Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Le Petit Garage - 718 GT4 Euro Delivery & Build Journal

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 595 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Awesome thread with great pictures!

Having done 2 Euro Deliveries out of Leipzig and now waiting for my 3rd (out of Stuttgart unfortunately, since there were no available slots in Leipzig), reading your story brings back lots of memories and makes me look forward even more to mine.
Make sure to post up your journey! ED is an unforgettable experience and I hope to do it again someday

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (01-23-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 01:41 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nurburgring Part 1 post is live

I am aiming to have these up around Wednesday Lunch Time

Last edited by Le Petit Garage; 02-21-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:32 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 87 Posts

I posted this question on the Euro Delivery Experience forum, but the traffic over there may not provide the answer I need in time. My production completion is estimated for 5/6. Curently, June Euro delivery is completly booked, and few dates that came yesterday disappeared this morning. Wow these dates go fast. So I am now looking at eiher July or August delivery in Leipzig (or Stuttgart). For a prolonged delays, where does the factory / delivery centers keep the vehicles? Is it kept out in an open parking lot for couple of months, or do they have a warehouse setup where it can sit away from the elements? Also is it the same for both Leipzig & Stuttgart when it comes to vehicle storage capacities and accomodations or delayed deliveries?

This is a big dilemma for me as I really don't want my car to sit outside 2-3 months after the prouction just waiting for the EU delivery slot. If someone can shine some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited by Fractal-Spyder; 01-25-2024 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:00 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 427 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Fractal-Spyder
I posted this question on the Euro Delivery Experience forum, but the traffic over there may not provide the answer I need in time. My production completion is estimated for 5/6. Curently, June Euro delivery is completly booked, and few dates that came yesterday disappeared this morning. Wow these dates go fast. So I am now looking at eiher July or August delivery in Leipzig (or Stuttgart). For a prolonged delays, where does the factory / delivery centers keep the vehicles? Is it kept out in an open parking lot for couple of months, or do they have a warehouse setup where it can sit away from the elements? Also is it the same for both Leipzig & Stuttgart when it comes to vehicle storage capacities and accomodations or delayed deliveries?

This is a big dilemma for me as I really don't want my car to sit outside 2-3 months after the prouction just waiting for the EU delivery slot. If someone can shine some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
I don't know where they store the car, but I am pretty sure that they will detail it before the delivery to you. And if you are concerned about the car sitting outside: You know that when the car gets shipped to the port, that it may sit there for weeks before it gets on a car carrier, then sit on a boat that travels over salty seas for several days before it gets unloaded at the destination port, where it may again sit for a week or two before it is loaded onto an auto carrier truck that then drives potentially several hundred miles to your dealer?

What I know is that Porsche normally doesn't want to wait too long after completion of the build for Euro Delivery. How long the max time is, I don't know. My build is going to be completed next week (though I currently see it slip week by week) and Euro Delivery is in late April. So 2 months (which includes transporting the car from Osnabrueck to Stuttgart/Leipzig) is possible.

Good luck with your Euro Delivery, I hope you get a slot! It is very competitive and it looks like Porsche currently seems to limit the Leipzig availability. Not sure why....
Fractal-Spyder (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:01 PM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 87 Posts

SA sent me 5 dates last night for June. I responded this morning at 10:00AM. Got a reply saying those that are now gone. This is crazy...
Old 01-25-2024, 06:54 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you.
I am not sure how they store the completed cars but mine was completed in February and I picked it up in May. I believe they sit outside where all the other cars wait to be transported to the port. It didn't bother me and the car was delivered without anything awry.

I don't know where they store the car, but I am pretty sure that they will detail it before the delivery to you. And if you are concerned about the car sitting outside: You know that when the car gets shipped to the port, that it may sit there for weeks before it gets on a car carrier, then sit on a boat that travels over salty seas for several days before it gets unloaded at the destination port, where it may again sit for a week or two before it is loaded onto an auto carrier truck that then drives potentially several hundred miles to your dealer?

