Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Potentially New Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 11:56 AM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Potentially New Pricing?

Hey everyone,

Just came across this 2024 CGTS on the Porsche Finder website. It's currently in transit to the dealer but what's interesting is the build sheet. The base price and all the options are more expensive than current US pricing on the configurator. It's also worth noting, that it also doesn't align with current CAD pricing, plus it's a US car going to a US dealer anyways. You can see on the build sheets that it clearly states USD as well.

I guess we'll see if pricing is set to change.

Cheers,
PB
Old 04-11-2024, 12:30 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 478 Posts

Only thing I can say is DAMN, when did the base GTS pricing reach near base 2023 GT4 price points?!

You could build the exact same spec, and try to use it as a bargaining chip if this car appeals to you, though you’d more than likely just pissing in the wind. Dealers aren’t going to budge, especially since your research is more of a one off, compared to the hundreds of others who wont do such comparisons, with a blank check ready to go.

Consider this a built in ADM, and run with it, especially if the car ends up being offered at MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
Zhao (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 12:40 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,452 Likes on 2,233 Posts

That's very odd. The base price is the CDN base price, so that does line up.

CDN configurator

Last edited by UncleDude; 04-11-2024 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:42 PM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Only thing I can say is DAMN, when did the base GTS pricing reach near base 2023 GT4 price points?!

You could build the exact same spec, and try to use it as a bargaining chip if this car appeals to you, though you’d more than likely just pissing in the wind. Dealers aren’t going to budge, especially since your research is more of a one off, compared to the hundreds of others who wont do such comparisons, with a blank check ready to go.

Consider this a built in ADM, and run with it, especially if the car ends up being offered at MSRP.
Hey BoxKing,

Yeah I know what you mean, I thought this was crazy when I saw it. Thankfully I have my GTS already built (not this car) and waiting for delivery. But if this price increase is actually happening, it's starting to become harder to justify these cars.

Cheers,
PB
Old 04-11-2024, 12:46 PM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
That's very odd. The base price is the CDN base price, so that does line up.
Hey UncleDude,

Yeah, I just hopped on the Canada configurator and it does look like option prices line up with Canadian pricing. But the build sheet says USD.

Based on this, I'm guessing it was just a mistake on the Porsche Finder website. Good catch!

Best,
PB
Old 04-11-2024, 12:55 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,357 Likes on 775 Posts

This is a weird one for sure. Based on the numbers these look like Canada pricing, but it's weird that it says USD at the top. I know for a fact that when i optioned Premium package it was under 2k USD and the 18 way seats are also not over 3k on the configurator nor is Bose over 1k. I dont think this is an indication or precursor to prices being this high though. My configurator still shows normal US pricing where the Cayman GTS starts at 95k. I cant really see Porsche jumping up the price 10k just for the final 2 years. But who knows maybe they have done crazy price hikes like that in the past?
Old 04-11-2024, 01:13 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,806 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing

Here is something even more crazy.

Canadian base 991.2 price was barely over 100k CAD 5 years ago for the last year it was sold. Base 992's started at 110k CAD. 991.2 GT3's last year was 163k MSRP starting price, and we sold them for msrp. 100k CAD is 73k USD.

So today someone is paying the same price in the states for a lightly optioned GTS cayman that some guy in Canada paid for a 991.2 GT3 stripper 5 years ago.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zhao:
BoxKing (04-11-2024), Larry Cable (06-18-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,357 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
Here is something even more crazy.

Canadian base 991.2 price was barely over 100k CAD 5 years ago for the last year it was sold. Base 992's started at 110k CAD. 991.2 GT3's last year was 163k MSRP starting price, and we sold them for msrp. 100k CAD is 73k USD.

So today someone is paying the same price in the states for a lightly optioned GTS cayman that some guy in Canada paid for a 991.2 GT3 stripper 5 years ago.
Yeah i think it's one of those situations where we just need to not look at pricing in different countries. I have some friends over in the UK who talked to me about buying a GT4 for 92k Euros. As of right now the exchange rate is almost 1-1. Which means that for the same car i'm paying 30k more than them not including my ADM.

It is what it is, i'm happy that i'm in a position to be able to afford one of these cars and not put myself in financial strain, and right now they are good enough cars that the price has felt worth the experience.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:05 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
This is a weird one for sure. Based on the numbers these look like Canada pricing, but it's weird that it says USD at the top. I know for a fact that when i optioned Premium package it was under 2k USD and the 18 way seats are also not over 3k on the configurator nor is Bose over 1k. I dont think this is an indication or precursor to prices being this high though. My configurator still shows normal US pricing where the Cayman GTS starts at 95k. I cant really see Porsche jumping up the price 10k just for the final 2 years. But who knows maybe they have done crazy price hikes like that in the past?
Well, there were significant increases from what I saw on the US config from 22’->23’->’24’ for both the 911’s & 718’s. I wouldn’t be shocked to see another ~5% applied to the configurator any day now, as this is the time of year where new pricing starts to roll out on these models.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:27 PM
Performante
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Just a mistake in the original BOS, unfortunately there's no way around the Federal luxury tax. Even if you're leasing, you have to pay the tax upfront and it can't be subsidized like you can do with the BC luxury tax
Old 06-18-2024, 05:01 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 949 Likes on 448 Posts

There was a Boxster S at my local dealer for $115k recently that sold. Reasonably equipped new Cayennes are 6 figures now, getting a little crazy.

Quick Reply: Potentially New Pricing?