Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT3RS Reveal Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022 | 07:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by inverterman
I really wish I didn't click on this thread. Having owned, maintained, and driven purpose built race cars in national and regional championships, I've got to retract my statement that the 991.2 RS is the pinnacle of Porsche's ability to produce a highly capable track car while not losing street-ability and classic 911 design.

Grant it, I haven't driven it, but holy ****, regardless if it doesn't have the feedback of race cars or that of my 996 GT3, this engineering will hold a drivers attention for a thousand hours!

Another day with the images and words in this debut on my mind could result in a big spend and sale of my 991.2 RS!!
ditto

if I thought there was a dealer that would take my 718 Spyder and 991.2 GT3 for an MSRP 992. GT3RS ... I'd be waiting for the configurator to come online - Euro Delivery a MUST! (Spa + Ring)
Old 08-19-2022 | 10:31 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by inverterman
I really wish I didn't click on this thread. Having owned, maintained, and driven purpose built race cars in national and regional championships, I've got to retract my statement that the 991.2 RS is the pinnacle of Porsche's ability to produce a highly capable track car, while not losing street-ability, and classic 911 design.

Grant it, I haven't driven it, but holy ****, regardless if it doesn't have the feedback of race cars or that of my 996 GT3, this engineering will hold a drivers attention for a thousand hours!

Another day with the images and words in this debut on my mind could result in a big spend, and sale of my 991.2 RS!!
In my personal opinion 991.2 GT3/RS are the best looking modern GT models and would not sell yours for a 992. 997 GT models are now officially 'old school' in my opinion as they have hydraulic steering and no RWS. Looking at your avatar I was thinking how beautiful your car is and how ridiculously over the top newer 992 chassis looks both outside and inside. Everything looks so smooth, so polished and so proportional on the 991.2, the lines of the car just f'ing flows. My dream car is a 991.2 GT3 Touring and would not take a 992 GT3 Touring over it! The new GT3 RS looks too wild for me. If you're tracking a bunch of times a year it could potentially make sense, but most mortals won't be able to extract the true potential of the car. Would give you an advantage in 'who's got the bigger d-ck' contest at Cars & Coffee though
Old 08-20-2022 | 08:22 AM
ddugas01

I prefer having a frunk to store my junk to and from the track. Cooling the engine is great but heating up the driver in today’s climate may be a little dangerous. With all of these gizmo’s, there’s more to go wrong. Carbon fiber roll cage? Really? Most owners of these cars are fat old boys who cashed in for a new toy. 5kg here or there won’t offset the 250lbs in the driver’s seat along with the 175lbs instructor/coach/jealous friend in the passenger seat. Then again, can’t wait to see it on my local COTA track. I’m sure I’ll be green with envy.
The following users liked this post:
MechEngr1287 (08-20-2022)
Old 08-20-2022 | 11:45 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

I am NOT at 250...yet! Fighting the good fight!

Quick Reply: GT3RS Reveal Discussion