Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Mark Ups

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022 | 07:24 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raymort
Yet, they haven't delivered a single 4RS to the US yet...When was the last batch of allocations for the 4RS?? Yeah, been a while...
But several are on ROROs over here and some have already docked up North. Won't be long before they get to the other ports now.
The following users liked this post:
raymort (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 07:41 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
But several are on ROROs over here and some have already docked up North. Won't be long before they get to the other ports now.
Yep - but this is a super slow start for a car they are going to produce a ton of...

The GT cars are not where PAG makes the biggest profit regardless on how much they invest in them.

That Macan EV will gross a ton more profit than the 4RS will. The CEO got fired because of the delay. The 4RS is a novelty car they were able to convince the board to allow.

It's crazy how some think the RS cars are make or break bottom line cars for PAG.
The following 2 users liked this post by raymort:
Mavzyx (09-21-2022), Mr. Adair (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:09 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Yep - but this is a super slow start for a car they are going to produce a ton of...

The GT cars are not where PAG makes the biggest profit regardless on how much they invest in them.

That Macan EV will gross a ton more profit than the 4RS will. The CEO got fired because of the delay. The 4RS is a novelty car they were able to convince the board to allow.

It's crazy how some think the RS cars are make or break bottom line cars for PAG.
Sounds like you have a 4rs on order at a big big premium lol
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:11 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
That was just a snark response; had nothing to do with any of his points, which only goes to suggest he is right and you have no response.

Last edited by Adrift; 09-20-2022 at 08:13 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Adrift:
cafe_racer (09-20-2022), Itzkirb (09-21-2022), Mavzyx (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:13 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrift
That was just a snark response; had nothing to do with any of his points. Do better.
Do we have another 4rs on order with a big big premium?
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:15 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Do we have another 4rs on order with a big big premium?
The 718 forum version of "I know you are, but what am I" lol

I'm 100% a spyder guy. Perception of legitimacy down another 5 points.

Last edited by Adrift; 09-20-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:16 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

What else would you expect your AD to say?

Hey they are pumping out 7k, just wait lol Anything other than "Not as many as we want" and "WAY LESS than blah blah blah" or "Good luck getting one ever" would be shocking coming from a dealer

That being said, they developed this car for awhile and can't suck a .2 or next gen out of it nor any tech like they did on the 911r....so it would make rational sense for them to get their money out of the time and money spent. So furthermore, it would be rational to believe they will try and sell as many as they can
Well, that is certainly solid info you provided! I really don't give a **** how many they make and I hope they make 7001. But in every business I am associated with and speak to on a daily basis including OEM motorcycles reps etc. tell me 2.5 years after this crap started the OEM motorcycle manufactures have not even made it back to half of normal production.
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:18 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrift
Not at all. Perception of legitimacy down another 5 points.
In all honesty the GT cars do carry massive margins, much more than a macan EV that is not out yet. So what was I going to do? Argue with him on a point he seems lost on? Margins on those will probably be similar to say a normal macan, mush less than the high end 911's.

200k GT3's are making them fat Ferrari margins, so will 180k GT4rs's...

If they will produce 100k cars in a given year, it would be smart to produce the ones that make the more money. This is not rocket science
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:22 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

It’s actually one of the lowest that I’m aware of.

I asked for support that PAG is going to make 7000 of these. Still waiting.

PAG production this year has been off and is about to get worse as winter approaches when Russia shuts down the gas supply.

The following users liked this post:
Odin (09-24-2022)
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:24 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

In all honesty the GT cars do carry massive margins, much more than a macan EV that is not out yet. So what was I going to do? Argue with him on a point he seems lost on? Margins on those will probably be similar to say a normal macan, mush less than the high end 911's.

200k GT3's are making them fat Ferrari margins, so will 180k GT4rs's...

If they will produce 100k cars in a given year, it would be smart to produce the ones that make the more money. This is not rocket science
They pump out the mom-mobiles like candy. If they made so much off GT3s, why bother making the Macans. Truth is the Macans and Cayenne saved this company and is where they make the bulk of their money. Also, learn what total profit is vs marginal profit per unit.
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:27 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Provide the units_sold * margin math. Single unit profit is irrelevant.

Not saying you're wrong, just looking for the meaningful answer.
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:46 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

I don't have a clue how many they'll make, but I think the bean counters there are figuring that out. If 10k people want them and are ready to pay, maybe they do make 7k....Maybe only 3k people actually want them so they make 2,999...

I never said they are making 7k....just that your dealer is not going to act like they are pumping them out, that would be the worst salesman of all time...

But why is it offensive for some other person to suggest they make 7k? What if they make 8k? Is the car any worse?
Old 09-20-2022 | 08:50 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

I don't have a clue how many they'll make, but I think the bean counters there are figuring that out. If 10k people want them and are ready to pay, maybe they do make 7k....Maybe only 3k people actually want them so they make 2,999...

I never said they are making 7k....just that your dealer is not going to act like they are pumping them out, that would be the worst salesman of all time...

But why is it offensive for some other person to suggest they make 7k? What if they make 8k? Is the car any worse?
Where did anyone say it was offensive?

I kindly asked for support for such a number, especially in light of the difficulties PAG is having producing the allocations from last November.

Then you claim I’m getting bilked by a dealer that is actually giving me a low ADM. What gives.

I have no idea how many they will make, but past performance suggests it’s not near as many as the market is wanting.
Old 09-20-2022 | 09:05 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Where did anyone say it was offensive?

I kindly asked for support for such a number, especially in light of the difficulties PAG is having producing the allocations from last November.

Then you claim I’m getting bilked by a dealer that is actually giving me a low ADM. What gives.

I have no idea how many they will make, but past performance suggests it’s not near as many as the market is wanting.
Well I ordered the 991.2 3rs new and it seems this thing has more demand and and they're going to make it for longer and they made like 5,000+ of those iirc

7k does not seem irrational to me. Outside of being a mole at Porsche corp. I don't think we'll ever know beforehand so we need to guess rationally

And I hope whatever you pay for yours, you get everything you ever wanted out of it. It will be an epic one indeed
Old 09-20-2022 | 10:12 PM
Daytonars4
Banned

I was in Germany 2 weeks ago and had a 4RS rental booked at the Nurburgring. Unfortunately for me it rained so they stuck me in a VW instead. But after that decided to start checking the local dealers. I noticed not a single Porsche dealer had one on the lot. Are all dealers MSRP only there? … I did find 4 at non-Porsche dealers. The price ranged wildly from $250k to $320k. I checked again today and they were all still on lots. Now with price reductions with the lowest at $240k with like 9 miles on it. My guess is in the US all the “must have buyers” will get their cars at huge markups. That’ll eventually fade if Porsche can keep production rolling. Now that the Clubsports are definitely being produced until at a minimum the end of 2023, production should keep rolling hopefully.

Quick Reply: GT4RS Mark Ups