Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Mark Ups

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022 | 03:36 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gulfblu
Porsche plans on building 7000 GT4RS, they can produce and sell this engine until 2026 translation they can/will keep selling the gt4RS for 1 or2 year overlap with the electric Cayman. Porsche overlapped 997.2 gts and turbos with 991 model year and 991.1 turbos with 991.2 etc etc They have a strong history of overlapping generation models. My guess is gt4rs will be avail without ADM before they reach 7000K production run. the gt4RS is so loud it's never going to be a daily driver, people will develop hearing loss and tinnitus from daily driving. I have tinnitus from seeing too much live music it's no fun even though the live music was a blast. If they are building 7k gt4rs how many GT3RS will they build?

here are the sources for the 7000k gt4rs

https://www.autodaily.com.au/2022-po...gt4-rs-review/

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsch...rs-2022-review
While Porsche may have initially stated 7k examples worldwide.....that may have been before supply chain issues and effects of war were fully understood.
I'm not certain the effects are even understood fully today. At some point, they may not be able to catch up to initial projections.

Seems like a crap shoot currently.
Who knows.
The following 4 users liked this post by BlazinPond:
DFW01TT (09-23-2022), Mavzyx (09-22-2022), Odin (09-24-2022), raymort (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022 | 03:41 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
While Porsche may have initially stated 7k examples worldwide.....that may have been before supply chain issues and effects of war were fully understood.
I'm not certain the effects are even understood fully today. At some point, they may not be able to catch up to initial projections.

Seems like a crap shoot currently.
Who knows.
Yup. Russia changed lots of plans.
Old 09-22-2022 | 04:23 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

Porsche made that announcement of ~7K units gt4RS in July 22, but right with macro and energy issues in Europe its a crap shoot. But i do believe we will see up to 4 MY of the gt4RS, the engine can be sold in Europe until end of 2026. the capital cost to design the car and produces has already been spent. Now, they will maximize production to meet demand and get a ROI. I believe the customers paying ADM now are under the impression that gt4rs will stopped being produce at year end 2023. I believe we will get MY 24 25 and 26. Plus AP, Andreas Preuninger said this car will not be limited in production and everyone who wants to buy one will be able to buy one. I believe and trust him. The Spyder RS will get built until the end of 26 too but will not arrive until MY 24 so we will have 3 years of spyder RS production. This assumes WW3 hasn't already begun in Europe.
Old 09-22-2022 | 04:25 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

...The Spyder RS will get built until the end of 26 too but will not arrive until MY 24 so we will have 3 years of spyder RS production.
Sacrificing a chicken and a goat, and knocking on wood, plastic, and styrofoam, in order to maximize chances this is correct!
The following users liked this post:
gulfblu (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022 | 04:50 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No one is arguing with you.

I'm just telling you the facts.
What's the math breakdown on some different models if you have access to the numbers?
Old 09-22-2022 | 05:01 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Porsche made that announcement of ~7K units gt4RS in July 22, but right with macro and energy issues in Europe its a crap shoot. But i do believe we will see up to 4 MY of the gt4RS, the engine can be sold in Europe until end of 2026. the capital cost to design the car and produces has already been spent. Now, they will maximize production to meet demand and get a ROI. I believe the customers paying ADM now are under the impression that gt4rs will stopped being produce at year end 2023. I believe we will get MY 24 25 and 26. <b>Plus AP, Andreas Preuninger said this car will not be limited in production and everyone who wants to buy one will be able to buy one. I believe and trust him.,</b>. The Spyder RS will get built until the end of 26 too but will not arrive until MY 24 so we will have 3 years of spyder RS production. This assumes WW3 hasn't already begun in Europe.
You trust AP on a statement like that??
DFW01TT (09-23-2022)
Old 09-22-2022 | 05:14 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No one is arguing with you.

I'm just telling you the facts.
You think for example..... that a 60k macan that has a 48k cost to the dealership so lets say a 30k raw cost to porsche, so 50% margin from MSRP......You think that same 30k raw cost to porsche to build that car would mean it would cost a minimum 120k for Porsche to build a GT3rs with a 240k sticker?

I don't know what business you're in, but as someone that is in producing and manufacturing and owns the company....The higher the price in a model line, usually means the margins are much higher. That is why ferrari as a % has the highest margins of any car manufacturer, and something like a honda civic has the lowest as a %....

Are you really this braindead? There are certain circumstance such as an LFA, where a mftr. spends a **** ton of money on R+D to get a vanity car to help build brand perception and they lose money, a one off so to say.....the GT lineup is not that. FAR FAR from that in reality.
Old 09-22-2022 | 05:37 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

When is the last time PAG produced an RS for 4 model years??

Don’t know anyone that thinks this will be a 2023 model only. It started in 2022 MY. I believe most think 2024 MY will be the end.

Crazy to think they would build the 4RS twice as long as the GT3.
Old 09-22-2022 | 06:29 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

After 2026 all GT engines will be some type of hybrids. The Spyder RS is happenings you think they will stop GT4rs production when they roll Spyder RS out for MY 24?

