Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 - PROJECT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 07:45 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

INSTALMENT 02 // SUSPENSION & BRAKES

View this post on Instagram

Our second instalment of the JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 project consists of enhancements to two key areas, suspension and brakes

SUSPENSION

On the previous JCR 718 GT4 build we ran the Ohlins TTX suspension kit with great success. After running the Manthey Racing KW units on our 991 GT2RS MR and learning our way around that option we opted to go with the Manthey Racing offering on our 718 GT4 v2.0 build project.

We also took the opportunity to swap out some key components in the suspension to allow for greater levels of adjustment such that we could achieve the necessary geo settings along with removing all rubber mounts in favour of rose jointed parts.

The remote reservoirs were placed in a convenient location to allow for quick and easy damper adjustments at the track.

We can't wait to get the car out on the road and start dialling in the suspension settings and learning what this kit can offer.

BRAKES

For the first phase of modifications to the brakes we opted for a simple package of Manthey Racing upgraded Pads and Lines along with a fresh bleed with Castrol SRF fluid.

First up was the pad change. The Manthey Racing PCCB pad is a very effective upgrade for use with the factory PCCB disc, extending life plus improving performance under higher temperature conditions.

Brake lines are not essential on this platform however every little helps, we opted for the Manthey Racing parts for OEM+ quality of fitment.

Last up was a full bleed plus whilst replacing the fluid for Castrol SRF. In our experience, the best that money can buy when it comes to brake fluid for use on the road & track.

We plan to upgrade the brake system further down the line and we're currently working on a range of more in depth upgrades for the factory PCCB disc assembly to save weight, aid cooling and also add rigidity. Watch this space.

The finishing touch was to get the car onto the Manthey Racing set up equipment and apply geo settings which worked very well for us from v1.0 build

Any questions as ever, please do not hesitate to ask. It's really fun sharing this build with the community

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 02-09-2023 at 07:46 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
DerekHK (02-11-2023), dub (02-14-2023), IRM (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,647 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Looking good Jonny, interesting video and pictures to follow the progress!

I saw some RSS components going in there as well, the Rear Adjustable Toe Steer kit and Inner Spherical Bearings, anything else?
Old 02-09-2023, 12:12 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Looking good Jonny, interesting video and pictures to follow the progress!

I saw some RSS components going in there as well, the Rear Adjustable Toe Steer kit and Inner Spherical Bearings, anything else?
Those items are coming across from our v1 718 GT4 build, they seemed to work great for us. We're exploring other options for suspension components as we expand out offerings so expect to see those parts replaced in the near future with some more exotic items

JC
Old 02-09-2023, 12:17 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Those items are coming across from our v1 718 GT4 build, they seemed to work great for us. We're exploring other options for suspension components as we expand out offerings so expect to see those parts replaced in the near future with some more exotic items

JC
Cool, I have a number of RSS components on my Spyder, they are a great addition and helped my shop make some alignment adjustments that they could not achieve with the stock components.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:19 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

JC
One glaring upgrade needed is an RS shifter . . . not only is it aesthetically more pleasing and functionally more enjoyable for manual shifting, it adds at least 10 hp

Avera

Old 02-09-2023, 01:01 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Avera
One glaring upgrade needed is an RS shifter . . . not only is it aesthetically more pleasing and functionally more enjoyable for manual shifting, it adds at least 10 hp

Avera

Watch this space on this one, something a little special coming

JC
The following users liked this post:
Avera (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 09:46 PM
ziggygt4
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought JCR was coming out with Weissach style exhaust tips. Don’t see them for sale on website…
JCR-Porsche (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 06:09 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ziggygt4
I thought JCR was coming out with Weissach style exhaust tips. Don’t see them for sale on website…
We are, in the next week or two (best guess) - Some phone pics below including a comparison to the factory Weissach tips as found on the 4RS with Weissach pack

We appreciate that there will be quite a rush on them so I'm ensuring we have good stock levels (50 sets in production now) before offering them for sale via the site

JC
sobiloff (02-12-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 06:50 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

The tips look great!

Difficult to tell for sure from the photos, but the diameter appears to be slightly smaller and straight cut vs. (slight) slash cut. Can you confirm?
Old 02-10-2023, 07:07 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
The tips look great!

Difficult to tell for sure from the photos, but the diameter appears to be slightly smaller and straight cut vs. (slight) slash cut. Can you confirm?
Internal diameter is larger than the factory tips, JCR 63mm vs OEM 52mm (from memory). The reason for developing this product was for our 4RS programme where the factory tips (and rear silencer) serve as quite a restriction. We wanted to be able to offer a tip option which took inspiration from the Weissach tips as installing the factory tips onto our rear would serve as a significant restriction. This is the same reason why we dont offer fitment of the factory 718 GT4 tips onto our 718 GT4 / Spyder exhaust options.

The outside diameter is just a touch smaller than OEM which once installed on the car I think is an improvement. The factory Weissach tips look a bit too much and dominate the rear of the car - Ill install one of each on the back of our car and take a pic as soon as we get the first production parts complete which will serve as a nice comparison

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Knutsm01 (02-10-2023), rubber_ducky (02-10-2023), TDT (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 11:53 AM
Chinchilla
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 22 Posts

This picture is of the rear shock tower I think? If it's the front, then did Porsche add reinforcement ribs to the shock tower?

INSTALMENT 02 // SUSPENSION & BRAKES

JC
UncleDude (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 12:28 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

We are, in the next week or two (best guess) - Some phone pics below including a comparison to the factory Weissach tips as found on the 4RS with Weissach pack

We appreciate that there will be quite a rush on them so I'm ensuring we have good stock levels (50 sets in production now) before offering them for sale via the site

JC
Damn! Those are nice... just when I thought I didn't need any more exhaust related components!

I assume that they will fit the existing 718 4.0l Valved Race Pipes?
Old 02-10-2023, 01:50 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chinchilla
This picture is of the rear shock tower I think? If it's the front, then did Porsche add reinforcement ribs to the shock tower?
you can see the coolant filter tube/cap, so it’s the rear.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:42 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chinchilla
That’s rear, front hasn’t changed at all

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Damn! Those are nice... just when I thought I didn't need any more exhaust related components!

I assume that they will fit the existing 718 4.0l Valved Race Pipes?
Absolutely, we have two versions, 718 GT4 fitment for our existing 718 GT4 race pipe customers and suitable for use with our Inconel tip adaptors and 718 GT4 RS fitment version (larger flange to suit our 4RS exhaust)

They look great on the car

JC

Old 02-10-2023, 11:22 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Are the tips titanium?

Quick Reply: JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 - PROJECT THREAD