Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Full Bucket seat stop ordering for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 06:49 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by adsingl
My freeze date moved up to MONDAY March 13. Going to call my SA today. I probably have to run over there to see if they have a car with buckets. I HAVE to sit in them (I'm short) to make a decision to change. When I spoke to him a couple weeks ago to do some minor config deletes he said people adding things were adding a month or two - gave example of 911 GTS that moved out nearly 2 months.
What was your original freeze? My TYD doesn't show any more. My build already had buckets but I was avoiding making changes as long as possible in case it would cause the buckets to drop. Now that they're back seems I can make my changes without risk.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:45 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 880 Likes on 467 Posts

FWIW - I made 2 changes and my LWBS never dropped off. You're good either way.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:00 PM
LoodorneGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

I jump on and off between LWBS and Normal seat..very happy I landed with LWBS when I did spec my GT4 ..
I'd say..
GT4 is a must with LWBS as a normal seat elevated the driver a little up compare to the bucket...for someone slim not carry extra weight LWBS are no brainer.
Spyder normal seat is the way to go for me..it's a cursing car, not a track weapon.
Old 03-11-2023, 02:04 AM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
What was your original freeze? My TYD doesn't show any more. My build already had buckets but I was avoiding making changes as long as possible in case it would cause the buckets to drop. Now that they're back seems I can make my changes without risk.
Hmm, actually mine got pushed out from 3/30 to 4/5.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:25 AM
jbatchelor
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
PCCBs are not available
My SA just tried adding them to my build and received V100 status
Thanks for the feedback Lucifer. Sad, but best to know.

James
Old 03-11-2023, 10:34 AM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
I jump on and off between LWBS and Normal seat..very happy I landed with LWBS when I did spec my GT4 ..
I'd say..
GT4 is a must with LWBS as a normal seat elevated the driver a little up compare to the bucket...for someone slim not carry extra weight LWBS are no brainer.
Spyder normal seat is the way to go for me..it's a cursing car, not a track weapon.
I disagree. A GTS is a cruiser. A Spyder is the same as a GT4. Just no top. Just like an F1 car

LWBS absolutely required
The following users liked this post:
6IXSPD (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 12:08 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LoodorneGT4
I'd say..
I disagree. A GTS is a cruiser. A Spyder is the same as a GT4. Just no top. Just like an F1 car

LWBS absolutely required
The following 3 users liked this post by MrFunk:
6IXSPD (03-11-2023), josephr25 (03-11-2023), X2Board (03-12-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 12:33 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk

LWBS absolutely required
It just depends on the actual usage. I will never take my Spyder on the track, and therefore, the sofas are perfect for my application/use.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTSPYDER23:
Alan C. (03-11-2023), LoodorneGT4 (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 01:32 PM
LoodorneGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Same car specs and it’s beautiful but still not build for track use..some club won’t let you track a car with soft top..so why I’d force LWBS.
ceramic break absolutely yes on spyder but no must for bucket seat .
Old 03-11-2023, 08:38 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I decided against the LWBs today after sitting in a set. My back gets stiff, the angle between seat and back is not going to work well for me on long trips, and probably most my miles will be too and from tracks. They felt GREAT short term, but I know my back. The tilted brackets would help some, but won't change the angle between seat and back.
But I can also confirm after talking to my SA yesterday, he had added LWBs to my config this morning with no issue. After I sat in a GT3RS with them and decided against them, we changed back to 18 ways. I'm in the US.

FWIW, he first sent me a text this morning that paraphrased, read "he didn't know where I got my info but he still did NOT show availability". Then I got a phone call and he said "I don't know why they send this update this way. It turns out there's a memo that says in Red 'LWBs are still not available' but this was XX'd out, causing him and sales manager a bit of confusion. Possible they added them to my config just to see what would happen, but he had a new, accepted config number with this done before we changed this back to 18 ways after I made my decision.
Therefore, I'd challenge any US dealer that says they're still not available here in the short term.
Hopefully those that want them can get them if not past the lock date.
Good luck all.

ADS
Old 03-11-2023, 08:44 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

YOU get LWBS!!!.... YOU get LWBS!!...YOU get LWBS!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by dub:
Prime (03-12-2023), X2Board (03-12-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 08:49 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by adsingl
I decided against the LWBs today after sitting in a set. My back gets stiff, the angle between seat and back is not going to work well for me on long trips, and probably most my miles will be too and from tracks. They felt GREAT short term, but I know my back. The tilted brackets would help some, but won't change the angle between seat and back.
But I can also confirm after talking to my SA yesterday, he had added LWBs to my config this morning with no issue. After I sat in a GT3RS with them and decided against them, we changed back to 18 ways. I'm in the US.

FWIW, he first sent me a text this morning that paraphrased, read "he didn't know where I got my info but he still did NOT show availability". Then I got a phone call and he said "I don't know why they send this update this way. It turns out there's a memo that says in Red 'LWBs are still not available' but this was XX'd out, causing him and sales manager a bit of confusion. Possible they added them to my config just to see what would happen, but he had a new, accepted config number with this done before we changed this back to 18 ways after I made my decision.
Therefore, I'd challenge any US dealer that says they're still not available here in the short term.
Hopefully those that want them can get them if not past the lock date.
Good luck all.

ADS
Exactly my impression.

Regarding previous comments stating LWBS are "required" for the track: what are you guys talking about?
People are taking their ND Miatas with their garbage seats to the track and having a blast. I did that too.
No one is buying a Spyder to break lap records.

Last edited by Lucifer; 03-11-2023 at 09:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LoodorneGT4 (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 09:25 PM
TheMuffinMan91
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had the chance to sit in LWBS but everyone seemed to swear by them being comfortable and a “must” for the gt4. My build froze 2/23 so they weren’t really an option for me either way. Your experience makes me feel a bit better about missing out.
Old 03-11-2023, 09:38 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan91
I never had the chance to sit in LWBS but everyone seemed to swear by them being comfortable and a “must” for the gt4. My build froze 2/23 so they weren’t really an option for me either way. Your experience makes me feel a bit better about missing out.
They just hold your body really well, and that's it. They are objectively less comfortable than the 18-ways.
Personally, on the track, I can't drive more than 30-40 minutes without stopping, my body just gets tired, so if I had purchased a GT4 solely for track use I would have gotten them.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:26 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoss
Of course my car gets built right after they are available!
Let the search for second hand begin. I also called a couple dealers parts department. They are saying unavailable at the moment but could pop up "after production ends." They are however available only as a "replacement part." Also contacted Manthey Racing and they will not ship to USA.
You might want to try here:

http://scuderiav.com/

Quick Reply: Full Bucket seat stop ordering for GT4