Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Does the GT4 RS Rear Wing fit a GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 01:51 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard.
and there are plenty of options for the full RS side air intakes too
I think that takes it all a bit too far. I'm proud of my GT4 and honestly do NOT have RS envy or am I trying in any way to turn my car into an RS. I LOVE the RS, but also know with all that sound in the cabin it really isn't an ideal daily driver...

The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (02-08-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 02:54 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 590 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyNSX
I think that takes it all a bit too far. I'm proud of my GT4 and honestly do NOT have RS envy or am I trying in any way to turn my car into an RS. I LOVE the RS, but also know with all that sound in the cabin it really isn't an ideal daily driver...
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty impressed with the induction noise on the GT4. I've had other mid engine cars and this one has been the loudest. I've ridden in a 4RS and of course its louder and "clearer" but still happy with how my car sounds from the inside.

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 02-05-2024, 03:21 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm pretty impressed with the induction noise on the GT4. I've had other mid engine cars and this one has been the loudest. I've ridden in a 4RS and of course its louder and "clearer" but still happy with how my car sounds from the inside.
My thoughts exactly - I love the way my car sounds from the inside and don't really care to make it sound louder... I'm running Dundon headers/OAPs so the car is plenty loud enough :P
The following 2 users liked this post by BabyNSX:
CliffBoothWannabe (02-06-2024), Mike981S (02-08-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 09:01 AM
marsh
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 7 Posts

Another wing install - on a GT silver GT4:

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post19260242

Old 02-06-2024, 11:04 AM
CliffBoothWannabe
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

How is the fit/finish in person?

Last edited by CliffBoothWannabe; 02-06-2024 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2024, 11:06 AM
CliffBoothWannabe
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes to all this Hope to see you there tomorrow!
If you are still looking at doing the front 4RS aero: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1394963
Old 02-06-2024, 02:04 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts

this looks amazing too
The following users liked this post:
BabyNSX (02-07-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 02:57 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

carbon end plates match very well with the wheels
Old 02-07-2024, 02:36 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CliffBoothWannabe
How is the fit/finish in person?
Fit and finish is very very good! I'm very satisfied with how this went together and don't feel like Automotive Passion could have done much better with this package. I have no problem recommending this to anyone wanting to go down this path.

Old 02-07-2024, 04:53 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 924 Posts

Fit and finish is very very good! I'm very satisfied with how this went together and don't feel like Automotive Passion could have done much better with this package. I have no problem recommending this to anyone wanting to go down this path.

I would LOVE to do this on my car. The swan neck design just appeals to me.

Having said that, keeping that aero balance is also important. Did they give you any aero figures? It obviously produces more downforce than the stock wing, but by how much?

I wonder if having the aftermarket wing in its lower setting would about equal the stock wing in its highest setting. If so, then you could get the RS wing and have the aesthetics, but still have that aero balance without having to touch the front of the car.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:03 PM
850tgul
Rennlist Member

Received 569 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard.

and there are plenty of options for the full RS side air intakes too
Is this legit or just a show piece sitting stop the GT4 engine compartment? If legit, can you share more info?
Old 02-07-2024, 05:25 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRZ06
I would LOVE to do this on my car. The swan neck design just appeals to me.

Having said that, keeping that aero balance is also important. Did they give you any aero figures? It obviously produces more downforce than the stock wing, but by how much?

I wonder if having the aftermarket wing in its lower setting would about equal the stock wing in its highest setting. If so, then you could get the RS wing and have the aesthetics, but still have that aero balance without having to touch the front of the car.
They didn't publish any aero numbers, but it is a near perfect replica of the RS wing so I'm sure you can just use those... Yes, I think the aero balance of the car is likely "off" now and I'll have to make some changes to get things back in line. My first plan is to do the RS front underside aero bits while I consider what I do about the front splitter. My bias now is to go with the Verus Engineering front splitter and avoid having to have a part on my car that is embossed with the RS logo (even if that might be the most obvious thing to do).

Old 02-07-2024, 09:35 PM
bantam1
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 850tgul
Is this legit or just a show piece sitting stop the GT4 engine compartment? If legit, can you share more info?
That looks like the piece made by Gold leaf performance. The product appears to be in the prototype phase of development, the design is intended to be functional, but there are no published quantitative measures of performance.

There is also the BGB motorsports intake, which appears to be a bit of an eyesore and requires drilling through the firewall, but is definitely functional and available for purchase.

I have looked, but am not aware of any other companies advertising this kind of intake.
The following 2 users liked this post by bantam1:
850tgul (02-08-2024), BabyNSX (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 04:57 PM
850tgul
Rennlist Member

Received 569 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by bantam1
That looks like the piece made by Gold leaf performance. The product appears to be in the prototype phase of development, the design is intended to be functional, but there are no published quantitative measures of performance.

There is also the BGB motorsports intake, which appears to be a bit of an eyesore and requires drilling through the firewall, but is definitely functional and available for purchase.

I have looked, but am not aware of any other companies advertising this kind of intake.
Thank you. I looked them up and that project is insanely cool. I think the induction noise on a stock 718 GT4 is pretty great. The 4RS induction noise is other worldly but I imagine some of that bark has to do with the 6 ITBs snapping open, though the 981 in Gold Leaf's video clip does sound awesome (and I imagine the 718 would sound even better with more revs).

I have a fetish for induction noise and prefer it to exhaust noise on some cars (E46 M3, E9x M3, Hondas 4-bangers) and I would be a prime candidate for something like the Gold Leaf project, but I'm not too keen on removing my rear quarter windows.

I have thought about simpler ways to bring more induction noise into the cabin on the GT4. We have the sound symposer which passes through the firewall behind the seats but terminates behind the carpet. I plan to remove the carpet this spring and go for a drive to see if more induction noise comes through. If so, I may pick up a spare rear carpet and simply cut a hole where the symposer hose ends to let the induction noise in, but minimize the other engine compartment noise the carpet behind the seats keeps out.

While less efficient, the single airbox design and placement in the 987.2 Caymans made it very easy to bring tons of intake noise in. I was fairly easily able to rout a rigid hose from the top of the 987 airbox lid through the engine cover and engine carpet (I bought spares of each) with the hose opening into the cabin. The intake bark was amazing. Lots of whooshing and sucking of air sounds at low revs, but then razor sharp roar at high revs. I added some filters to the top of the hose but the thought of what carcinogens I might be releasing in the cabin was enough to make me remove it fairly quickly.

Last edited by 850tgul; 02-09-2024 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:25 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

from experience the best way to get more induction noise in the 981 cabin, is not to remove the carpet, but remove the foam backing in the area where the sound symposer enters and then drill a 1 inch hole, it creates a sound chamber

Last edited by Richard.; 02-09-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Does the GT4 RS Rear Wing fit a GT4?