Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The way this board is run...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Phoenix
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The way this board is run...

Im not sure if all have noticed it, but this board has changed somewhat......I love rennlist.....why.....because its a community and we are a group of (mostly) men who love our cars, and the transfer of information that improves our situation. Ive noticed that the powers that be here do not allow this all the time. Especally when it comes to non memeber adds that have to do with material goods, the non member classifieds have been deleted. What does this mean to the average use.....some percentage of porsche parts at whatever cost go unavailable to you. There is a large number of people out there who have owned porsches and have garages full of stuff they would like to get rid of but are not crazy enough about porsches to pay to join our board. I say that if the moderators truly had our best interests in mind they would reinstitute the non member classifieds as opposed to worrying about the profit margin this board makes.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:49 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Phoenix
...when it comes to non memeber adds that have to do with material goods, the non member classifieds have been deleted. ... I say that if the moderators truly had our best interests in mind they would reinstitute the non member classifieds as opposed to worrying about the profit margin this board makes.
Thanks for your opinion. You can always list them on e-Bay - one ad will probably cost more then one years Membership - then you can always use e-Bays dispute resolution system - should there be a problem - which of course, there never would be a problem on e-Bay.

Or - you can join PCA - and list them there. That's what - $42 per year? And oh - only other PCA Members can see your ads..?

Hmmm - it is a perplexing problem? However - please be assured that the reason only Members can post their items is because a) I do have their best interests in mind, and b) when there is a "profit" - I'll be certain to worry about it. In the meantime - I won't quit my "paying - day job"...

Thanks for your input....
Old 04-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John D,

Well said.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Phoenix
Intermediate

you still havent shed any light on the reason that the free transfer of information between the members of this community is beign obstructed.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

you still havent shed any light on the reason that the free transfer of information between the members of this community is beign obstructed.
Moron.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Phoenix
Intermediate

Marc.....i see that you live in northen new jersey......well if you can make it over to Franklin Lakes, id love to continue this conversation.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Marc.....i see that you live in northen new jersey......well if you can make it over to Franklin Lakes, id love to continue this conversation.
Yawn.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:45 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calm down guys.

Phoenix was just asking . . .

The Non Member ads were closed down early this year (or late last year) because of abuse by Non Members. Scams, non-shipment of goods etc etc.

The moderators of the board closed it for the BENEFIT of its members.

Ian
Old 04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Ian,

This guy has a grudge, he has posted this in multiple forums and is obviously hiding behind a new User ID.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:58 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

So you're sure he's not just ignorant?

John, I loved your crocodile tears reply BTW...
Old 04-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Why do people always thing everything on the internet should be free and the site "owes" it him.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:35 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Because the Internet, early on, was free. In fact it was created to encourage the free exchange of information (your defense tax $$ paid for it intitially). I still remember how nice it was before the general public was allowed in.

And this site IS free. John only requests donations.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:46 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"and the transfer of information that improves our situation. Ive noticed that the powers that be here do not allow this all the time. Especally when it comes to non memeber adds that have to do with material goods, the non member classifieds have been deleted...but are not crazy enough about porsches to pay to join **OUR** board."

As I read Phoenix's post and many spelling/gramatical errors, it struck me that
he claims that the "board powers" restrict the "transfer of information" when infact his real issue is only the transfer of products and cash, without compensating the list in anyway. Phoenix, there isn't any free lunch! John and Jen have given much of their personal finances and time to provide this forum for us after the other boards closed. Membership fees help to reduce these costs, but a profit? If there were Google or Bill Gates would buy him out. As a paying member, I also have a problem supporting the use of *nonmembers* to profit from sales and services.

When you use the word "our," it implies a vested interest in this board. As a nonmember you don't have one., The status under your name is "user." Hmmm! Users manipulate people or things for their own benefit.
So just contribute the few dollars to support the board that you "love" and enjoy the benfits that the rest of us members enjoy.
regards
Old 04-14-2004, 07:48 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc

OK. Now I understand.

Ignored . . .
Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
tdatk944+S4
Racer

Looser,
The man has a gripe over getting a free lunch. In my opinion ,it's the same as bitching about getting welfare.
Post your swill somewhere else.

Tim

Quick Reply: The way this board is run...