Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 08:36 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Later Edit:

After decades of being a BMW owner, I still am, I decided to get my first Porsche. Debated this for a long time, but the opportunity of getting a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 allocation came up and couldn't say no. Manual, of course. I've had some fantastic dimmers, like the 1M, so I'm excited to for the Cayman. I spent tons of time on forums already and I have a decent idea about the options and features I want. But here is my build anyway. I went with Guards Red since I feel it's an iconic color, and of course, a $0 option. The second choice was either Shark Blue or Carmine Red.

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PRJYPZR9

Here is the second configuration I like: Carmine Red over Black Leather interior (no deviated stitching) and LEDs https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRTL23T0

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for me. I'm in the Midwest, btw.

Last edited by 1stCayman; 01-05-2024 at 01:43 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by 1stCayman:
GTSPYDER23 (01-05-2024), ScottRich (01-05-2024), SpeedySpidey (01-04-2024), Zakato70 (01-07-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 09:48 PM
mixolydian23
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks awesome. I’d at least consider the Premium Package since you’re adding the power folding mirrors as well as LED lights.

I really like the $0 red choice plus GTS interior. I went with Shark Blue and skipped the GTS interior because neither deviated color really worked to my eye and it saved a considerable amount.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:57 PM
Manual991
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 68 Posts

Agree with above to look at the prem package. You’d get entry and drive with prem package. I poo pop’s entry and drive on my first CGTS but ordered on my second one since it is nice/convenient
also I’d suggest the carbon shift **** with GTS interior. Unless you plan an aftermarket **** already, I think the carbon **** goes better with GTS interior

congrats on your allocation. There’s a waiting room thread to jump on to and ride out the wait.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mixolydian23
Looks awesome. I’d at least consider the Premium Package since you’re adding the power folding mirrors as well as LED lights.

I really like the $0 red choice plus GTS interior. I went with Shark Blue and skipped the GTS interior because neither deviated color really worked to my eye and it saved a considerable amount.
So I guess if get the Premium package, it's only about a $1100 difference between getting the folding mirrors and heated steering. In that case, it does sound like it might be worth it.

So you think no major red clash between GR outside and Carmine Red inside?

Last edited by 1stCayman; 01-05-2024 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:34 AM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Manual991
Agree with above to look at the prem package. You’d get entry and drive with prem package. I poo pop’s entry and drive on my first CGTS but ordered on my second one since it is nice/convenient
also I’d suggest the carbon shift **** with GTS interior. Unless you plan an aftermarket **** already, I think the carbon **** goes better with GTS interior

congrats on your allocation. There’s a waiting room thread to jump on to and ride out the wait.
Interesting, I'll take a look at the Premium Pack and also the ****. I'm not usually going for convenience features like entry and drive, but I guess it's a nice thing to have. And as I said above, I think the price difference is small if I remove the individual options like Power Folding Mirrors and Heated Steering
Old 01-05-2024, 12:34 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stCayman
So I guess if get the Premium package, it's only about a $900 difference between getting the folding mirrors and heated steering. In that case, it does sound like it might be worth it.

So you think no major red clash between GR outside and Carmine Red inside?
I think they clash, they’re not the same hue. I’d add the PDLS lights. Congrats!
Old 01-05-2024, 01:44 AM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I think they clash, they’re not the same hue. I’d add the PDLS lights. Congrats!
I need to go see the GTS interior in real life then. They didn't have one in the showroom. There is also the option of going Carmine Red with a black leather interior and carbon fiber. I thought about that quite a bit.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:05 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

The GTS 4.0 is such a great car in the line up! You should enjoy it thoroughly!
Old 01-05-2024, 06:35 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,067 Likes on 2,104 Posts

Congrats! I like your build. Guards red is great. Glad you did full leather on the interior. Makes it feel more premium.

If I was building it for myself, I’d consider buckets, but that’s a personal choice as not everyone will like them. The standard seats are a safer choice.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:38 AM
ScottRich
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice build! Pretty similar to my BGTS order: https://my.porsche.com/core/us/en_US...tions/PRD8HSE6. I leaned into the blacked out look and removed all the badges. I also added PDLS and Entry&Drive. At this price, I thought I would get annoyed every time I had to reach for the keys to unlock.
Old 01-05-2024, 08:16 AM
Dana R
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the premium package would be worth the extra, as entry and drive is a real convenience. If you're in a hot climate you might want ventilated seats, but you have to lose the race-tex. It was a tough decision for me.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:17 AM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 117 Posts

A well thought out yet relatively spartan build, I like it and is fine as is. I might suggest the Light Design Pkg $350 which illuminates key points at night, particularly helpful with a black interior. I have it in mine and love it but not necessary by any means (should you decide to get the Premium Package it would also be included). Enjoy that car, you're gonna love it!!!

Last edited by sonicworld; 01-05-2024 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:59 AM
fasteddie99
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats!
We are in the same boat. My allocation came up the day after Christmas. I've been living on the configurator since May.
Get the free brushed aluminum shift ****. If you're a 3 pedal guy, you will upgrade it with a weightier aftermarket one...
Old 01-05-2024, 11:15 AM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 352 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome, @1stCayman . It's been so long since there have been allocations--fun to help a first-timer with some thoughts. I'm on my 6th 982-platform cars (love them) and have a comment on entry-and-drive: I am 'old school' and actually like putting the key into the ignition (plus it's a great way to get keys out of your pocket). Be aware that it IS possible to remove the 'dummy key' that comes with entry-and-drive (which I have done). Overall, entry-and-drive is GREAT for the convenience of grabbing the door handles OR opening trunk/frunk...I'm glad I have it--and happy with it because I can still use the ignition too.
Big congratulations on you getting to specify a car.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:31 AM
_RS4_
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going crazy because it looked like I had written this post, but I didn't remember doing it
I also bought (well, still V070) my first Porsche, and it's a Cayman GTS 4.0. And it's a manual. And I've also been a Bmw owner for decades, including the 1M. But I'm pretty sure we are two different people

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build