Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Offered a Spyder RS, what to do!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 12:35 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,062 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
if already happy with you tts as a keeper, why not go for real variety? get a ferrari 458 spider for same cost as a boxster rs. more practical too with hardtop convt

Ferrari and Lambos just aren’t my things. I love German cars.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:52 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSW3S9S9

Any input appreciated.

Thinking Artic Grey, but not sure! The metallic Vanadium is nice too. Also white is very nice but a bit feminine or so the wife says.

Any idea how to change the color of the insert on the LWBs?

Last edited by Angryinch; 06-19-2024 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:06 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch

Any input appreciated.

Thinking Artic Grey, but not sure! The metallic Vanadium is nice too. Also white is very nice but a bit feminine or so the wife says.

Changing the color of the inserts (if you don't do the body form inserts) is either a CXX option (not on the configurator) or aftermarket. Since PCNA requires CXX options to be at least USD 25k (not sure what they require in Canada), I doubt that you can get it through CXX.

Looking at your spec, I would recommend to use the same color for the seatbelts and pull loops and for the internal stitching (either blue to match with the wheels or yellow to match with the calipers). If you go with yellow and keep dark outside color, consider yellow stickers.

Also, I would add the smoker's package for the additional 12V socket. I would skip the dashcam prep, since it only work with the Porsche one and it is quite an expensive camera that is expensive to install and only looks forward.

Painted keys are cool (and I need them to distinguish between the keys for different cars), but you can find cheaper aftermarket solutions. So only order them if you need to have it on your order sheet.
The following users liked this post:
Angryinch (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 559 Likes on 308 Posts

You can either go with Porsche and pay lots for CXX or just go to https://p1designs.com/
Angryinch (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 07:12 AM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 151 Posts

Any input appreciated.

I think the yellow calipers and blue wheels is initially interesting, but has too much going on. I would black-out the brakes. Vanadium and blue wheels looks good. You could do yellow brakes and yellow interior accents, but not with the blue wheels.

Vanadium can work with a red interior, but not with the blue wheels. A red interior may be interesting.

The dash looks awkward without the chronometer. White dials may be interesting. I added all the leather bits and deviated stitching. The TTS leather is a spoiler, and there is way too much Race Tex in SRS. I did steering wheel, gear shifter, visors, etc in leather.

Agree with LWB and PCCBs - this car is a lightweight dream and a contrast to the TTS.

Here is a yellow accent spec:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSFDQMC5

Angryinch (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 12:24 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

What is everyone's opinion on the steel brakes?? Are most guys going PCCB??

Thanks for the tips guys, Ive made some adjustments.

Old 06-20-2024, 04:21 AM
Spyder_NL
7th Gear

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

I've driven one with steels and they are more than fine. With their size and the car's weight overheating is not really an issue. My bet is that the rotor size is close to the same, and even the calipers look the same (with the same risk of ruining rims, so close are the calipers to the inside of the rim). Personally I've picked pccb for the look, the lack of dust/rust and "affordable" weight reduction in the right place. Compared to mags, it's an easy choice. Plus for me wheels are high risk wear items (especially with the inside/rock risk), and the replacement cost of the mag wheels is just silly. However, I do have to confess the performance improvement will likely only be added psychologically, as I don't have the talent nor driving limits to enjoy the difference compared to that the car on steels would have. So it just boils down to taste I guess

Here's a photo of both cars

The following 2 users liked this post by Spyder_NL:
Mike981S (06-20-2024), TripleL (06-25-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 04:26 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 153 Posts

If you track it or have a lot of gravel roads to travel over and don't mind brake dust on your wheels, go with steel brakes, unless the extra cost of switching your PCCBs against aftermarket steel rotors (e.g., GiroDisks) is not bothering you.
If you mainly drive the car on backroads that are clean, autocross the car and like no brake dust and don't mind the cost, take the PCCBs.

In my previous Porsche's, I went with steel brakes. I still have a short gravel road to travel to my house, but for the GT4RS I decided to try the PCCB since my use case for the car is currently more the later case. And if I decide to start driving the car more frequently on the track, I may switch out the brakes (or get a cheaper, more dedicated track car).
Old 06-20-2024, 11:14 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,606 Likes on 2,692 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
I think the yellow calipers and blue wheels is initially interesting, but has too much going on. I would black-out the brakes. Vanadium and blue wheels looks good. You could do yellow brakes and yellow interior accents, but not with the blue wheels.

Vanadium can work with a red interior, but not with the blue wheels. A red interior may be interesting.

The dash looks awkward without the chronometer. White dials may be interesting. I added all the leather bits and deviated stitching. The TTS leather is a spoiler, and there is way too much Race Tex in SRS. I did steering wheel, gear shifter, visors, etc in leather.

Agree with LWB and PCCBs - this car is a lightweight dream and a contrast to the TTS.

Here is a yellow accent spec:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSFDQMC5

I have found the LWBS and PCCB's to be a perfect complement to the "Spyder" platform, they contribute positively to the weight reduction and further improve the feel in the steering and road manners, I also added (lighter than OEM) Apex VS-5RS wheels not only to continue with this trend but to give additional clearance between the PCCB calipers and the wheel barrel.

I have driven my Spyder back-to-back with a GT4 with steel brakes and OEM wheels, NIGHT and DAY!
Old 06-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Well the cars they have ordered locked and I didn't get my build code in on time, FML.

They have a couple coming in that are very close spec wise. One has the magnesium wheels, which I was trying to avoid, but other than that, the spec is very very close to what I had.

The other is black, little less options. I didn't really consider black, but this is growing on me as it gives the car a bit more of an aggressive appearance.

PRSUCTG1 - Vanadium w/ mag wheels, pretty high spec.

PR8ZWRM1 - Black w/ standard wheels and medium spec.

Advice and suggestions welcome!
Old 06-21-2024, 12:27 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,606 Likes on 2,692 Posts

Well the cars they have ordered locked and I didn't get my build code in on time, FML.

They have a couple coming in that are very close spec wise. One has the magnesium wheels, which I was trying to avoid, but other than that, the spec is very very close to what I had.

The other is black, little less options. I didn't really consider black, but this is growing on me as it gives the car a bit more of an aggressive appearance.

PRSUCTG1 - Vanadium w/ mag wheels, pretty high spec.

PR8ZWRM1 - Black w/ standard wheels and medium spec.

Seems that you have choices, I would have wanted to spec my own car, now it is a case of taking what is closest to what you would have ordered.

I don't know where you are, but I am surprised that 2 SRS's were ordered by a dealer without a buyer hard coded to them, nobody that interested where you are?
Old 06-21-2024, 01:43 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

This is what cost you spec’ing it yourself LOL, at this rate the two will be sold and you won’t get either. Maybe you really just want that 911.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:48 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Seems that you have choices, I would have wanted to spec my own car, now it is a case of taking what is closest to what you would have ordered.

I don't know where you are, but I am surprised that 2 SRS's were ordered by a dealer without a buyer hard coded to them, nobody that interested where you are?

They have 4 of them coming in that were offered, grey, black, white and ruby star.

Think I might go right the black, it’s a nice spec and I don’t really want $20k magnesium wheels…
Old 06-21-2024, 03:56 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,474 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Sounds like the used all their allocations as dealer spec cars.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:59 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Received 736 Likes on 308 Posts

If it is Pfaff Porsche in Vaughan, I was offered a SRS build early in the year. I passed, and SA called to ask if I was sure. I’d be surprised if they are having trouble getting takers. But 4 coming in without buyers is somewhat surprising.

Quick Reply: Offered a Spyder RS, what to do!