Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dundon 718 GT4RS Development Thread. Input wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 04:04 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 368 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Delidf8
Hi Jamie, thanks for the data.

What about the exhaust without header package? (for the lucky owners of monitored GPF...)

Power/torque wise, we should expect a similar gain as over street header, right ?
And sound wise, the higher pitch should remain, right?

About your intake system being developed, will this be compatible with Euro cars ? no need of tune?

Thanks
At the least it would be over axle pipes, as the angle that our rear section connects isn't the same angle as the stock system. Let me chat with Charles about this.

Originally Posted by Avera
Jamie

Like many, I am a big fan of Dundon products, so the following is by no means meant to be a dig toward your efforts . . .

Your above post focuses on power gains delivered by the rear box replacement for the RS (and, presumably, GT4). That is great, but I think know that what your target audience has been asking for is a rear box solution that produces better tone without intolerable drone, PARTICULARLY when coupled with your headers/OAPs

Avera
Hi Avera, I thought I said it that we got everything, great sound, no drone and great power. Let me reiterate it. The new rear muffler section when coupled with our street headers doesn't have intolerable drone. Sounds great and makes power!

Did you see the go pro video pointed down at the exhaust?

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 01-16-2024 at 04:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BabyNSX (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Jamie, thanks for the data.

What about the exhaust without header package? (for the lucky owners of monitored GPF...)

Power/torque wise, we should expect a similar gain as over street header, right ?
And sound wise, the higher pitch should remain, right?

About your intake system being developed, will this be compatible with Euro cars ? no need of tune?

Thanks
I chatted with Charles and you'd need at least our overaxle pipes to connect the muffler, which then deletes the OPF...

The intake is still in testing but so far no tune required, we would expect the same in Europe.

Old 01-19-2024, 06:58 AM
Delidf8
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the clarification. Quite disappointing.
If I understand correctly, your street header package requires your muffler and vice versa.
I think that was absolutely not clear from your communication so far. I suggest you specify that on your website.

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
I chatted with Charles and you'd need at least our overaxle pipes to connect the muffler, which then deletes the OPF...

The intake is still in testing but so far no tune required, we would expect the same in Europe.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:54 AM
j-dub
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

The intake is still in testing but so far no tune required,
Can you share any further details of this intake, what models will it support etc?

Old 01-19-2024, 12:14 PM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 263 Posts

You need to what Whiskey Fridays for all the insider info!!!

Guys have been prototyping their larger volume intake chamber with 93mm main throttle body. As per all 991 GT cars but obviously printed with the TB inlet on the top to mate with 4RS airbox.
Interesting thing is that the car is sensitive to intake air temps, so larger volume lowers temps so there is tweaking to do, in conjunction with understanding how the ITB mapping and cylinder fill characteristics might change.
result so far…something like c +8 up top iirc? and big mid range torque improvements in concert with the exhaust package.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:44 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

thanks for the clarification. Quite disappointing.
If I understand correctly, your street header package requires your muffler and vice versa.
I think that was absolutely not clear from your communication so far. I suggest you specify that on your website.
Sorry... we do our best to let folks know the dependencies of our parts. It wouldn't have been possible to do all the things we wanted to do with teh muffler and make it fit the stock OAP's etc...

Originally Posted by j-dub
Can you share any further details of this intake, what models will it support etc?
The Intake kit adds a nice 15whp at 8000 rpm. It's the muffler that adds all the torque in the midrange when coupled with our street headers. as TDT eluded the car is sensitive on the dyno with temps too low it torque limits and then of course if temps are too high the air density starts to suffer. That said, we expect the car to make far more than it's showing on the dyno once there is positive pressure in the manifold from the ram air intakes. More to come on this as we can get some weather to get the car outside to test!

Originally Posted by TDT
You need to what Whiskey Fridays for all the insider info!!!

Guys have been prototyping their larger volume intake chamber with 93mm main throttle body. As per all 991 GT cars but obviously printed with the TB inlet on the top to mate with 4RS airbox.
Interesting thing is that the car is sensitive to intake air temps, so larger volume lowers temps so there is tweaking to do, in conjunction with understanding how the ITB mapping and cylinder fill characteristics might change.
result so far…something like c +8 up top iirc? and big mid range torque improvements in concert with the exhaust package.
I'll try to clarify, decent summary but not quite... .

The 93mm TB helps the car as it approaches peak suction from the headers like the other cars we put them on. More on this as we get some road testing!

Old 01-19-2024, 05:47 PM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 263 Posts

Nice one @Jamie@dundonmotorsports.
I’ll be sure to listen more intently!
Old 01-19-2024, 05:53 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 76 Posts

I will be selling my 718 GT4RS STREET HEADER PACKAGE in the coming months if anyone interested PM me. 300 miles on them. Sounds amazing!

The most powerful header system you can buy for your GT4RS! Our tuned length manifolds and 3" catted "wave pipes" connect to the stock muffler for big improvements in sound and performance! 20whp gains with the stock muffler(more than 32 when combined with our V11 Muffler!). Great torque gains alone but paired with our V11 muffler get even more gains!

Last edited by MattDFW; 01-19-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added Information
Old 01-19-2024, 07:57 PM
j-dub
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

More to come on this as we can get some weather to get the car outside to test!
Thanks and looking forward to the details as they develop.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:48 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Dealer is removing Dundon exhasut this week. Will be packed up and ready to sell by week end. Below is the package that I have.

718 GT4RS Streed header package. Total was $9737.09. Sell price is $6500 delivered. 320 miles on them as of now. Contact me if interested.

Last edited by MattDFW; 03-07-2024 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Addded info.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:16 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Great setup as Dundon is a first class shop.
Old 03-13-2024, 07:00 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MattDFW
Dealer is removing Dundon exhasut this week. Will be packed up and ready to sell by week end. Below is the package that I have.

718 GT4RS Streed header package. Total was $9737.09. Sell price is $6500 delivered. 320 miles on them as of now. Contact me if interested.
anyone interested before I list on EBay?
Old 05-06-2024, 03:20 PM
SapphireBlue981S
Instructor

Received 402 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by MattDFW
anyone interested before I list on EBay?
can you upload more pics to your listing?
Old 05-06-2024, 03:28 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SapphireBlue981S
can you upload more pics to your listing?
this is the exact system, the local dealership packaged it all up when the took it off my car.

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...header-package
Old 05-06-2024, 08:20 PM
mdork
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I assume the street headers and exhaust will fit the Spyder RS?

Quick Reply: Dundon 718 GT4RS Development Thread. Input wanted!