Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Classic Retrofit Fuse Panel Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022 | 05:36 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I tackled this project on my '89. One set of instructions said to ziptie the panel to the old one, which no way would have worked because the wires were too short - which I found out after trying to do a few of the wires on the bottom. I ended up taking about 20 pictures, and then removed the old panel and all the wires and then installed all the wires one at a time, and the process was fairly easy. On a couple of the terminals, I had to get the ferrules off the wire (without cutting it), because there was no way it was going to fit. There was also one set, I think on fuse 4 or 5 that had five wires going into one terminal - that one was a nightmare.

It also helped to take the screw out all the way for some that were tight and then use needle nose pliers to push the wire into the terminal. For the entire project it took me a couple of hours, but could have been quicker (i debated labeling every wire, doing one wire at a time, etc - but probably should have went straight to install).

This is a much better solution than installing a headlight relay, which I considered after my turn signal switch went bad.

Quick Reply: Classic Retrofit Fuse Panel Wiring