Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Wheel Spacers for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 11:55 PM
toy4speed
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers for GT4

Hello, looking for a suggestion on wheel spacers for the 718 GT4. Preferably hub centric, but not sure how the center hub with those 6 "fingers" acting to center the wheel would work with a spacer. I suppose a flat spacer would be ok, but anything thicker than probably 8-10mm would lose the hub centering ability for wheels.

Tried a set from Flat 6 Motorsports, but their hubcentric product had a cutout in the center of the spacer for about 3 "fingers", iirc. Not more shows on searches for the 718 GT4, hoping someone can provide feedback on a product that has shown to fit properly. Thanks!

Old 07-23-2022, 12:56 AM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4speed
Hello, looking for a suggestion on wheel spacers for the 718 GT4. Preferably hub centric, but not sure how the center hub with those 6 "fingers" acting to center the wheel would work with a spacer. I suppose a flat spacer would be ok, but anything thicker than probably 8-10mm would lose the hub centering ability for wheels.

Tried a set from Flat 6 Motorsports, but their hubcentric product had a cutout in the center of the spacer for about 3 "fingers", iirc. Not more shows on searches for the 718 GT4, hoping someone can provide feedback on a product that has shown to fit properly. Thanks!
I had H and R (7mm black front spacers) on my oem wheels, have since switched to track setup.

They look great!

Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (07-23-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 03:17 AM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 550 Posts

Seems Future Classic are best: https://futureclassic.us/collections...spacer-kit-7mm

I put these on my GTS, no issues.

Last edited by RoadrunnerGTS; 07-23-2022 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:42 AM
toy4speed
Instructor

Thanks! The H & R spacers are hard to find the Trak+ model without lug bolts. Future Classic looks good and the info was much easier to find online. The GT4 stock hub with the 5 lug design makes finding a hub centric type of wheel spacer pretty difficult. Apparently the 3 lug design on the hub is more common. Will give the Future Classics a try!

Old 07-23-2022, 03:48 AM
rp2000r
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 65 Posts

I have FC 7mm on the front and I am happy with them.
Makes the stance perfect on the cayman. I can’t stand the tucked wheels on the front of our cars.

Last edited by rp2000r; 07-23-2022 at 03:49 AM.
jgreen76 (07-25-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 12:40 PM
toy4speed
Instructor

Above is pic of my 718 GT4 hub, with the "5 lugs" forming the center hub. Some spacers are made for a design with "3 lugs" and I wanted that design to maintain a hub centering effect for the wheels. Most wheel spacers are the basic flat style, that just have a round opening in middle, size of the hub diameter. Fine if the spacer is not too thick.

Above is a pic of a wheel spacer for a hub with a "3 lug" style hub. Obviously won't fit my hub, but would work great on a car with the correct design.

This is a flat design 3mm spacer, fits over the "5 lug" design. Basic style. This works fine since the spacer is only 3mm thick, and the wheel is still able to center onto the hub. Running a thicker spacer, maybe 10mm or so, would eliminate most or all of that center hub from centering a wheel, and then the 5 wheel bolts (or studs and nuts) would be providing the wheel centering and securing. Maybe that is fine, but given the chance, I would still prefer to use a spacer that also adds the hub centering feature.

Hopefully, someone will design such a wheel spacer, and make it readily available. It seemed that H&R might have such a thing in their Trak+ models, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet with a reliable source.

For now, with my extended studs, I'll get by with the flat wheel spacer options. Anyone have a good alternative, please share!
Old 07-23-2022, 02:03 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

You do realize that you have 5 positions for rotating the spacer on your studs and one of them will work for the spacers with fingers.

Peter
Old 07-24-2022, 03:28 AM
toy4speed
Instructor

Originally Posted by 85Gold
You do realize that you have 5 positions for rotating the spacer on your studs and one of them will work for the spacers with fingers.

