The way this board is run...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:20 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some ppl will never 'get it'
Me, I am convinced and am on my way to pay. I have already benefitted many more time the cost of supporting the board.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by Phoenix
Marc.....i see that you live in northen new jersey......well if you can make it over to Franklin Lakes, id love to continue this conversation.
To cheap to drive to me? Need some gas money?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Some ppl will never 'get it'
Me, I am convinced and am on my way to pay. I have already benefited many more time the cost of supporting the board.

Dave, Congratulations on your choice and welcome to the "member category"

Remember all, the Central PA Region Hershey Swap is only 10 days away!!!
regards,
Steve
Old 04-15-2004, 09:02 AM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

Wait! Our tax dollars did not pay for the internet.
I thought Gore invented it?

Don Ehinger
Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts

It is a bummer that the free classifieds had to be deleted because of a few crooks who scammed people with bogus ads, junk parts, etc. I imagine that John D. got stuck spending a lot of time dealing with this crap, since he probably got emails from people who were ripped off. As much as I miss browsing through them, I don't blame him for closing down the non-member classifieds.

I too would like to see alot of the non-members pony up the membership fee. I've got two memberships, one for me and one for my 5 month old son. For less than the cost of dinner and a movie, why not support Rennlist. We all get a lot out of it. Why not give a little something back.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too would like to see alot of the non-members pony up the membership fee.
Agreed. I joined when people crabbed when he pulled the ads & I still don't have a Porsche yet (although another one goes for PPI on Monday). This board, the members & the search button are well worth everyone's support . . .

Ian
Old 04-15-2004, 03:05 PM
ebsalem
Instructor

Use the message boards, or classified without joining RENNLIST proper and I say we revoke the posters human rights.

but that's just me thinking out loud again....

e
Old 04-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Kurt V
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just wish I could get "rennlist member" under my screen name.

Ah I see it has appeared! I'm happy now!

Last edited by Kurt V; 04-19-2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gore was not truthful -- John D invented it after a near peaceful resolution of a lengthy legal battle. These sacrifices should not be overlooked when we consider what we are 'entitled to.'
Old 04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
k911sc
Intermediate

phoenix, when you're done kicking marc's ace, try pelican parts. they have a free classified section, and the board as a whole is not so "clicky", like you may experience here.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:06 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

"Our tax dollars did not pay for the internet."

- guess again, Sparky. DARPA created the internet - and you paid for DARPA as well as all other military programs.

BTW, the guy that invented html (who used to be a CERN and is now at MIT) just got an award -- Google for more info.

Now, for the folks who use the board a lot but don't pay -- could you pls send John a few bucks? Just anything would help him out. He should put a paypal button on the site to make it easier....
Old 04-16-2004, 09:30 AM
sandor
Addict
Rennlist Member

When you use the word "our," it implies a vested interest in this board. As a nonmember you don't have one., The status under your name is "user." Hmmm! Users manipulate people or things for their own benefit.
So just contribute the few dollars to support the board that you "love" and enjoy the benfits that the rest of us members enjoy.
regards [/B]

is "user" supposed to be automagically changed to member? i have been a member now for a while (though just recently decided to check out the web forums-i was all email prior)... i figured it would all change at a certain number of posts or something. i rank rennlist membership up with my memberships in "professional societies", i would feel unethical continually using the resources of either without paying my dues.

sandor

Rennlist #031031-4586
Old 04-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Barry A. Waters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Wow!

What a Membership Drive! I just signed up as well so I'll soon be promoted from 'user' to 'newbie member'!

Over the past two years I've kept my '86 3.2 Coupe on the road in fine style (and it's a daily driver with over 200,000 miles!) based largely on the GREAT information this list provides. During this time I've also tried to put back into the mix when and where it was possible for me to do so.

One thing is certain - the list is indeed a two-way street. Take some & give some as the theory goes!

I've received highly accurate guidance from both members AND users and encourage any user who has not yet joined to do so if possible. I'd also ask the users that can't join right now to continue to share their experiences and insights as they can definitely provide info that others may need. You'll join one day, TRUST ME! :-)

Cheers!

Barry

P.S. - That Gore thing is indeed a hoax! I (as in ME) invented the Internet and my last calculations show everyone owes me 11.36 in U.S. Dollars using the exchange rate posted in the 19 April 2004 WS Journal. And yes, checks are OK.

Quick Reply: The way this board is run...