The money been spent; this(gt4rs and Spyder RS) will be the last ICE Car mid-engine car Porsche makes. Think Ford GT, they extended the run by 2 years with 35% more production so far they are still making them. Because their was demand and it increased their ROI. Every 1k gt4rs sold equals ~180M in revenue without new development cost to recoup why not crank it until the 2026 deadline or until they meet demand? Everything is in place to keep production running. Maybe 2 year run next to the all electric mid engine lineup but for sure 1 year concurrent production. Porsche will be public traded by year end unless the markets melts down, profits count and its free money and profits to keep making GT4RS until the engine has a hard European stop in 2026. Volkswagen, did the heavy lifting now Porsche will be solely responsible for their net income. No one thought they would make the Cayman better than a 911 but they did no one thinks they will make the GT4rs car for 3 MY or 4 but they will! 100% MY 24, 80%MY 25, 50% model 26(there may not be demand)
Old 09-22-2022 | 06:39 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

Porsche is mindful of not stealing or borrowing future demand from their GT3 production, but the Cayman GT4rs will not have any future demand to borrow from, its a one and done model. They will build mid engine super cars in the future but by selling more ICE GT4rs their is no demand destruction in the future 918s replacement.
Old 09-22-2022 | 06:42 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
You think for example..... that a 60k macan that has a 48k cost to the dealership so lets say a 30k raw cost to porsche, so 50% margin from MSRP......You think that same 30k raw cost to porsche to build that car would mean it would cost a minimum 120k for Porsche to build a GT3rs with a 240k sticker?

I don't know what business you're in, but as someone that is in producing and manufacturing and owns the company....The higher the price in a model line, usually means the margins are much higher. That is why ferrari as a % has the highest margins of any car manufacturer, and something like a honda civic has the lowest as a %....

Are you really this braindead? There are certain circumstance such as an LFA, where a mftr. spends a **** ton of money on R+D to get a vanity car to help build brand perception and they lose money, a one off so to say.....the GT lineup is not that. FAR FAR from that in reality.
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18372712
Old 09-22-2022 | 06:44 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Porsche is mindful of not stealing or borrowing future demand from their GT3 production, but the Cayman GT4rs will not have any future demand to borrow from, its a one and done model. They will build mid engine super cars in the future but by selling more ICE GT4rs their is no demand destruction in the future 918s replacement.
Why don’t they make GT3s all the time? Why don’t they make more 911Rs? Why don’t they make more Speedsters?

Your logic is broken. Porsche is not a mass model producer except for the mom-mobiles.

if anything, they will spin off 5 different versions using the GT3 engine before they mass produce 4RSs.
Odin (09-24-2022)
Old 09-22-2022 | 07:06 PM
gulfblu
Intermediate

Why don’t they make GT3s all the time?~ to preserve future demand for their next .2 or next generation. the Gt3 is recurring car since 996 we love it Thank You AG!!

Why don’t they make more 911Rs? was beta test for the gt3 touring the market loved it. Thank You AG!!

Why don’t they make more Speedsters? they will after the end of every generation or the beginning of the generation but when the built 991 speedster in 2019 their was a dozen of them at MSRP at dealers or available to dealers. Porsche did a good job judging demand on the speedsters, Porsche SLC had one with delivery miles at MSRP or had one available from another dealer. They shopped it at at MSRP they also sold GT3 Touring at msrp and Gt2rs at msrp, people back out of the orders, demand dried up mid 2019. My buddy said yes to all of them except he said no to the speedster. .

But your questions are exactly my point. Their is no GT4RS in the future to BORROW sales from they will meet all demand for this car. AG will be right if you want to buy this car you will be to

Porsche is mindful of future demand but the GT4RS will have no future after they retire it. Sell Sell Sell they will. The GT3 crowd loves the the 911, its mystic!! Selling gt4RS wont borrow too much from future gt3 sales plus its really loud, like hearing aid loud with chronic use.

Old 09-22-2022 | 07:58 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

@gulfblu

Not sure where you get you info from; other than wishful thinking. Emissions are to change again for Euro 7. Several posts have already been posted that 06/24 is the last for the current emissions and the current engine tech. If you got something different in writing post a link to that.

BTW, AP always states everybody that wants one gets one. Too bad he never commits to over what time frame, how long will have to wait, new, used, etc, etc, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by ExMB:
gulfblu (09-22-2022), Odin (09-24-2022)
Old 09-22-2022 | 08:13 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

Well that's unfortunate lol.

I was hoping he'd answer with the numbers shedding light on how Porsche managed make crappy margins on cars they are guaranteed to sell every one at the price they pick (when ferrari does double digit margins on their cars) and yet can make record margins on rebadged Q5s they spam the market with and give large discounts on (while audi,bmw/merc do single digits in the same class) before someone flamed him, but seeing how he posted a link to this thread as his answer which is pretty annoying if he actually knew what he was talking about, it seems like perhaps nothing of value was lost by flaming him.

Quick Reply: GT4RS Mark Ups