Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 06:21 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Yes, your second link does have full leather in it. The easiest way to tell is the stitching line that runs above the trim on the dash. The $2k option that you selected on the interior is essentially giving you the full leather which is leather on the dash and the doors. I don't think it's always necessary, but if someone has the budget I recommend it because it does feel more premium inside.
Thanks, makes sense. I need the full leather or GTS interior, I did see a car with the standard trim and didn't feel premium enough.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:46 PM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Given your location are you going to be impacted by the EU 1 July 2024 Stop Sale for all 718s?
Not trying to derail this thread but can you provide a link to this? I've not heard or seen this news yet.

Cheers,
PB
Old 01-05-2024, 10:51 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,646 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by PawpaBare
Not trying to derail this thread but can you provide a link to this? I've not heard or seen this news yet.

Cheers,
PB
Google EU car cybersecurity. ICE Macan and 718 sunset in the EU and some Asian countries on 1 July
Old 01-05-2024, 10:59 PM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 43 Posts

Google EU car cybersecurity. ICE Macan and 718 sunset in the EU and some Asian countries on 1 July

Thanks, the only info I had seen regarding this was for the Macan. Didn't come across any mention of the 718 in the articles I saw.

Best,
PB
Old 01-06-2024, 04:39 AM
_RS4_
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a bit complicated and not clear yet for my country, I live in Europe but not in the EU and this ban only affects the EU, in the UK the Macan will stay, we will see here.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...macan-off-sale
The 718 has never been mentioned in this thread, but it is supposed to be discontinued in Europe soon as well.
But let's not hijack this nice thread with this sad news
Old 01-06-2024, 05:43 PM
neteng101
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by _RS4_
My GTS has not yet been built (I am waiting for the allocation), but I found the interior of the 718 to be of higher quality than that of my Bmw in term of materials. This will be my first car with alcantara interior, I am excited and worried at the same time, but the car will receive a full protective interior detailing.
GTS interior with leather wheel/shift **** is the recommended route for a good wearing interior while keeping the GTS appearance. Also carefully consider the options missing from the GTS interior package if you want to complete the look... extended dash in leather/race-tex and sun visors in race-tex do add a visible difference, steering wheel casing in leather is nice and extended door trim in leather/race-tex to finish the look but the extended door trim is the least visible portion.
Old 01-06-2024, 05:54 PM
Hwy
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

Great car, great selections. Enjoy for many years to come.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:06 PM
_RS4_
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neteng101
GTS interior with leather wheel/shift **** is the recommended route for a good wearing interior while keeping the GTS appearance. Also carefully consider the options missing from the GTS interior package if you want to complete the look... extended dash in leather/race-tex and sun visors in race-tex do add a visible difference, steering wheel casing in leather is nice and extended door trim in leather/race-tex to finish the look but the extended door trim is the least visible portion.
I agree, I added everything you mentioned (plus the illuminated carbon-fibre sill guards) except for the interior leather sill guards, which I fear got scuffed up pretty easily especially on the passenger side, and are barely visible with the doors closed.
The following users liked this post:
neteng101 (01-07-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 08:22 AM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stCayman
Later Edit:

After decades of being a BMW owner, I still am, I decided to get my first Porsche. Debated this for a long time, but the opportunity of getting a 2024 Cayman GTS 4.0 allocation came up and couldn't say no. Manual, of course. I've had some fantastic dimmers, like the 1M, so I'm excited to for the Cayman. I spent tons of time on forums already and I have a decent idea about the options and features I want. But here is my build anyway. I went with Guards Red since I feel it's an iconic color, and of course, a $0 option. The second choice was either Shark Blue or Carmine Red.

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PRJYPZR9

Here is the second configuration I like: Carmine Red over Black Leather interior (no deviated stitching) and LEDs https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRTL23T0

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions for me. I'm in the Midwest, btw.
Agree with others that the Premium Package is definitely worth having for the Entry and Drive but will go one step further and recommend it for the Lane Change Assist. These cars (for me anyway) have huge blind spots (even with my top down) and the LCA has proven its worth to me time after time.

Can't argue with posts that recommend the ventilated seats as everyone has their preference, but I have them on my car and consider them a waste of money as the air is not refrigerated, just ambient temp, which, in jeans, I can barely feel and it doesn't really cool me down. I also LOVE my heated steering wheel (and seats, but I don't find that option available anymore in the configurator. Did they do away with it for the 982? Still available on the 911s). And YMMV, but if you've been following the forums for this long, you've seen the Alcantara referred to by many as "mouse fur". I have no experience with it other than looking at it in the showroom, but would be concerned with it getting compressed/worn/dirty, issues that are far less apparent with full leather. That said: Welcome to the P-car family! You're gonna love it!
The following 2 users liked this post by confused66:
Miggytosh (01-09-2024), slilley (01-09-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 01:13 PM
Dana R
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by confused66
Agree with others that the Premium Package is definitely worth having for the Entry and Drive but will go one step further and recommend it for the Lane Change Assist. These cars (for me anyway) have huge blind spots (even with my top down) and the LCA has proven its worth to me time after time.

Can't argue with posts that recommend the ventilated seats as everyone has their preference, but I have them on my car and consider them a waste of money as the air is not refrigerated, just ambient temp, which, in jeans, I can barely feel and it doesn't really cool me down. I also LOVE my heated steering wheel (and seats, but I don't find that option available anymore in the configurator. Did they do away with it for the 982? Still available on the 911s). And YMMV, but if you've been following the forums for this long, you've seen the Alcantara referred to by many as "mouse fur". I have no experience with it other than looking at it in the showroom, but would be concerned with it getting compressed/worn/dirty, issues that are far less apparent with full leather. That said: Welcome to the P-car family! You're gonna love it!

Heated seats are standard equipment.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:14 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by confused66

From the PP, I think the entry & drive is the most appealing one. Lane change assist and those are nice haves, but honestly, I can do without them. Interesting point on the ventilated seats. So they are not really cooled seats.

I read about the mouse fur, but the package looks so nice when new Nicely put together
Old 01-07-2024, 02:44 PM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I preferred the simplified steering wheel that comes standard. I dislike steering wheels that have a bunch of ***** and buttons on them. Call me old school. So when I ordered both of my CGTS’s (2021 (which I sold and regretted) and 2023), I “steered” away from the PP and just picked the options I liked from it. BTW my 2021 didn’t have E&D. The 2023 does. Overall, to me, E&D is not a big deal but it’s very annoying when E&D opens the trunk and frunk when you wash the car if your key is anywhere close.
Old 01-07-2024, 07:45 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
I preferred the simplified steering wheel that comes standard. I dislike steering wheels that have a bunch of ***** and buttons on them. Call me old school. So when I ordered both of my CGTS’s (2021 (which I sold and regretted) and 2023), I “steered” away from the PP and just picked the options I liked from it. BTW my 2021 didn’t have E&D. The 2023 does. Overall, to me, E&D is not a big deal but it’s very annoying when E&D opens the trunk and frunk when you wash the car if your key is anywhere close.
I like the simplified one also, so I might go with that. The heated part doesn't make a huge difference for me.

Interesting on the ED, I didn't realize that.
Old 01-08-2024, 08:25 AM
fasteddie99
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

There's a difference between the standard GT Steering Wheel in Leather and the Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel? I can't see it....
Old 01-08-2024, 08:36 AM
fasteddie99
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

EDIT: NOW I see it...

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build