Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The Family Car / Monday-Friday Transportation*…

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:09 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

Thanks Guys

The Audi is a 95 Audi 90 2.8L 5 spd. I got it with 240,000 km , dead alternator, collapsed front strut, crunched bumper dead battery, intermittent no start problem, sparks coming from brakes, no heat , no AC, dead power antenna, noisy cats, .. to name just a few things .. for those of you who know me... the perfect car... didn't drive it for a year,, just tinkered until I had it the way I wanted it.
The XS I have owned since 1980 , went to high school, College, my first job, dated on it .. rode it until I bought my Fiero .... "ouch" that was even too much of a project for ME ..and that was saying something ... gave it to my wife as soon as we were married in 87 and went back to the 76 XS.. I had it in the storage shed here for about ten years and just dragged it from place to place.. decided to fix it up after I finished the Audi .. turns more head than either of my Porsches and people are constantly wanting to talk to me about it . The internet was great for fixing it up and I still cruise ebay looking for odds and ends.

I do in fact have XS400 carbs on it ( little biger jets is all ) but it was only 5.00 for the carbs off ebay... the spokes are a pain compared to the 400 alloys , but I guess it fits the period... not unlike the 78 Brown 911 I drive ( er .... fix ! ) with the "**** pumpkin" interior..... okay so it is cork... well it was almost 30 years ago.

I atatched a couple more pics .

So as you can see having rebuilt, the Audi , the 944 the Bike and maintained a Fiero... read reconstructed from scratch ... I was pretty confident the 911 would be a good transition, and for those thinking of doing your own work , just get your hands dirty and get in there. It is the simplest of all of my projects when it comes to mechanics..
Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iceman, Can I have your life and your wife? So I can have more time to work on my cars. lol

My 911 has been sitting for a month now waiting for me to get started dropping the engine. I want to put in Carrera tensioners, change any hard to reach oil seals on the back of the engine, inspect my clutch, change any old hoses, new motor mounts, Turbo lower valve covers, valve adjustment, and just generally clean the engine up. But, I need time and sometimes permission when I do have time.

Kudos to you for some very nice work.

Brett
Old 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
jeffz993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my door slammers, 88-e30 m3 and a 2005 allroad 2.7 tt, our version of suv. almost forgot the winter weekend transpotation.

Last edited by jeffz993; 02-21-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: The Family Car / Monday-Friday Transportation*…