Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 - PROJECT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 10:39 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 558 Posts

Interesting that now requiring link pipes to be heat shielded. Great to see all these new options.
Old 02-15-2023, 03:27 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by dub
Crap, I'm gonna have to start working overtime. This is all too good to pass up.

Any thoughts on what the manifolds, OAP...and non-silenced would be like (other than "glorious")?
LOUD! .. In all seriousness, this is a set up which many customers run. It’s certainly not for the faint of heart but if you’re looking for a ton of weight saving, power and sound then it’s a pretty formidable option!

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Interesting that now requiring link pipes to be heat shielded. Great to see all these new options.
We have only ever offered our link pipes with full Inconel Heatshielding included. We tested on road and track and in our opinion it’s absolutely necessary.

Worth noting that the heatshielding cost is significant and the parts would be a good amount cheaper without it, no doubt we would sell a bunch more but I’m not interested in selling parts that could cause a potential serious safety issue when the car is used properly on track

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
dub (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 03:47 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

We have only ever offered our link pipes with full Inconel Heatshielding included. We tested on road and track and in our opinion it’s absolutely necessary.

Worth noting that the heatshielding cost is significant and the parts would be a good amount cheaper without it, no doubt we would sell a bunch more but I’m not interested in selling parts that could cause a potential serious safety issue when the car is used properly on track

JC
Good to know. I'm in the heat-shield or ceramic coat camp. It has other performance benefits too, not only to protect surrounding parts.
Old 02-15-2023, 03:51 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Good to know. I'm in the heat-shield or ceramic coat camp. It has other performance benefits too, not only to protect surrounding parts.
Sure does, certainly no downsides, besides the cost

JC
Old 02-15-2023, 04:30 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 441 Likes on 256 Posts

LOUD! .. In all seriousness, this is a set up which many customers run. It’s certainly not for the faint of heart but if you’re looking for a ton of weight saving, power and sound then it’s a pretty formidable option!
I am sure it is all that . . . and mind-altering drone, which I suspect where the 'not for the faint of heart' part comes into play

Avera
Old 02-15-2023, 05:13 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

In short, not really. I did my very best to politely address and explain in the thread that was created as to why those testing results were flawed. We will, however, continue to demonstrate how ‘real world fast’ cars can be with our products installed

My background is in high level motorsport where achievements are earned on the tarmac. This is why we focus so heavily on ‘real world’ results as cars will NEVER act exactly the same on a dyno versus street / track, especially with the modern ECU’s extremely complex torque limits potentially fighting each and every change you make.

Dyno’s are great tools to aid product development but I’d much rather be setting lap records and topping GPS verified acceleration tests to prove our products work rather than sharing an impressive dyno graph.

JC
I've spoken to somebody who's worked for Porsche and Manthey and even they know your name.

Doesn't help everybody I know loves the exhaust, sometimes even more than the GT3... their words, not mine
Old 02-15-2023, 05:40 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Avera
I am sure it is all that . . . and mind-altering drone, which I suspect where the 'not for the faint of heart' part comes into play

Avera
Earphones optional 😜

Originally Posted by josephr25
I've spoken to somebody who's worked for Porsche and Manthey and even they know your name.

Doesn't help everybody I know loves the exhaust, sometimes even more than the GT3... their words, not mine
We know the guys there well, true professionals. A pleasure to work with

JC
Old 02-15-2023, 06:16 PM
brianch5351
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the Silenced Titanium link pipes planned to work in conjunction with stock manifolds or will they be catted as well? Wanting to add manifolds + the existing catted link pipes to my non-silenced race pipes, but was concerned about waking up the entire neighborhood!
Old 02-16-2023, 07:09 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by brianch5351
Are the Silenced Titanium link pipes planned to work in conjunction with stock manifolds or will they be catted as well? Wanting to add manifolds + the existing catted link pipes to my non-silenced race pipes, but was concerned about waking up the entire neighborhood!
The silenced link pipes will have a silencer in place of the cats so its one or the other, unfortunately there's just not space available to have both

Manifolds, catted link pipes and non silenced rear is really loud. Sounds amazing and makes a ton of power but it's loud.

JC
Old 02-16-2023, 11:42 AM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

Any chance of OEM cat replacements for anybody just running the Superlight pipe catback?
Old 02-16-2023, 11:51 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by josephr25
Any chance of OEM cat replacements for anybody just running the Superlight pipe catback?
As in a header with cats? Sorry I don't quite understand

JC
Old 02-22-2023, 06:48 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

INSTALMENT 04 // BODYWORK & AERO DEVELOPMENT

View this post on Instagram

Our fourth instalment of project JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 focusses on the bodywork and aero improvements of the car.

We began this journey by installing some key OEM 718 GT4 RS body parts on to our GT4, not only because they look fantastic but they will also allow us to accurately scan and get the ball rolling in a number of areas when it comes to developing some of our very own aero components for this fantastic platform.

We have also already fully scanned the key areas of interest on the factory 718 GT4 RS some time ago so that we can cross compare and understand any differences which are not so obvious without accurate data. There are quite a few!

We're using some of the very latest tech when it comes to scanning and the level of accuracy is nothing short of astounding. Only the best will do. We'll be sharing some more in depth video and information regarding the scanning in the near future.

We will use our 718 GT4 to develop a large range of functional aero for the 718 platform, all designed, developed and manufactured in the UK. A large proportion of the aero parts and packages which we develop will be cross compatible among the 718 GT4 / Spyder / GT4 RS models plus some items for the 981 GT4 too.

We also purchased all of the GT4 RS factory underbody aero and will be evaluating its effectiveness back-to-back on the track. For now, it's installed on the car (with a few small tweaks) and we're looking forward to understanding how these parts affect the balance of the car.

We also opted to install the small rear bumper sections from the 4RS, whilst they're extremely unlikely to affect the handing in any way we felt it was important to not miss any component and risk skewing results.

Some parts which certainly only offer aesthetic improvement would be the factory GT4 RS Carbon Fibre Side Blades and Mirror Covers, they are however, a little lighter than the factory parts. Every little helps!

We've had a very productive week and the car is really starting to take shape ahead of it's first outing on track at Donington Park on 18th March.

There's only a few more updates now before the full reveal which we can't wait to share with you! The track is calling our name.

JC
The following 6 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
dub (02-22-2023), IL_Pete (02-22-2023), IRM (02-22-2023), josephr25 (02-22-2023), TDT (02-22-2023), thomas_gt4 (02-22-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-22-2023, 10:41 AM
IRM
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

What a weapon that is going to be. Very much looking forward to your own aero developments!

Note: the rear 4RS diffusor blades look a bit off - not sure they are installed right?
Old 02-22-2023, 12:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,766 Likes on 2,764 Posts

Jonny, great installment, so nice looking additions to the GT4!

Regarding this rear aero piece was it difficult to add, does it use existing fastener points on the car or do you have drill into the bumper?

Old 02-23-2023, 08:03 AM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Jonny, great installment, so nice looking additions to the GT4!

Regarding this rear aero piece was it difficult to add, does it use existing fastener points on the car or do you have drill into the bumper?

there’s more info than you probably need (including mounting options) here: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...ispreloading=1
The following 2 users liked this post by rubber_ducky:
JCR-Porsche (02-23-2023), Westcoast (02-23-2023)

Quick Reply: JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 - PROJECT THREAD