Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone know if Classic Porsche Restoration (CPR) is going out pf business?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 09:07 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 496 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by RC DOUBLE;19067968[b
But what I do not understand about all this fraud here, is that I still have the title to my car!?? I am no attorney, but do I not still legally own the car? I have no car and no money, no bill of sale, but yet still have the legal MO title to the car.
The car was sold for well over 200k and this whole thing is really taking a toll on me and my family!!

I am with Blue TTop, I do no understand why CPR has not been shut down? I am so very afraid of the possible outcome on this? [/b]
Technically yes you are free and clear the legal legitimate owner. It doesn't matter if x sold your car to y. If you are the one with the title, and have not received money from x or y, then it is still your car.... now did they make another title? Did the dealership somehow put the title in their name and sell it on? Is the new owner getting the song and dance that the old owner (you) has received the money but will not release the site? All possible it sounds like from the experiences on the thread above.

Hindsight is 2020, I had reached out to CPR about joining out dealership marketing network about three years ago, and it was the run around even back then, "no we didn't receive the materials" "maybe you had mailed them to our other building" "I can't tell you if we've thought about it or not" blah blah blah.... well after reading all this, I'm glad we never had the opportunity to expose our following to such business practices.

Good luck to those still caught in the web!

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following users liked this post:
RC DOUBLE (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 09:37 PM
RC DOUBLE
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well from we have been told from the CA. DMV that since the car has an out of state title it would be next to impossible to get a
new CA title issued for the car. They said, had it been a CA. title, that it may have been possible.
Old 10-20-2023, 04:41 PM
swish77
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, been following CPR cars for years and drooling over many of them. Is there another vintage/classic Porsche dealership/shop in the U.S. that has a similar inventory of high-quality 911s, without the legal drama and apparent fraud, of course?
Old 10-20-2023, 07:17 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by swish77
Wow, been following CPR cars for years and drooling over many of them. Is there another vintage/classic Porsche dealership/shop in the U.S. that has a similar inventory of high-quality 911s, without the legal drama and apparent fraud, of course?
Try these shops:

https://www.europeancollectibles.com/

https://canepa.com/
swish77 (10-30-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 04:14 AM
AusPorsche911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate,
I'm in the same position as your family member. CPR has 2 cars with them that may or may not have sold. Apparently one has sold. Money has been coming for 3-4months. What are you doing? Have you started legal proceedings? Can you recommend a lawyer or legal firm?
Thomas
Old 12-16-2023, 03:44 PM
AusPorsche911
2nd Gear

Hi mate,
I'm in the same position as many others. CPR has 2 cars with them that may or may not have sold. Apparently one has sold. Money has been coming for 3-4months. What are you doing? Have you started legal proceedings? Can you recommend a lawyer or legal firm?
Thomas
Old 12-18-2023, 01:26 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Technically yes you are free and clear the legal legitimate owner. It doesn't matter if x sold your car to y. If you are the one with the title, and have not received money from x or y, then it is still your car.... now did they make another title? Did the dealership somehow put the title in their name and sell it on? Is the new owner getting the song and dance that the old owner (you) has received the money but will not release the site? All possible it sounds like from the experiences on the thread above.

Hindsight is 2020, I had reached out to CPR about joining out dealership marketing network about three years ago, and it was the run around even back then, "no we didn't receive the materials" "maybe you had mailed them to our other building" "I can't tell you if we've thought about it or not" blah blah blah.... well after reading all this, I'm glad we never had the opportunity to expose our following to such business practices.

Good luck to those still caught in the web!
Consigning a car can be a tricky situation if done with an unscrupulous dealer/seller. In NJ if you consign with a dealer, they have the power to sell your car...with or without the title. If they don't give you your money, then you have to sue them in civil court. Some other states may operate the same way. An owner needs to do their due diligence before consigning with any dealer.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:46 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I would like to add for the scammers/dealers reading this thread. Keep in mind you guys have no idea why someone is selling their car. It could be because they have a medical problem (for them or a family member) and need the money for treatment. By essentially not giving these folks their money, you run the risk of of feeling the wrath of a distraught parent/spouse or family member. The court system may not be the option that said victim might choose to retrieve their due monies.
JoV (02-11-2024)
Old 12-18-2023, 02:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Jesus H .. this is like the never ending story, but the nightmare version. I agree with post above .. be careful of the " find out" phase of the transaction.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:37 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Jesus H .. this is like the never ending story, but the nightmare version. I agree with post above .. be careful of the " find out" phase of the transaction.
exactly.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:27 PM
JoV
2nd Gear

