Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 04:32 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Don't drop the GTS package....makes all the difference!
That's my feeling too. I need to see it in real life this month, the dealer will call me when they have one.
Old 01-09-2024, 04:33 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boss2k
1.The standard one that comes with Race tex interior in black , 0 cost option. Not the leather.
2. Its the same seat as 2 way except power adjustments and lumbar support i think
Thigh support also?
Old 01-09-2024, 05:57 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 839 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stCayman
Still have the 1M? What color?
Yep! #126

The following users liked this post:
1stCayman (01-10-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 02:16 PM
Rich M
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks great. I'm still debating GR and GTS interior, I don't think it will clash. I will likely keep the seatbelts in black so there is not too much red all around.
Thanks. There was recently a BGTS with that combination in the waiting room thread, and I've seen others post. They all seem very satisfied.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:41 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rich M
Thanks. There was recently a BGTS with that combination in the waiting room thread, and I've seen others post. They all seem very satisfied.
I saw it, I like it. I wish I could see it in real life, but I have a good feeling about it. I might skip the red seat belts if I go with that, so there isn't too much red all around
Old 01-13-2024, 12:32 AM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Another vote for Carmine red with the matching GTS pack. Guards red is a beautiful Porsche color, but more so for 964, 993, and 981 models in my opinion. I feel like Carmine red will go down as the quintessential GTS color. It’s really stunning in person. The fact that it matches the interior and was also a launch color for the GTS4.0 are nice bonuses!

Last edited by SwanSong; 01-13-2024 at 12:58 AM.
CUGTS (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 05:00 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SwanSong
Another vote for Carmine red with the matching GTS pack. Guards red is a beautiful Porsche color, but more so for 964, 993, and 981 models in my opinion. I feel like Carmine red will go down as the quintessential GTS color. It’s really stunning in person. The fact that it matches the interior and was also a launch color for the GTS4.0 are nice bonuses!

Good point also. How are you liking the GTS package? Any issues?
Old 01-13-2024, 05:06 PM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Gotta go black brakes if the car is red.
Old 01-13-2024, 07:39 PM
SwanSong
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Good point also. How are you liking the GTS package? Any issues?
No issues at all! Two years in my race-tex still looks brand new, and I just wipe it down with a wet towel once a month when I hand wash. I do make sure my hands are always clean and free of lotion though. I really think the GTS pack makes the interior pop, and gives it a much stronger GTS vibe 😎.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:24 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

I feel like we're talking about my build, so I'll chime in. ;-) I'm on team Guards Red, and I'm sure all the reds will be fine together. Surprisingly, it was my wife who convinced me that the GTS interior package was the way to go, when I was configuring something more conservative. I've debadged it everywhere else, but there will be no mistaking it when you get up close. My order locks in this week, and build starts in four weeks!

fasteddie99 (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 04:58 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ScottRich
I feel like we're talking about my build, so I'll chime in. ;-) I'm on team Guards Red, and I'm sure all the reds will be fine together. Surprisingly, it was my wife who convinced me that the GTS interior package was the way to go, when I was configuring something more conservative. I've debadged it everywhere else, but there will be no mistaking it when you get up close. My order locks in this week, and build starts in four weeks!

Looks great, congrats!
Old 01-17-2024, 03:01 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 369 Posts

As a gt4 owner, its kind of cool with the gts 4.0 you can get carmine when u could not get that on the gt4 like GR and SB.

1) I have SB, my vote is carmine or SB.

2) also for the love of god do not get black wheels lol. Black wheels is yesterday’s style imo, silver is great

3) ditch the 18 ways as you adjust ur seat once and never again, I’ve sat in both and felt no difference. You’ll save 2k and like 50 pounds to ur build

4) ditch the carbon trim unless u change to the gts interior pack obviously. That cost $1,800 and provides no value imo. Unless u reallllllly like carbon trim. Had carbon in my last car (rs) and have the dark aluminum now. Couldn’t care less either way. I’m sure the standard trim is fine, I just think trim is a 0 value add option lol. Definitely cost Porsche $0 difference on those trim choices

love the Porsche crests, the led headlights are great and Bose is great upgrade, also I love alcantara, I say stay with that, very GT like
Old 01-17-2024, 03:33 PM
Rich M
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 41 Posts

That ended up being my guiding thing. I considered all sorts of options, but in the end I kept or added the things that were unique to the GTS: wheels, emblems, interior, color somewhat (available on other 718s but not the GT4 and Spyder). Certainly understand and appreciate other combinations, I just liked the idea of celebrating the model - especially if I keep it for a while. Also I really liked the homage to this 904 GTS red with silver wheels (I wouldn't be bold enough to do a blue interior with that):

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collec...e-carrera-gts/

For the record, they said it was Glasurit “Ruby Red,” paint code 6402.
welikethetrack (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 03:37 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Is dual-zone climate control just included standard? Noticed it's not even available as an option - but the pictures have the base climate controls?

Definitely a source of debate here but to me, the standard climate controls are pretty terrible... I'd skip the 18-ways for the 2-ways (for reasons already given above) and put that $$ towards the climate controls if you can.

I'd normally also really want E&D but after not having it in my Spyder for over 2 years, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:04 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
As a gt4 owner, its kind of cool with the gts 4.0 you can get carmine when u could not get that on the gt4 like GR and SB.

1) I have SB, my vote is carmine or SB.

2) also for the love of god do not get black wheels lol. Black wheels is yesterday’s style imo, silver is great

3) ditch the 18 ways as you adjust ur seat once and never again, I’ve sat in both and felt no difference. You’ll save 2k and like 50 pounds to ur build

4) ditch the carbon trim unless u change to the gts interior pack obviously. That cost $1,800 and provides no value imo. Unless u reallllllly like carbon trim. Had carbon in my last car (rs) and have the dark aluminum now. Couldn’t care less either way. I’m sure the standard trim is fine, I just think trim is a 0 value add option lol. Definitely cost Porsche $0 difference on those trim choices

love the Porsche crests, the led headlights are great and Bose is great upgrade, also I love alcantara, I say stay with that, very GT like
1. Still torn between GR and CR

2. Silver for me also

3. Tough one. Need to go try the 2-way. So far I only sat in the 18-way.

4. Will go with GTS pack to stay true to the car.
welikethetrack (01-17-2024)

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build