Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Holt Motorsports in West Chester, PA??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 05:22 PM
RC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Holt Motorsports in West Chester, PA??

Thinking of purchasing a 911 beauty in a few months and I figure, no time like the present to start researching. Has anyone purchased or dealt with Holt? I know most people recommend buying from a private owner b/c of the significant savings on price, but its hard to turn away from some type of warranty. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi RC,

I tried to buy a 993 from Holt a couple of weeks ago. The car I looked at was exactly as described over the phone, which was nice. The asking price was set at the high end of the market, and Mr. Holt wasn't really interested in moving too far from his asking price. I ended up buying a 993 locally from a private party for a lot less. My "new" car has fewer miles, more options, and in just as nice condition. Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Jim
95 Black 993
Old 01-24-2002, 08:34 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim,

FWIW: While I haven't bought anything from Tim Holt (because I'm not in the market), I've been to his place a lot of times (we're in the same town, he's a member of the local PCA, and pretty knowledgeable). His inventory never ceases to amaze me - all VERY nice cars. I've met some people who have bought his cars, and have yet to hear of anyone dissatisfied. Logically, when you buy a car from a dealer, you're usually going to pay more than buying from a private party. I've seen warranty stickers on his cars, but since I'm not a sales propspect, I haven't checked out the terms. If you don't want to take the time of doing the P-search, the premium you pay to Tim may be well worth it. Good luck with your search!!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:37 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Jim.

My apologies!..my post should have been addressed to RC.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:06 PM
993chaz
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Yes, I purchased my 86 - 911 coupe from Tim, I would rate them a 10 out of 10. As you stated he didnt move much on the price on my car, however his cars are immaculate, and he usually has the completet history. They answered all my questions and emailed me anything I wanted (pics), I have no affiliation with them but was extremely impressed. They actually even did some aftermarket mods for me and charged me only the price for the parts. A+++++++
Old 01-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Russ 87 911
Track Day

I had been looking for a white targa 87-89 for a year or so no luck finding the car.I called Tim , within a month he gave me a call telling me he knows of a car for sale but the owner was asking to much for him to make money on so if i was interested, buy the car yourself and pay me a finders fee, which I did.He could have never told me about the car and waited till he could make money on another.He is A1 in my book.
Old 01-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Boxer 6
Track Day

Old 02-02-2002, 12:06 AM
RC
Intermediate

Cool

Thanks for all the tips. For the most part, I would rate all of the info, including the private postings, as basically saying I need to consider Holt. When the time comes, thanks to all of you, I will have a good amount of information to rely on when making my purchase. I plan on going up to Holt's some time in the near future, just to check things out. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Holt Motorsports in West Chester, PA??