Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Spyder allocation in States. Got it in a week! True Story!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 09:21 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (07-16-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 09:28 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,142 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
I ninja-edited a couple times. My bad!
Old 07-16-2022, 09:28 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
But to be clear I wasn't actually attacking the Burmester. I just don't think it's necessary at $3500 and I think a lot of folks agree. I'm sure
Where is it a $3500 option; in the US it’s $4690…

What’s necessary on these cars? Love my leather seat backs at $1600…was that necessary?
Old 07-16-2022, 09:32 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Where is it a $3500 option; in the US it’s $4690…

What’s necessary on these cars? Love my leather seat backs at $1600…was that necessary?
It is indeed. Not sure where I got that price from... I was actually considering it for a bit so yeah. Just goes to show my attention to detail.

And yeah, you're definitely a victim too lol...

This is why we have these threads though, right?

edit- I got navigation which is entirely useless and it's the 2nd car I've got it on.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,635 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Ha, I was going to point out the disparity between how you were St Helpful to OP, but gutted me for daring to question what looked like a non-owner’s opinion. lol

All’s well that ends well. There aren’t many traits I respect more than someone who is fair and recognizes their own fallibility.
manifold danger (07-16-2022)
Old 07-16-2022, 10:04 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Adrift
Ha, I was going to point out the disparity between how you were St Helpful to OP, but gutted me for daring to question what looked like a non-owner’s opinion. lol

All’s well that ends well. There aren’t many traits I respect more than someone who is fair and recognizes their own fallibility.
Dude I will **** people off and win them over in the same breath. Been doing it for years- also why I can count on one hand the amount of true friends I have.

But I also pride myself on being honest... with myself.
Adrift (07-16-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 12:26 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken in San Diego
if I try and go CXX to make the seats full leather, any idea as to the cost?
If all you want is the seats then they must be 18-ways or Full-Buckets they cannot be the manual seats. About $9k (as of 2021) gets you full customization: Leather or Sport-Tex, stitching, etc.

My wife's Spyder has no Mouse Fur *except* for the seats because she only likes the 2-way manual Sport Seats Plus.

If you want the Mouse Fur gone from the door panels, dash, or center armrest then add more bucks.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:57 AM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
If all you want is the seats then they must be 18-ways or Full-Buckets they cannot be the manual seats. About $9k (as of 2021) gets you full customization: Leather or Sport-Tex, stitching, etc.

My wife's Spyder has no Mouse Fur *except* for the seats because she only likes the 2-way manual Sport Seats Plus.

If you want the Mouse Fur gone from the door panels, dash, or center armrest then add more bucks.

Thanks. Besides the additional adjustments, is there any differences between the 2-way and 18-way seats? Also, I wonder if it would be cheaper just to put standard full leather 18-way seats later? Of course, the SPYDER stitching would not be there assuming the 18-way full leather seats were meant for the 718 S for example.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:12 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Thanks. Besides the additional adjustments, is there any differences between the 2-way and 18-way seats? Also, I wonder if it would be cheaper just to put standard full leather 18-way seats later? Of course, the SPYDER stitching would not be there assuming the 18-way full leather seats were meant for the 718 S for example.
As far as I'm aware its just the adjustability. The difference comes between the Sport Seats and Sport Seats Plus...however both the Spyder and the GT4 automatically come with Sport Seats Plus as Standard with no way to spec the lower seat.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:16 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by Xxyion
As far as I'm aware its just the adjustability. The difference comes between the Sport Seats and Sport Seats Plus...however both the Spyder and the GT4 automatically come with Sport Seats Plus as Standard with no way to spec the lower seat.
After buying the car, it might just be cheaper to buy the full-leather sport seats from Porsche deal, and install them. I am sure they fit. Then, sell the Spyder seats.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:24 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

After buying the car, it might just be cheaper to buy the full-leather sport seats from Porsche deal, and install them. I am sure they fit. Then, sell the Spyder seats.
You'll probably come out ahead if you do that. I can't see why they wouldn't fit.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Really appreciate your detailed response.

if I try and go CXX to make the seats full leather, any idea as to the cost?

Only concern with silver stitching is getting dirty. Does it clean well?
it will cost a fortune - and it will probably push out our production date ... particularly since Sept is not far away - make sure your SA tells you when your build locks and make sure you make your changes before that or be very disappointed!
Old 07-18-2022, 04:41 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Thanks. Besides the additional adjustments, is there any differences between the 2-way and 18-way seats?
Some people report that the 2-way seats sit a bit lower and are thus good for torso-length-endowed drivers.

Some people report that the 18-way seats are a bit harder and this is not good for those with buttock adipose deficiencies.

Other than that, in a Spyder, no, no differences other than power adjustments.

In Base, S, and GTS (not GT, Spyder or T), 18-way seats automatically come with seat/mirror/steering memory and a power tilt/telescoping wheel. Or, at least they did prior to 2022. For now, everything comes with manual tile/telescope steering 'cause "chip shortage."

Also, I wonder if it would be cheaper just to put standard full leather 18-way seats later?
Unknown. It is something I plan to investigate soon(-ish). Given how replacement seat parts are priced the answer may be... not. I haven't found, on-line, anything that provides a price for a complete seat replacement. My *bet* is that replacement seats are about $4500 each plus shipping.

Used market is a possibility if you aren't too picky.

A lot of this depends upon your time/money trade-off.

In my case, I would have be fine paying the CXX premium, but CarChick absolutely wanted the manual seats.

Of course, the SPYDER stitching would not be there assuming the 18-way full leather seats were meant for the 718 S for example.
Correct.

... and install them. I am sure they fit. Then, sell the Spyder seats.
Yup. And 991/981/718 seat will bolt in. I do NOT know if there are wiring issues with a seat intended for a "memory" car going into a "no-memory" car. However, there do not appear to be different wiring harness for manual/power/memory/no-memory.

Ken in San Diego (07-19-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 05:53 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Congrats.
Should be a bunch of MSRP allocations this quarter.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:00 AM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Congrats.
Should be a bunch of MSRP allocations this quarter.
If you can get one…..

Quick Reply: Spyder allocation in States. Got it in a week! True Story!