Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Looking to buy my first new Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 11:33 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 366 Posts

You're right. I should drink coffee before posting.

Originally Posted by rusmani
Sounds like he was just added to the waitlist for purchase with $5k ASM, didn't see that he put down a $5k deposit. I could be mistaken though.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:38 AM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
You're right. I should drink coffee before posting.
Happens to the best of us
Old 08-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by brandobot
Thank you all for your feedback. I was told about a 2 year wait, which I am totally okay with. I have all the details written in email.
2 year wait means a 2024 MY for this car. While none of us actually know, the rumor going around is that 2023 will be the last MY for the GT4 and Spyder. Porsche will be focusing on the GT4RS for the final 2 years of production before the entire 718 lineup goes EV.

This is further enhanced by the fact that allocations are getting few and far between. Canada so far hasn't seen a single allocation past March, and it seems like allocations in the US are starting to get more scarce. They are happening however I have seen a lot less posts about people getting an allocation recently compared to last year.

I guess my point about this whole thing is, how badly do you want this car? If you wait the 2 years to find out it has stopped production, are you going to regret not getting it when it was available?
Old 08-30-2022, 05:14 PM
NMP
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy my first Porsche as well (timing is horrible ), Is there any ball park of how many GT cars a smaller dealer would get? My local and smaller dealer is asking 10K ADM for a CGTS and I'd be behind 10-12 other people...
Old 08-30-2022, 06:20 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,805 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by NMP
I'm looking to buy my first Porsche as well (timing is horrible ), Is there any ball park of how many GT cars a smaller dealer would get? My local and smaller dealer is asking 10K ADM for a CGTS and I'd be behind 10-12 other people...
Doesn't sound likely. If you want a car the best thing to do is to try with as many dealers as possible and see if one somewhere has an allocation you can get quickly. Or if you don't want to do that contact a broker who can easily locate an allocation for you for a fee.

10-12 people ahead of you on a list at my local dealer would probably be 2 years out which puts you in the land of electric Caymans.

or contact JayEmm, apparently gobs of cars are going unsold where he is and these things are basically future pintos they're so undesirable.
The following users liked this post:
colnagoG60 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 06:31 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,804 Likes on 865 Posts

Here is my opinion. Depending on how bad you want this car, I personally would not put all of my eggs into this one basket. Reason being is, we all know the GT4/Spyder is nearing the end of production so with a 2 year wait, you're going to be right at the end of production or maybe production would have already ended when your number is called. If this was early on in the production cycle say like 2 years and they said it's a 2 year wait, I would have been ok with it but not at this point in the production cycle.

If you really want this car, I would start seriously doing some searches into expanded dealer markets or even using a broker to help you find a car. When I want to buy something that I really want, I very rarely leave it at one opportunity such as relying on one dealer in your case. Benefit of a free market is the ability to shop around but disadvantage is, the seller can price the good as they see fit; hence ADM.

Best of luck. These really are great driving machines.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
bpeacock (08-30-2022), NMP (08-30-2022)

Quick Reply: Looking to buy my first new Porsche