Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone know if Classic Porsche Restoration (CPR) is going out pf business?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 05:25 PM
Hheine
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessecrowe
I had my car on consignment with them - they sold it to a person in Georgia - it took awhile for the title to go through - but based on carfax the guy had the car serviced in January in Georgia - so they had my money before then. Still waiting. I get a daily run-around. I am pressing charges for fraud and a sizable bad check. This is not legal.
seems like youre not the only one. Multiple lawsuits on the North County Superior Court docket with similar stories.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:19 PM
Kaikane40
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is a list of suits (public info from internet). If anyone had any doubts....they are criminals.

The following users liked this post:
Blue TTop (08-04-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 12:05 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

well... that doesnt look good .....

i know the US is the land of litigation, but holy cow that's a lot ..

could someone explain this to someone not familiar with this way of life ? what does all that mean ? are these open case working their way through the courts , or can the person just ignore it and move on ? some of these are from 2016 even.

Last edited by theiceman; 06-21-2023 at 12:09 PM.
997turbocab (06-27-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 01:47 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
well... that doesnt look good .....
i know the US is the land of litigation, but holy cow that's a lot ..
could someone explain this to someone not familiar with this way of life ? what does all that mean ? are these open case working their way through the courts , or can the person just ignore it and move on ? some of these are from 2016 even.
The wheels of justice move slowly. It's possible some of these are being negotiated to resolution outside the courts.

Old 06-21-2023, 02:10 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,127 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The wheels of justice move slowly. It's possible some of these are being negotiated to resolution outside the courts.
can the guy just declare bankruptcy and open as a new name and do it again ? i see variations of the same name so i was wondering.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:05 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 278 Posts

I am sorry to hear about this kind of stuff. And I really hope that the car owners that have been wronged to not give up and spend some money, lawyer up, and pursue their case.

Spyerx maybe the only guy that remembers a well-known body shop in Denver area that tried to screw me big time with a bare metal job. This was about 7 years ago. I had my lawyers go after the SOB and pursued him long after I did not need to. It costed me a lot but at that point it is not about money. Only my wife calmed me down and I let it go. The SOB filed for bankruptcy, closed shop, and left the state for FL.

BUT...one cannot just file for bankruptcy and be done and walk away. You can pursue all immediate family members, lien on any/all assets, anyone that has lend the business money, and all extended family members, etc. Including informing all future employers. This stuff can be made very messy with land scorching attorneys.

The best outcome for me is that I was able to meet a restoration shop that has Quality and Integrity.

Originally Posted by theiceman
can the guy just declare bankruptcy and open as a new name and do it again ? i see variations of the same name so i was wondering.
iceman, the answer unfortunately is yes, unless if the claimants stick with it...

Last edited by Igooz; 06-21-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:51 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

^^^ Too common unfortunately. Finding a trusted shop is so difficult.

I know of another story similar, and ultimately becomes about doing "right" vs. letting an a-hole get away with another scam, many of the people who own these cars and spend the money we do have the means to seek resolution, even if not a financially viable path... In this case, they retained a lien on the shop owners residence until the debt was paid off.

Qtrfoil (06-21-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 01:33 PM
Jessecrowe
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CPR Criminal Investigation

I was paid late but did get paid along with interest today.

Last edited by Jessecrowe; 06-28-2023 at 07:38 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jessecrowe:
Blue TTop (06-28-2023), onboost (07-11-2023), Qtrfoil (07-12-2023)
Old 07-09-2023, 04:35 PM
heircooled
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a family member who also consigned a car and has been getting dicked around by them, what was the timeline like of you getting paid? they've given us a bad check, and then said they would wire money last week and haven't. Will be going to the local FBI and contacting San Diego DA come tomorrow pursuing legal action against both of them.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:22 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by heircooled
Have a family member who also consigned a car and has been getting dicked around by them, what was the timeline like of you getting paid? they've given us a bad check, and then said they would wire money last week and haven't. Will be going to the local FBI and contacting San Diego DA come tomorrow pursuing legal action against both of them.
CPR now has a Commercial Debt Mediator.

And since you are in San Diego, beware of a 1972 911S VIN: 9112300505 in Signal Orange owned by a Craig Goodman. His car is part of a pending legal matter that also involves CPR.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blue TTop:
997turbocab (07-11-2023), heircooled (07-10-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 12:41 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 962 Posts

Anyone with updates on CPR?

Surprised nothing in the local news about this

Looks like they are still selling cars and working on restorations

They always have a booth at The Reunion just weeks away. That might be interesting
Old 08-04-2023, 02:45 PM
Blue TTop
Pro

Here is a copy of CPR’s notice of hiring a debt & litigation mediator:

This is a list of the current lawsuits against CPR Classic owner, Andrea Doherty. There are probably more, but I only searched on her name.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:53 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow glad I found this I actually called them about a car the other day had no idea!
Blue TTop (10-05-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 01:10 AM
Blue TTop
Pro

Just received the following reply on my Fotki page dedicated to CPR Classic and 9112300505:

I am sick. I've had my 1986 Porsche 930 with CPR for about 18 months. They claim the buyers continue back out, but now they say it has been sold. It's currently listed on their website as "PENDING". I can't get them to wire the money. Andrea keeps coming up with excuses....waiting on the check to clear, will wire next week and today she says she has Covid and is working from home and she has a limit on the amount she can wire through an internet request, but is talking to her banker and it should go out tomorrow. I have a very sick feeling in my stomach that I've been screwed. Why hasn't anyone been able to get a judgment against CPR and lock down their inventory. And, why hasn't there been any federal criminal charges filed by the U.S. District Attorney for wire fraud, and interstate commerce fraud. I need an attorney. Is there any recommendations for an attorney that has actually won a case against CPR? Thanks n advance for any insight/advice anyone can give.

Looks like CPR is still up to the same fraud game.
RC DOUBLE (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 08:52 PM
RC DOUBLE
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CPR Classics

I certainly wish that I saw this thread last year when I was consigning our 356 Conv. D with CPR !! Blue TTop, I understand your frustration first hand! My wife and I have been losing sleep over our situation. CPR sold our car "apparently" three months ago and we still have not have been paid. We still have the title to the car, no signed contract, and no bill of sale. Our car is currently still listed for sale on their website, I do not know why? We live out of state in MO. but thankfully have a close friend in CA. who was able to visit CPR and confront them on this non payment for our car but he has not been able to accomplish getting us paid. We too are getting the run around from Andrea, wire transfers not going through, the money didn't come in yet, so many excuses, blah, blah, blah. Our friend that lives in CA was able to go to the DMV with power of Attorney and was informed that the car had in fact been sold to someone in California , taxes and registration have been paid to the state. There is so much fraud being committed here. I am not an attorney, but do I still legally own this car? I have no car, no money, no bill of sale, but yet still have the legal MO title to our car. Our car was sold for well over 200k and this whole situation is really taking a toll on my family and I!!

I agree with Blue TTop, I do no understand why CPR has not been shut down? I am so very afraid of the possible outcome for our situation.

Last edited by RC DOUBLE; 10-20-2023 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Anyone know if Classic Porsche Restoration (CPR) is going out pf business?