Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Big Belly 711
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice build...have you driven the GTS? You are going to LOVE it.....
Personal preference detail...I like the look of the blacked out 'Porsche' logo on the back...then it matches the model designation below (although I eliminated the model designation).
I also got the brakes in black...I'm not sure if the red brakes will match the guards red paint? If they are not exactly the same I think that might end up bugging you...maybe someone here can chime in on whether they match or not.
The following users liked this post:
ScottRich (01-06-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Porsche E&D is convenient.

And Porsche E&D is, like all other prox-based systems, subject to man-in-the-middle attacks and subsequent theft of cars so equipped.

Our Macan, bought used, has E&D and it is convenient for a grocery getter. Our two 718s, bought new, do not have E&D and it is not missed.

Unless you park on the street or in a narrow garage space, folding mirrors are a gimmick.

Light design package: one with and one without. I couldn’t even tell you what the difference is as LDP is beneath notice when operating the car.

LEDs? Yeah. Those effin rock.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:56 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Congrats! I like your build. Guards red is great. Glad you did full leather on the interior. Makes it feel more premium.

If I was building it for myself, I’d consider buckets, but that’s a personal choice as not everyone will like them. The standard seats are a safer choice.
I did the GTS interior but I'm still debating if I should with a black leather interior. I love the buckets, used them in BMWs, but I hate getting in and out of the car often So standards for me
Old 01-05-2024, 12:58 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by _RS4_
I was going crazy because it looked like I had written this post, but I didn't remember doing it
I also bought (well, still V070) my first Porsche, and it's a Cayman GTS 4.0. And it's a manual. And I've also been a Bmw owner for decades, including the 1M. But I'm pretty sure we are two different people
) Not may 1M owners around. So what color did you go with on the GTS?

Last edited by 1stCayman; 01-05-2024 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:59 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bearrun21
Welcome, @1stCayman . It's been so long since there have been allocations--fun to help a first-timer with some thoughts. I'm on my 6th 982-platform cars (love them) and have a comment on entry-and-drive: I am 'old school' and actually like putting the key into the ignition (plus it's a great way to get keys out of your pocket). Be aware that it IS possible to remove the 'dummy key' that comes with entry-and-drive (which I have done). Overall, entry-and-drive is GREAT for the convenience of grabbing the door handles OR opening trunk/frunk...I'm glad I have it--and happy with it because I can still use the ignition too.
Big congratulations on you getting to specify a car.
Thank you, yes, the dealer said they barely get any these days. I am now considering the PP with entry, but I'm also considering trying a different combo: CR exterior and all black interior, no deviated stitching.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:14 PM
_RS4_
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stCayman
) Not may 1M owners around. So what color did you go with on the GTS?
Gentian blue, platinum wheels, GTS interior pack (chalk). Here the option packages are different so you cannot compare the configuration, but I gave up on the bucket seats I have now on the Bmw because of the fixed backrest.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:32 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 735 Likes on 398 Posts

Are they now painting the exhaust back box black?
Old 01-05-2024, 04:49 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,978 Likes on 2,054 Posts

I did the GTS interior but I'm still debating if I should with a black leather interior. I love the buckets, used them in BMWs, but I hate getting in and out of the car often So standards for me
Whether you go GTS interior or leather, I don't think you can go wrong, but I would recommend full leather (on dash).

The alcantara seats will hold you in super well, so that is an advantage, but I also prefer leather surfaces compared to alcantara. Leather really is easier to clean and I think wears better over time.

I do think the GTS interior makes it look a bit more special inside. If you went with the leather interior, I'd consider changing your seat belts out to red.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:04 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Gentian blue, platinum wheels, GTS interior pack (chalk). Here the option packages are different so you cannot compare the configuration, but I gave up on the bucket seats I have now on the Bmw because of the fixed backrest.
Great build also. How are you liking the GTS interior, considering you had leather in the 1M?
Old 01-05-2024, 05:06 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Whether you go GTS interior or leather, I don't think you can go wrong, but I would recommend full leather (on dash).

The alcantara seats will hold you in super well, so that is an advantage, but I also prefer leather surfaces compared to alcantara. Leather really is easier to clean and I think wears better over time.

I do think the GTS interior makes it look a bit more special inside. If you went with the leather interior, I'd consider changing your seat belts out to red.
So the Leather Interior in Black option would give me full leather on dash, right? I'm just trying to figure it out in the configurator. I also added the Carbon Fiber trim to this second build.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:21 PM
_RS4_
AutoX

Great build also. How are you liking the GTS interior, considering you had leather in the 1M?
My GTS has not yet been built (I am waiting for the allocation), but I found the interior of the 718 to be of higher quality than that of my Bmw in term of materials. This will be my first car with alcantara interior, I am excited and worried at the same time, but the car will receive a full protective interior detailing.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:28 PM
1stCayman
Intermediate

My GTS has not yet been built (I am waiting for the allocation), but I found the interior of the 718 to be of higher quality than that of my Bmw in term of materials. This will be my first car with alcantara interior, I am excited and worried at the same time, but the car will receive a full protective interior detailing.
Yes, the 1M didn't excel at that, but made up with other things. So you're just like me: anxious and excited to try a Porsche.

Now I just need to figure out what I want, leather vs alcantara, CR vs SB. If I pay extra for the color, then I probably have to remove the stitching.
The following users liked this post:
_RS4_ (01-05-2024)
Old 01-05-2024, 05:35 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Given your location are you going to be impacted by the EU 1 July 2024 Stop Sale for all 718s?
Old 01-05-2024, 05:43 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,978 Likes on 2,054 Posts

So the Leather Interior in Black option would give me full leather on dash, right? I'm just trying to figure it out in the configurator. I also added the Carbon Fiber trim to this second build.
Yes, your second link does have full leather in it. The easiest way to tell is the stitching line that runs above the trim on the dash. The $2k option that you selected on the interior is essentially giving you the full leather which is leather on the dash and the doors. I don't think it's always necessary, but if someone has the budget I recommend it because it does feel more premium inside.
Old 01-05-2024, 05:45 PM
_RS4_
AutoX

Yes, the 1M didn't excel at that, but made up with other things. So you're just like me: anxious and excited to try a Porsche.

Now I just need to figure out what I want, leather vs alcantara, CR vs SB. If I pay extra for the color, then I probably have to remove the stitching.
You could say that!
I've always wanted my cars to have the specs peculiar to that specific model, and for me Porsche GTS -> alcantara, but that's just my opinion.
Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Given your location are you going to be impacted by the EU 1 July 2024 Stop Sale for all 718s?
It could be, that's why I can't claim victory yet, I will get confirmation in the next few weeks and if they say yes, my car will be here within 3-4 months.

Last edited by _RS4_; 01-05-2024 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Cayman GTS 4.0 - This is my build