Finally! My first 911!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 11:51 PM
IceBlueSC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally! My first 911!

Hello everyone,

I am the proud new owner of an '81 SC. I have wanted a P-car since I could drive and have been on the Pelican and Rennlist boards for the last few months learning as much as I could about their care and feeding.

I stumbled unto the car after having a PPI done on a '79 SC which didn't check out. The wrench (Hergesheimer in Lake Forest, CA) said that he might know of a car that I might be interested in. It turns out he has been servicing the car since new and the PO had just bought a 996 a couple of months back and didn't want the hassle of putting the '81 up for sale. I contacted the PO, looked the car over, and decided to get another shop to do an independent review (Haydon Bros in Anahiem). Well the car checked out great!! The engine is strong and tight, all upgrades and preventative maintenance has been done and best of all the PO was not looking to make a mint on the sale so a very reasonable price was arrived at.

Thanks to the board for all the great info, I am looking forward to learning more about the car as the ownership experience continues. Now I just have to find a new owner for my '00 GTI VR6!

"There are no old Porsches, just new owners."

Cheers!
Old 07-29-2001, 03:17 AM
Dial 911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike,
Congrats on what appears to be an original, un-molested example. You get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you come across a car whose PO was an enthusiast instead of a moron.
Have fun!
Old 07-29-2001, 04:28 AM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

IceBlueSC,

I see that you are in Orange County. My name is Sonny Vo and the webmaster of the local Porsche Club (OCR). We have a variety of activites for you to enjoy with your Porsche.

Visit www.pca.org/ocr for more information and congratulations on your new found Porsche.

Sonny Vo
ps: Mark at Hergisheimer is my primary mechanic. He's only three miles from my house in Lake Forest.
Old 07-29-2001, 03:11 PM
IceBlueSC
AutoX

Originally posted by Sonny Vo:
<STRONG>IceBlueSC,

I see that you are in Orange County. My name is Sonny Vo and the webmaster of the local Porsche Club (OCR). We have a variety of activites for you to enjoy with your Porsche.

Visit www.pca.org/ocr for more information and congratulations on your new found Porsche.

Sonny Vo
ps: Mark at Hergisheimer is my primary mechanic. He's only three miles from my house in Lake Forest.</STRONG>

Hey Sonny!

I am looking forward to joining the local PCA so I am sure to see you there!

Also, I will continue to use Mark as the wrench for the car, he just knows its history very well. If Haydon Bros. was closer to home it would have been a really tough decision. They are both excellent shops!

Cheers.
Old 07-29-2001, 03:16 PM
IceBlueSC
AutoX

Smile

Originally posted by Dial 911:
<STRONG>Mike,
Congrats on what appears to be an original, un-molested example. You get a warm and fuzzy feeling when you come across a car whose PO was an enthusiast instead of a moron.
Have fun!</STRONG>
Dial 911,

Upon speaking with the PO, he bought the car just to get him around town. He has never taken it to the track and just uses it as a utilitarian car. All the service records show that he also took very good care of it and if anything needed to get fixed he got it fixed.

Sometimes you just get lucky and find a car like this.

Cheers!
Old 07-29-2001, 03:42 PM
pete77930
Racer

Thumbs up

VERY, VERY LUCKY

Have Fun with it and take good care of it.
Looks to be in great shape
Pete,
77' 930
Old 07-29-2001, 05:42 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ice,

Beautiful car, beautiful color.

Good luck!

Richard
'87 Carrera
Old 08-09-2001, 08:42 PM
Tony'z911
Advanced

Mike,
Very nice car man! It sounds like you found a good one too. I only hope I can be so lucky. We just don't have the same population of 911's over here on the East coast. O'well, I'll still find one sooner or later.
-T
Old 08-09-2001, 10:58 PM
Ken Pacera
AutoX

Originally posted by IceBlueSC:
<STRONG>I am the proud new owner of an '81 SC. I have wanted a P-car since I could drive and have been on the Pelican and Rennlist boards for the last few months learning as much as I could about their care and feeding.</STRONG>
Congratulations

Looks like a great car, all the best with it. I've been looking for an sc or carrera for the past few months here in NJ, and the goods ones are tough to come by. It's great to find a car that has been owned by 1 person for many years with a good service record (I've come across plenty of sellers who for one reason or another are unloading a car that they've owned for less than a year).

Take care and enjoy the drive.
Ken

"still searching"
Old 08-10-2001, 12:39 AM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! And I concur about Herg's and Haydon - both are really nice shops and I've taken my car to both. Hopefully see you at a local PCA event (if I ever get to one!).

Don
Old 08-11-2001, 12:55 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts
Ice Blue,

Welcome to the 911 fraternity! Great job on the car, too! If you decide you want to start doing track events, join the POC. Brandon is very involved with the club, as well. There is a school & Short Track event at the Streets of Willow next month - come on out!

Rich
'86 Carrera

Quick Reply: Finally! My first 911!