Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Le Petit Garage - 718 GT4 Euro Delivery & Build Journal

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 12:38 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 570 Likes on 328 Posts

Heading into the final legs of the trip, we needed to head from St Moritz (homebase for the last couple of days) over to Gstaad where I was meeting a goodfriend who had since moved from NYC there.

This day was mostly full of driving a direct path, as we had the entire country to scale (west to east) but we still had some nice offshoots.

This was our view looking out from our flat in St Moritz we were saying goodbye to.

The glacial lakes in switzerland are something else... the closet thing I can think of that gets close is parts of British Columbia, if anyone has ever hiked Panorama Ridge / Black Tusk in Garobaldi, you get similar feelings there.

We stopped at another pass on our way out of St Moritz (we hit this pass going in) but not its the backside. I actually bought a cute magnet at a gift shop at this top so I could remember, this is Julierpass (i finally remember)...

This car definitely stands out from the scenery, it brought a lot of smiles to peoples faces here.

We continue on... a good moment we had was captured on video. There was a train we were driving next to for probably 20 minutes. We made friends with the passengers and were waving back and forth, that moment was a highlight. A good memory that despite any other differences these cars can bring people together.

To be honest, I have no idea where this was taken in the day but I thought it was cool scenery.

Another petrol fill up. I'm afraid to look but I probably spent $2,000 on gas alone. Looking back though, I would have spent $4,000 if it meant more driving!

We love seeing very american things in very different cultures. We had to stop and have BK Lounge. I'm not sure why but this picture cracks me up so much. The people inside thought I was a total idiot but who cares.

These little orange snack cakes were a highlight of the trip. Anyone who goes over there and likes orange related food you should try (and ship me back a box)...

Finally getting closer to Gstaad. Once you got off the motorway, the scenery drastically changed and went back to what you think of for Switzerland.

On our way up to our friends cottage. The road quickly turned to gravel, for people who don't drive their cars... you really should. You'd be surprised at our off road capabilities! Right before this picture was taken we met up with my friend and immediately got him into the drivers seat. These cars are meant to be shared and enjoyed. He even drove it up his gravel driveway.

Tucked away for the night!

The next journal will be the final formal one as we travel back to Stuttgart for drop off!

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
The following 3 users liked this post by Le Petit Garage:
fasteddie99 (03-14-2024), Mike981S (03-13-2024), ScottRich (03-14-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 08:12 PM
Jonathan_987
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I look forward to every new post and sincerely hope that you will also share the rest of the GT4's life cycle

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
This car definitely stands out from the scenery, it brought a lot of smiles to peoples faces here.

Have you noticed that these idyllic mountains were part of a very serious Swiss military defense strategy during WWII and the Cold War? In the picture above I spot at least three camouflaged combat positions.

To be honest, I have no idea where this was taken in the day but I thought it was cool scenery.

The picture was taken from the highway in Flums. St. George's Chapel is on the hill.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6emFdxdzmuXGMLkE8

Last edited by Jonathan_987; 03-13-2024 at 08:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jonathan_987:
Mike981S (03-13-2024), ScottRich (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 01:32 AM
Mike981S
Racer

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

The glacial lakes in switzerland are something else... the closet thing I can think of that gets close is parts of British Columbia, if anyone has ever hiked Panorama Ridge / Black Tusk in Garobaldi, you get similar feelings there.
Growing up in Switzerland and having visited the Canadian Rockies between Jasper and Banff, I agree. Though Canada is much bigger and emptier than Switzerland.

These little orange snack cakes were a highlight of the trip. Anyone who goes over there and likes orange related food you should try (and ship me back a box)...
Fun fact, you can get the French version in the US as well. For example: LU Pims Biscuits European Orange - 5.29 Oz - Safeway.

Awesome trip and cool adventures and encounters! Thanks for sharing and now that my car finally finished production, I am looking forward to driving my car through the alps as well .
The following users liked this post:
Le Petit Garage (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 03:00 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Growing up in Switzerland and having visited the Canadian Rockies between Jasper and Banff, I agree. Though Canada is much bigger and emptier than Switzerland.

Fun fact, you can get the French version in the US as well. For example: LU Pims Biscuits European Orange - 5.29 Oz - Safeway.

Awesome trip and cool adventures and encounters! Thanks for sharing and now that my car finally finished production, I am looking forward to driving my car through the alps as well .
Very familiar with Pims, they used to sell them at my local Bodega but I havent seen them in awhile :/ We are big fans of lu petit ecolier though!

