Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 05:08 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Is dual-zone climate control just included standard? Noticed it's not even available as an option - but the pictures have the base climate controls?

Definitely a source of debate here but to me, the standard climate controls are pretty terrible... I'd skip the 18-ways for the 2-ways (for reasons already given above) and put that $$ towards the climate controls if you can.

I'd normally also really want E&D but after not having it in my Spyder for over 2 years, I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
Good quest on the climate, I need to look again.

Will go try the 2 way. I guess the 18way was on my list for comfort and also, if I sell the car in 10 years from now, I wonder if someone will appreciate the simplicity of the manual seats or the arguably extra comfort of the 18-way
Old 01-17-2024, 05:09 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rich M
That ended up being my guiding thing. I considered all sorts of options, but in the end I kept or added the things that were unique to the GTS: wheels, emblems, interior, color somewhat (available on other 718s but not the GT4 and Spyder). Certainly understand and appreciate other combinations, I just liked the idea of celebrating the model - especially if I keep it for a while. Also I really liked the homage to this 904 GTS red with silver wheels (I wouldn't be bold enough to do a blue interior with that):

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collec...e-carrera-gts/

For the record, they said it was Glasurit “Ruby Red,” paint code 6402.
I think the interior choice is finally settled: GTS. It's a good pack, despite being quite expensive.
The following users liked this post:
Rich M (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 09:33 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 584 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
As a gt4 owner, its kind of cool with the gts 4.0 you can get carmine when u could not get that on the gt4 like GR and SB.

1) I have SB, my vote is carmine or SB.

2) also for the love of god do not get black wheels lol. Black wheels is yesterday’s style imo, silver is great

3) ditch the 18 ways as you adjust ur seat once and never again, I’ve sat in both and felt no difference. You’ll save 2k and like 50 pounds to ur build

4) ditch the carbon trim unless u change to the gts interior pack obviously. That cost $1,800 and provides no value imo. Unless u reallllllly like carbon trim. Had carbon in my last car (rs) and have the dark aluminum now. Couldn’t care less either way. I’m sure the standard trim is fine, I just think trim is a 0 value add option lol. Definitely cost Porsche $0 difference on those trim choices

love the Porsche crests, the led headlights are great and Bose is great upgrade, also I love alcantara, I say stay with that, very GT like
Carmine, Carmine, Carmine... If it was offered on the GT4 this go around (it was 981), I would have strongly considered it. If python didn't exist, I would have.

Contact me for the best pricing on Quality Parts
- alex@lepetitgarage.us

LePetitGarage.us // @_lepetitgarage on Instagram
Old 01-22-2024, 03:59 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
Carmine, Carmine, Carmine... If it was offered on the GT4 this go around (it was 981), I would have strongly considered it. If python didn't exist, I would have.
Why no Guards Red?
Old 01-22-2024, 05:45 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

@1stCayman
Love the builds and both reds. Would be tough call for me.
1. I think I'd opt for Guards Red as the classic Porsche red -- plus it's less common on 718s.
2. Silver wheels all the way.
3. Full black leather with some leftover cash vs. the GTS interior, although the GTS interior is a very nice look. I agree that the leather dash and door panels make a big difference in look and feel.
4. The leather steering column makes a noticeable difference if you are doing full leather interior.
5. Adaptive sport seats. The lumbar adjustments and memory settings are great. I hate having manual seats every time a service advisor or mechanic gets in the car and changes the settings.

I'm currently building a BGTS 4.0
- Leaning towards a classic combo of GT Silver with Bordeaux full leather, though I've never owned a car with red-ish interior (plenty of time still to change my mind...which makes this process so long and dragged out )
- Black top (that red top just doesn't work for me)
- Standard 718 sport wheels in silver (though I've seen some in Satin Platinum that look pretty good with GT silver)
- Thinking I'll need to go with black calipers if I stick with Bordeaux interior, since red calipers seem like a clash with Bordeaux
- Deletion of model designation on doors and rear, with rear Porsche logo in satin black (I love the stealth look, no need to advertise what I'm driving)

Is anyone ordering Power Steering Plus these days? The dealers spec it on all of their cars. Having had it on a 981S, it's fine but I don't see a need or have a desire for it.

Last edited by WGJP 993; 01-22-2024 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 07:02 PM
Le Petit Garage
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 584 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stCayman
Why no Guards Red?
Guards is also fantastic, I just really have a soft spot for Carmine on 981/718 Cars.

When I was speccing my car, my priority on colors were:

- Python
- Guards
- Racing Yellow

If python weren't avail it would have been Guards
Old 01-27-2024, 07:59 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,269 Likes on 710 Posts

Congrats on the allocation. I myself am on the waitlist for an allocation. I prefer to be as timing wise it works out if i get the car later in the year. Its a risk as i know theres a chance i wont even get the car but i cant afford to have it right now.

That being said i love your build. Its super bold. Good choice on the manual. I myself am a big BMW fan but this will be my second Porsche. I'll be trading in my G82CX for it.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:08 AM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Le Petit Garage
Guards is also fantastic, I just really have a soft spot for Carmine on 981/718 Cars.

When I was speccing my car, my priority on colors were:

- Python
- Guards
- Racing Yellow

If python weren't avail it would have been Guards
No Shark Blue?
Old 01-28-2024, 01:09 AM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Congrats on the allocation. I myself am on the waitlist for an allocation. I prefer to be as timing wise it works out if i get the car later in the year. Its a risk as i know theres a chance i wont even get the car but i cant afford to have it right now.

That being said i love your build. It's super bold. Good choice on the manual. I myself am a big BMW fan but this will be my second Porsche. I'll be trading in my G82CX for it.
Thank you! I feel like it's a safe build overall: Guards Red with GTS interior, and the usual options. Maybe Silver Wheels are not the most popular thing on that list.

Hopefully your allocation comes through.
The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (01-28-2024)

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build