Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My Custom '89 Strosek Mega Speedster!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 04:46 PM
timeisonmywrist
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool My Custom '89 Strosek Mega Speedster!

Here is my fully customized '89 Strosek Mega Speedster built by Bob Anziano's Bad Boys Cars. In the 90's, it was all about updating, not backdating, and many 964 parts were utilized in the build such as painted hardback seats, aero mirrors, door panels with electric windows, center console, taillights, gauge surround, etc. The brakes are 993 Turbo "Big Reds".

The engine was stroked from 3.2 to 3.6L by S-Car-Go Racing and they also went through the G50 transmission. I've owned other sports cars built around the same time (Lingenfelter/Callaway Corvette, F355, NSX) and this car is my favorite one to drive.

I was an avid reader of duPont Registry in the 90's and this is my 90's time machine. The last major modification I have planned is a custom set of widebody spec 18" OZ Futuras to keep the period look. The current 18" forged Fikse Profil 5S wheels are in excellent condition and will be for sale soon.

Strosek front ends were polarizing designs when they debuted, but the looks have softened now and the car receives a lot of compliments. When viewed from the side, the design is a mix of classic 911 meets Slantnose for a more streamlined look. Let me know what you think.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:34 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 93 Posts

Yes polarizing but cool nun the less , I met Bob Anziano back in early 2000’s when a close buddy worked with him completing some of the last cars built prior to his passing
His shop was out in Santa Ana and I think I was trying to get some parts or something my buddy was selling haha.
I recall that friend had made a 3.6 turbo Speedster on a 964 Speedster or Cab not sure that was one of the coolest cars I’ve ever seen, By Design had it under contract for sale …Bert
The following users liked this post:
timeisonmywrist (12-10-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 09:10 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, amazing ride!

Thank goodness Dominoes FINALLY got that delivery vehicle to ensure the pizza arrives in 30 minutes or less. Now if they can just figure out how to keep the toppings in place w/ mega acceleration.
timeisonmywrist (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 03:06 AM
timeisonmywrist
AutoX

Originally Posted by budge96
Yes polarizing but cool nun the less , I met Bob Anziano back in early 2000’s when a close buddy worked with him completing some of the last cars built prior to his passing
His shop was out in Santa Ana and I think I was trying to get some parts or something my buddy was selling haha.
I recall that friend had made a 3.6 turbo Speedster on a 964 Speedster or Cab not sure that was one of the coolest cars I’ve ever seen, By Design had it under contract for sale …Bert
I appreciate it, Bert! My car was apparently turbocharged by Protomotive back in the day. Now it has the 3.6 stroker.

Originally Posted by wingless
Wow, amazing ride!

Thank goodness Dominoes FINALLY got that delivery vehicle to ensure the pizza arrives in 30 minutes or less. Now if they can just figure out how to keep the toppings in place w/ mega acceleration.
Thank you! Haha you would think that it's fast because of the highly aerodynamic shape and because I call it the Pizza Rocket. However, with only 30 hp on tap, I need more than 30 minutes for delivery.
Old 12-10-2023, 03:08 AM
timeisonmywrist
AutoX

Here is one of my favorite recent photos with the hardtop on:

My new/wider 18" OZ Futura wheels have arrived and I can't wait to have them ceramic coated and installed! These 18" Fikse forged wheels will be for sale in case anyone is interested.

Last edited by timeisonmywrist; 12-10-2023 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:30 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've always liked how the strosek speedster looked like. I'm glad it's still in one piece!
timeisonmywrist (12-11-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 06:40 PM
timeisonmywrist
AutoX

Originally Posted by veleno
I've always liked how the strosek speedster looked like. I'm glad it's still in one piece!
Thanks! It would take a lot of body work to return it to original factory Speedster configuration considering it's all one piece from the front left fender to the front right fender. I think custom vehicles like this should be preserved in their period correct configuration.
Old 12-11-2023, 08:12 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 273 Posts

The car looks fantastic. Congratulations.
timeisonmywrist (12-11-2023)

Quick Reply: My Custom '89 Strosek Mega Speedster!