Mike981S (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Alright everyone... Final Formal Euro Delivery Blog Post here!

Its a short one as it really covers the final day / drop off heading from Gstaad to Stuttgart. I will continue updating this of my journeys as it hit North America!

I couldn't not take a picture of this town... "FRICK"

We left Gstaad early in the morning and found yet another Swiss Gas Station Car Wash... Seemed like a good idea to do a final rinse down before it goes to port. I wish NYC had these...

Not apparent at first but the parking lot of the carwash was in the same colorway as the GT4.

Right before this trip, I bought a Karcher Mini Cube pressure washer and love that thing to death. Thought it was great to see a Karcher work truck on my final day over there.

We went for Vmax on the final stretch of unrestricted Autobahn. Life comes at you fast at that speed. Its a very funny feeling shifting flat out into 6th Gear on a public road.

Serendipitously, the same person who was on delivery day was dropping off at the same time so our cars got to park next to eachother one final time. He was going back to Alberta, so its unlikely the cars would be reuinted, however I'd love the roadtrip opportunity.

Its pretty incredible what you can fit in these cars... This was our luggage that we acquired throughout the trip. The car did N-Ring laps packed to the brim and also sat in hotel parking lots. People really need to drive these

This Touring showed up right after we did, it was a father son combo. Would love to do something like that some day!

All of the cars together!

A bid farewell (temporary). I think in total we did 3400 miles during the ~10 or so days we had the car, loving every second of it.

Next up, one of our friends from Porsche Design picked us up and toured us around Stuttgart. Not pictured but our friend picked us up in Panamera 4RS Hybrid Wagon and immediately went flat out on the Autobahn, teasing us about our feat earlier, saying he does that on his way home with his grandma. We then stopped at Motorworld Stuttgart, somehow this was the only pic I captured (which were just cars parked outside). But for those who don't know its a great little public museum / car storage facility where you'll see some really rare cars up close.

After a quick Kebab, we headed to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart.

As you would expect, some really iconic cars on display.

I'm a big sucker for 968's especially ones with colormatched wheels. Love this.

Great to see legacy sponsors back at it.

Like this guy, I stood here for awhile just admiring this shot. I really think Porsche in 2016 nailed it out of the park with styling. The 991/981 is probably my favorite design era for Porsche. All of them are great but they really knocked it out of the park then.

What really surprised me was how nice Stuttgart is as a city. We sat and had a coffee in the square for awhile and it was very alive. I would come back to the city even without any Porsche connections.

That concludes the detailed dives into my Euro Delivery journal. I will keep updating this thread with more recent updates / activity (I have almost 2 years to catch up on)

Thank you everyone
The following 5 users liked this post by Le Petit Garage:
Acropora8 (03-27-2024), Mike981S (03-27-2024), MrFunk (05-25-2024), RxVol (03-28-2024), ScottRich (03-28-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 08:50 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for following along. I am getting back into the habit of posting, just catching up on things for now!

Here is a quick intro video we did for Instagram showcasing LPG. /edit, if anyone has any luck embedding instagram videos, please let me know

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Le Petit Garage; 05-22-2024 at 08:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Le Petit Garage:
Mike981S (06-24-2024), ScottRich (05-23-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 08:26 AM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Some updates this week, apologies I’m slow on updating!
Mike981S (06-24-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 11:27 AM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

On March 30, 2024 a group of friends set out for an intimate drive through the best backroads close enough to NYC.

Joining us in the group were: 2x GT4s, 997 Turbo, 993, V8 Vantage, Cayman S, M4 and others.

Our mission was simple, drive awesome roads, have great food and share a day together with friends.

This is 1/3 of the photo dump behind it. Will you be joining us on the next one?

All photos 📸 credited to @ayrtoncinco

The following 2 users liked this post by Le Petit Garage:
Mike981S (06-25-2024), ScottRich (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 02:27 PM
ScottRich
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks like my baby may be getting on a boat today, maybe I can make an August outing!
The following 2 users liked this post by ScottRich:
Le Petit Garage (06-25-2024), Mike981S (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 02:37 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That would be incredible! With a nice exhaust in tow!
Old 06-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Still not sure the best way to post instagram videos but we have a nice on of Le drive -
View this post on Instagram
ScottRich (06-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Le Petit Garage - 718 GT4 Euro Delivery & Build Journal