What I know is that Porsche normally doesn't want to wait too long after completion of the build for Euro Delivery. How long the max time is, I don't know. My build is going to be completed next week (though I currently see it slip week by week) and Euro Delivery is in late April. So 2 months (which includes transporting the car from Osnabrueck to Stuttgart/Leipzig) is possible.

Good luck with your Euro Delivery, I hope you get a slot! It is very competitive and it looks like Porsche currently seems to limit the Leipzig availability. Not sure why....
I believe they told me Max Time between completion and Delivery was 3 Months, however this was back in 2022 when I was scheduling. It might have changed.

SA sent me 5 dates last night for June. I responded this morning at 10:00AM. Got a reply saying those that are now gone. This is crazy...
That is rough, have you contacted PCNA directly? I remember even speaking on the phone with Joey at PCNA. He was awesome to work with.
Mike981S (01-25-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 11:55 AM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nurburgring Part 2 post is live

Last edited by Le Petit Garage; 02-21-2024 at 10:42 AM.
ScottRich (02-02-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,299 Likes on 729 Posts

Man i loved reading about your ED experience. And man Python Green. it reminds me so much of my GT4 and so much of your emotion and experience matched mine when i did PEC delivery in LA. I knew i wanted Python Green but i was absolutely blown away when they pulled back the cover. I was literally speechless. As my friend called it, i was wheezing in disbelief when i saw my car haha. I love posts like these but i think because you also got a Python Green GT4 it just really makes me wish mine didnt have all the problems it did. I'd still be driving and loving it. For me Porsche literally made the PERFECT car. Not just sports car. But for me it was the perfect car. The way it sounds, the way it looks, how it handles, how it accelerates. Everything about it spoke to me in a way i never thought possible for a car. With my potential upcoming GTS, i'm hoping that it can catch at least 80% of how the GT4 was. But man, i loved that car. Hopefully you get to keep yours for many many miles.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:53 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Switzerland Adventures Part 1 post is live.

Last edited by Le Petit Garage; 02-21-2024 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:59 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Switzerland Part 2 (Zurich to St Moritz) is live!

Last edited by Le Petit Garage; 02-21-2024 at 10:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Le Petit Garage:
GeoJoe (02-15-2024), Mike981S (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 01:26 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
New Post highlighting our Journey from Zurich to St Moritz is up here
Ha... I know exactly where you were. That place in St.Moritz is very familiar too. Awesome pictures and I am glad you enjoyed it!

By the way, that Renault you were stuck behind is a Renault Twizy, a fun electric 2 seater city "car" (quadracycle) that you often see in cities in Europe (and I think in Japan and South Korea).

Old 02-15-2024, 05:02 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ha... I know exactly where you were. That place in St.Moritz is very familiar too. Awesome pictures and I am glad you enjoyed it!

By the way, that Renault you were stuck behind is a Renault Twizy, a fun electric 2 seater city "car" (quadracycle) that you often see in cities in Europe (and I think in Japan and South Korea).

Thats amazing that you recognize the spots! Truly incredible. I love the quirky cars that EU / JP get. Would love to see that Twizy driving through Manhatten one day.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:01 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 840 Likes on 448 Posts

Lovely journal and stories! Thank you for sharing!!!
Le Petit Garage (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 07:22 PM
greengobln
Instructor

Received 219 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for sharing looks amazing
Le Petit Garage (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 11:58 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
Thats amazing that you recognize the spots! Truly incredible. I love the quirky cars that EU / JP get. Would love to see that Twizy driving through Manhatten one day.
I grew up in Zurich and often went for summer hiking vacations to St. Moritz as a child.

According to Wikipedia, there were some Twizys in San Francisco for a ride share test. I wonder if they are still registered in the US and can be bought on the used market.

Quick Reply: Le Petit Garage - 718 GT4 Euro Delivery & Build Journal