Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

My "Old Man" CGTS 4.0 Build!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 03:59 PM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you all for the kind words, much appreciated!

Regarding the recommendations for clear side markers and radiator grilles, I did that a bit ago as well.

Also did full PPF and 50% tint all around except for the windshield. These are photos from this week...
Attached Images    
The following 4 users liked this post by NieFolgen:
n4v4nod (07-04-2023), Scrounger (07-04-2023), sin911 (07-04-2023), UncleDude (07-04-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 04:04 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm a little bummed when I ordered I was told aventurine green was discontinued, only to become available again a couple weeks after I locked. Gentian is good though and goes with espresso nicely
Old 07-04-2023, 02:22 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by chapmans
I'm a little bummed when I ordered I was told aventurine green was discontinued, only to become available again a couple weeks after I locked. Gentian is good though and goes with espresso nicely
I've always wondered how Gentian would look with Espresso interior, really wish it was available for the Spyder without paying a fortune for CXX. Please send/post pics when you pick up your car
Old 07-12-2023, 05:34 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

After seeing the pictures I placed an order for the Green and Truffle brown I placed an order.
Will see if they get any 2024 allocations - they don't have the allocations yet.
The following users liked this post:
NieFolgen (10-29-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 04:46 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Just went to another dealer and seems the Aventurine and Truffle brown will NOT be available as of January.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:51 PM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Originally Posted by jgonidec
Just went to another dealer and seems the Aventurine and Truffle brown will NOT be available as of January.
I had heard they were discontinuing Espresso… Not sure about the Cognac/Espresso combo though?

Image they must be discontinuing the lowest of color combo take rates as production winds down.

If not Aventurine, what color are you thinking?
Old 10-29-2023, 01:56 PM
NieFolgen
Advanced

A coupe of new photos from last weekend!

The following 2 users liked this post by NieFolgen:
slilley (10-30-2023), timothymoffat (10-31-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 02:11 PM
Miggytosh
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 69 Posts

@NieFolgen

I am picking up my CGTS at PECLA in late December and driving it back home to NorCal so it won't be as epic a trip as yours, but still want to protect it. How did the track wrap hold up for you and do you have recommendations on what to cover? It looks like you covered the nose, side-skirts, and rear right behind the tires, anywhere else?

Originally Posted by NieFolgen
Meant to do this sooner, but finally getting around to posting photos from the PEC Atlanta delivery and the journey home...

Picked up the car on Thursday, May 4th and headed home to Philadelphia via the most fun and scenic roads we could find. Cannot speak highly enough about the PEC experience... Truly topnotch!

From Atlanta we headed to Chattanooga, TN to visit some friends for a couple days and then over to Asheville, NC via Tail of the Dragon. After spending a couple nights there, we headed up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Charlottesville, VA for a night. Then we did Skyline Drive to Washington, DC for another couple of nights to see friends and for some work. Last stop was to visit my dad in Annapolis and then drove over the Bay Bridge and up the Eastern Shore of Maryland back home.

One of the highlights was spotting an Aventurine Green Boxster GTS 4.0 on Skyline Drive. We were headed opposed directions but happened to pull into the same overlook. Had a nice chat with the owner Bob from North Dakota and snapped some photos.

As soon as I got home, I peeled off the track wrap and had a detail session with Boxking and his GT4. A great ending to what was my most memorable and fun road trip to date!
Old 10-29-2023, 05:13 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

I will most likely go with Silver and Grey Leather interior.
Long term Silver is easy to maintain (doesn't show dirt as much) -
NieFolgen (10-31-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 10:56 AM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Originally Posted by Miggytosh
@NieFolgen

I am picking up my CGTS at PECLA in late December and driving it back home to NorCal so it won't be as epic a trip as yours, but still want to protect it. How did the track wrap hold up for you and do you have recommendations on what to cover? It looks like you covered the nose, side-skirts, and rear right behind the tires, anywhere else?
Awesome! Congrats on the new car and best of luck with the delivery and journey home.

The only areas I covered that you didn't mention were the A pillars, a stripe along the roof where it meets the top of the windshield, and the side view mirrors.

The wrap held up fairly well everywhere except the side view mirrors. Because of their shape, it came loose an was flapping so I just peeled it off about halfway through the trip. Otherwise really glad I did it and it gave me peace of mind until I could get the full PPF done.
Miggytosh (10-31-2023)
Old 10-31-2023, 03:15 PM
jgonidec
Advanced

Still waiting for an allocation will know in December or January for the 2014 1st quarter allocations. Is there a big difference in price with getting the dealer to wrap it ?

Quick Reply: My "Old Man" CGTS 4.0 Build!