Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Advice on a 1976 I'm "courting"

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 07:48 PM
NickHolloman
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Advice on a 1976 I'm "courting"

So I have a buddy that's looking to sell his 1976 911 no sunroof SC. The car has 85k-ish miles on it. It was his father's car.

In 1995 It had a 3.2 from Andial along with dual exhaust installed. I have receipts for all of it but the lines are handwritten on the invoice so a lot of it's tough to read

. I think he spent around $15k from what I can tell from the receipts.

Recently he inherited the car and spent another $30k on interior, electronics, and just general freshening of the car.

I'm curious as to what all went into an andial motor back then? This is where it lists the 3.2 but i can't make heads or tails of most of it. There's also a huge itemized list of parts used

Any insite into what Andial actually did would be appreciated. I've been trying to read up on Andials and I see a lot 2.7 to 2.9 conversions. Could this have been a 3.0 that they converted to a 3.2? Just trying to get a better feel of what the car actually is.
Here are a couple pics of the car as well...

Last edited by NickHolloman; 05-25-2024 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 02:23 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes it appears as though the 3.0 liter engine was increased possibly to a displacement of 3.2 not certain without some examination wether through rods or P’s &C’s or both..
from the exterior still looks as it should like a 3.0 engine ..
the interior certainly has benefitted from quite a bit of expense the tartan inserts , door cards and redone seats can be pricey , nice looking car !
Bert
Old 05-27-2024, 06:56 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
Yes it appears as though the 3.0 liter engine was increased possibly to a displacement of 3.2 not certain without some examination wether through rods or P’s &C’s or both..
from the exterior still looks as it should like a 3.0 engine ..
the interior certainly has benefitted from quite a bit of expense the tartan inserts , door cards and redone seats can be pricey , nice looking car !
Bert

Yeah, that's what I tought when I first read it. If Bert says it's so, then indeed it is, @budge96

Last edited by TRINITONY; 05-27-2024 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

okay firstly there is no such thing as a 76 SC .

The SC came out in 78 so a check of the VIN would be the very first thing i would do ..

If it is in fact a 78 ( which is likely by looking at the fender flares, ) it would have come with the 3.0 litre shown in the pics.
The engine would not have been replaced, but the P&C would have been changed to the 3.2, essentially building a ' short stroker' or what is known as the Max Moritz build.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...oritz-kit.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...onversion.html

it is difficult to know what is in the engine, without contacting andial,
the 78 is particularly good for this upgrade as it had the larger intake runners.

Personally i think that interior is quite shoddy for a 30K USD spend. But maybe its just dirty or starting to get worn .. and opinions are like a-holes so i totally get that.

Last edited by theiceman; 05-27-2024 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 12:24 PM
AG81
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

If the previous owner paid for new seats, new covers, door panels, rear seats recover, dash insert tartan, pedals, floor boards and carpets it could easily be $30K in the States. It's on the high high side but feasible.
This is from someone actually in the States and involved in that particular industry. It's hard to tell what all was done. Was the headliner also done? Hard points on the tub with matching material?

{ "he inherited the car and spent another $30k on interior, electronics, and just general freshening of the car."} This is a pretty large and open ended comment. So the $30K cost could easily be justified....
Old 05-27-2024, 12:40 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by AG81
If the previous owner paid for new seats, new covers, door panels, rear seats recover, dash insert tartan, pedals, floor boards and carpets it could easily be $30K in the States. It's on the high high side but feasible.
This is from someone actually in the States and involved in that particular industry. It's hard to tell what all was done. Was the headliner also done? Hard points on the tub with matching material?

{ "he inherited the car and spent another $30k on interior, electronics, and just general freshening of the car."} This is a pretty large and open ended comment. So the $30K cost could easily be justified....
agreed if there is more involved, prices are getting insane ..
Old 05-27-2024, 01:45 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 577 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by NickHolloman
So I have a buddy that's looking to sell his 1976 911 no sunroof SC. The car has 85k-ish miles on it. It was his father's car.

In 1995 It had a 3.2 from Andial along with dual exhaust installed. I have receipts for all of it but the lines are handwritten on the invoice so a lot of it's tough to read

. I think he spent around $15k from what I can tell from the receipts.

Recently he inherited the car and spent another $30k on interior, electronics, and just general freshening of the car.

I'm curious as to what all went into an andial motor back then? This is where it lists the 3.2 but i can't make heads or tails of most of it. There's also a huge itemized list of parts used

Any insite into what Andial actually did would be appreciated. I've been trying to read up on Andials and I see a lot 2.7 to 2.9 conversions. Could this have been a 3.0 that they converted to a 3.2? Just trying to get a better feel of what the car actually is.
Here are a couple pics of the car as well...

No such thing as a '76 SC

It's possible that it's a '76 Carrera 3.0 note the manual window cranks & headlights but it could also be a plain '76 w/ an engine t/p and flares welded on

If the engine is a '76 or '77 the stock fan was a 245mm 5 blade, if the engine is a '78 or '79 it had a 226mm 11blade fan, any other 911 engine would have been 245mm 11 blade

find the VIN and the engine type and serial # to determine what you are dealing with

also note the engine heat setup has been backdated to '74 or earlier type

the wheels and tires also appear to have been updated
Old 05-27-2024, 09:54 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Haha I think I must have missed that he said ‘76 or I just presumed it was a ‘76 Euro Carrera of which their were very few and far between ..
There were however many G body cars ‘74,’5 and ‘6 that were upgraded to at a minimum the 3.0 ‘78 SC engine and further if Andial was involved possibly 3.2 displacement .
As Iceman posted he should post the VIN and determine what the original bones were but in its current configuration it’s pretty well warmed over from stock ..
Hey TriniToni ! Good to hear from ya ,Bert

Quick Reply: Advice on a 1976 I'm "courting"