Unhappy CPR Classic by Andrea Nicole Doherty is a scam

Updated !! Bought car from them and sold it through consignment with them a couple of years later. Once they had a buyer I transferred the title end of Nov 2022, but they still have not paid me !! Been chasing them for 4 weeks now and have gotten every pathetic excuse for not having received a wire or check. Check would be sent on Dec 20th. Was never sent that week. Week of Jan 1st ; check goes out today... AGAIN ; check was not sent. FedEx label created doesn't mean it was sent. Andrea Doherty said on the phone that it was sent but the next day she said that she would go out and drop it off at FedEx. The tracking shows that it is STILL not with FedEx !!! FOUR days now !! Got the attorney general's office involved who will flag this company for malicious actions. Payment should have been on exchange of the title. needs proof of payment to the seller. I can get the car repossessed till CPR can prove a wire was sent or a check was cashed. Andrea Doherty is running her late dad's business into the ground. Andrea DOHERTY finally sent a check so I thought I was done with Andrea and CPR this was done but she cancelled it right after I deposited at my bank. Now she removed every post on the CPR Facebook page and ended up removing the whole page !!! This case is now going to the Attorney General !!! Everyone should share this on the sites of classic car dealers so they know the practices of ANDREA DOHERTY at CPR CLASSIC !!! SHAME ON YOU ANDREA !!!! Your dad rolls over in his grave every time you came a customer!!
Put the company name or Andrea Nicole Doherty in Google together with San Diego Court and you will how many people are taking her to court. They never got their money when she sold their car or they never get the title when they buy a car from her because the owner doesn't sign it over till he get paid.

People who hired lawyers to collect for them can't even get anything because all the inventory is in consignment and CPR Classic rents the building.

Andrea Nicole Doherty made enough enemies in her life to prevent her from sleeping.
I will keep this review updated Andrea !!! Hope you regret all your false promises. lies and fraudulent actions for the rest of your life.

RC DOUBLE (02-21-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 10:30 PM
JoV
2nd Gear

Updated !! Bought car from them and sold it through consignment with them a couple of years later. Once they had a buyer I transferred the title end of Nov 2022, but they still have not paid me !! Been chasing them for 4 weeks now and have gotten every pathetic excuse for not having received a wire or check. Check would be sent on Dec 20th. Was never sent that week. Week of Jan 1st ; check goes out today... AGAIN ; check was not sent. FedEx label created doesn't mean it was sent. Andrea Doherty said on the phone that it was sent but the next day she said that she would go out and drop it off at FedEx. The tracking shows that it is STILL not with FedEx !!! FOUR days now !! Got the attorney general's office involved who will flag this company for malicious actions. Payment should have been on exchange of the title. needs proof of payment to the seller. I can get the car repossessed till CPR can prove a wire was sent or a check was cashed. Andrea Doherty is running her late dad's business into the ground. Andrea DOHERTY finally sent a check so I thought I was done with Andrea and CPR this was done but she cancelled it right after I deposited at my bank. Now she removed every post on the CPR Facebook page and ended up removing the whole page !!! This case is now going to the Attorney General !!! Everyone should share this on the sites of classic car dealers so they know the practices of ANDREA DOHERTY at CPR CLASSIC !!! SHAME ON YOU ANDREA !!!! Your dad rolls over in his grave every time you came a customer!!
Put the company name or Andrea Nicole Doherty in Google together with San Diego Court and you will how many people are taking her to court. They never got their money when she sold their car or they never get the title when they buy a car from her because the owner doesn't sign it over till he get paid.

People who hired lawyers to collect for them can't even get anything because all the inventory is in consignment and CPR Classic rents the building.

Andrea Nicole Doherty made enough enemies in her life to prevent her from sleeping.
I will keep this review updated Andrea !!! Hope you regret all your false promises. lies and fraudulent actions for the rest of your life.

https://docplayer.net/237150875-Supe...n-case-no.html

https://forum.porsche356registry.org...ic.php?t=56204

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...usiness-3.html

https://unicourt.com/case/ca-sd-brie...classic-911490

https://www.law.com/radar/card/pm-51...ams-v-doherty/
RC DOUBLE (02-21-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 03:27 PM
zenspector46
Rennlist Member

I just found this post. I guess I am lucky to have completed a purchase with Andrea and CPR two years ago. She even gave me a $10K rebate when I told them I wanted to send the car back. However, she never sent the factory radio and side window to replace the severely scratched one on the car, as promised over and over by her.
As stated above, always excuses and no results. I finally gave up.
But yes, I was very lucky!
Old 03-02-2024, 05:11 AM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by zenspector46
I just found this post. I guess I am lucky to have completed a purchase with Andrea and CPR two years ago. She even gave me a $10K rebate when I told them I wanted to send the car back. However, she never sent the factory radio and side window to replace the severely scratched one on the car, as promised over and over by her.
As stated above, always excuses and no results. I finally gave up.
But yes, I was very lucky!
Yes, lucky. The person who owned the car CPR sold you probably hasn’t been paid is likely one of the lawsuits pending.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue TTop
Yes, lucky. The person who owned the car CPR sold you probably hasn’t been paid is likely one of the lawsuits pending.

lol , guy finds out he is the receiver of stolen goods.. if the original owner wasn't paid isn't it technically stolen?

wonder how that would wash out in court as he bought it not knowing this ?

Quick Reply: Anyone know if Classic Porsche Restoration (CPR) is going out pf business?