Peter
Nope. As much as I would like to agree with you, I've actually had these and tried to get them to work. Numeric makes nice quality wheel spacers, just not in a fitment for the GT4 hubs, unless you get the flat spacers (which I also have) with no wheel centering design. The center of the 5 open notches on the hubs are at a 72 deg spacing. The centers of the 3 tabs of the Numeric spacers are at 120 deg spacing. No way they will fit.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:04 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Now you have me curious. I have some Rennline 7mm HC spacers I can try. IIRC I have 5mm on the front right now.

Eating Crow is what I get for being snarky. Also looked at Tarett site and they say the 7mm will not work on the 981 GT4.

Peter

Last edited by 85Gold; 07-24-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:48 PM
toy4speed
Instructor

I'm just hoping to learn from others, perhaps offer some info to the forums when possible. This is my first Porsche, and I'm finding that the aftermarket world for P cars is just a tad bit different than most of the other cars I've owned and modded.

The hub centric AND wheel centric spacers by companies such as Numeric are an awesome design, and if they would just make a spacer that has a 5 "finger" wheel centric design that fits between the 5 "fingers" of the hub, that would be ideal. I believe the 3 "finger" spacer design by Numeric is for another model of Porsche, I believe perhaps the 992.

I found another supplier that seems to offer wheel spacers of the simple flat design, and if the spacer is 10mm or greater in thickness possibly a wheel centric design. It makes sense that due to lack of thickness, there is inadequate metal to include a wheel centric lip on the spacers (in the thinner spacers). Waiting to hear back from 4wheelspacers.com. I'm encouraged looking at the website:

Shop All Wheel Spacers - Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, & More! (4wheelspacers.com)

I currently have 3mm and 1mm spacers, really would like a 7 or 8mm size too.

Don
Old 07-24-2022, 08:13 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Rennline offers Flat spacers in 3, 5, 7, 10 and 12mm.

Peter

Last edited by 85Gold; 07-24-2022 at 08:14 PM.
toy4speed (07-25-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 08:24 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

I'm just hoping to learn from others, perhaps offer some info to the forums when possible. This is my first Porsche, and I'm finding that the aftermarket world for P cars is just a tad bit different than most of the other cars I've owned and modded.

The hub centric AND wheel centric spacers by companies such as Numeric are an awesome design, and if they would just make a spacer that has a 5 "finger" wheel centric design that fits between the 5 "fingers" of the hub, that would be ideal. I believe the 3 "finger" spacer design by Numeric is for another model of Porsche, I believe perhaps the 992.

I found another supplier that seems to offer wheel spacers of the simple flat design, and if the spacer is 10mm or greater in thickness possibly a wheel centric design. It makes sense that due to lack of thickness, there is inadequate metal to include a wheel centric lip on the spacers (in the thinner spacers). Waiting to hear back from 4wheelspacers.com. I'm encouraged looking at the website:

Shop All Wheel Spacers - Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, & More! (4wheelspacers.com)

Don
Perhaps stick with spacers that are proven to work on the GT4/GTS. The 7mm Future Classic are amongst those. I know the GTS comes with both 3 & 5 prong hubs, seems earlier models have 3. GT4 seems to be 5.

Also the FC spacers come with 2 x set screws to prevent chance of vibration and movement.

toy4speed (07-25-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 11:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,456 Likes on 2,360 Posts

Many of us have used ECS spacers, either 5 or 7mm on the fronts only.
toy4speed (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 02:22 PM
9eight7
Pro

Received 263 Likes on 184 Posts

Don
Just curious, if you're using a stud kit, why do you need the prongs on the spacers? What will 5 prongs do better than 3 prongs? I have 7mm spacers in front and have never thought about this before and would like to know more about your thought process. I'll be doing some maintenance this weekend and can check what mine are.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:23 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9eight7
Just curious, if you're using a stud kit, why do you need the prongs on the spacers? What will 5 prongs do better than 3 prongs? I have 7mm spacers in front and have never thought about this before and would like to know more about your thought process. I'll be doing some maintenance this weekend and can check what mine are.
Wheels can't be supported by only the studs. The centre bore must also have sufficient support on the hub to avoid vibrations etc.
9eight7 (07-25-2022)

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers for GT4