Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 09:35 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheNut454
Uh oh…Rubystar Neo just released on US config as standard colour palette….
Feel bad for anyone that paid for PTS in ruby star in the US- hopefully Porsche makes it right.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:22 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Uh oh…Rubystar Neo just released on US config as standard colour palette….
Wow, that's a bit of a surprise!

Ruby Star (vs. Ruby Star Neo) still shows as a PTS option... A bit different, at least in the renderings.

Ruby Star PTS:

Ruby Star Neo:

And a non-rendered PTS Ruby Star... Really not that close to either, but closer to the rendered neo?

Last edited by pfbz; 11-01-2022 at 10:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KLCC 88 (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 10:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 825 Posts

Uh oh…Rubystar Neo just released on US config as optional non PTS colour palette….
FIFY
Old 11-02-2022, 12:11 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
Feel bad for anyone that paid for PTS in ruby star in the US- hopefully Porsche makes it right.
That would be me. I’m not happy at all.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:20 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by greatfox315
That would be me. I’m not happy at all.
This was leaked on the forums at least 6months+ ago. Unfortunately this is how the cookie crumbles, similar to people buying Voodoo Blue cars and Shark Blue coming out.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:09 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by cooler2442
This was leaked on the forums at least 6months+ ago. Unfortunately this is how the cookie crumbles, similar to people buying Voodoo Blue cars and Shark Blue coming out.
Sadly I was not aware. Had I known, I would have picked a different color. At least Porsche had the decency to give the blues completely different names. Ruby Star Neo is the laziest color name ever.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:23 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by pfbz
Wow, that's a bit of a surprise!

Ruby Star (vs. Ruby Star Neo) still shows as a PTS option... A bit different, at least in the renderings.

Ruby Star PTS:

Ruby Star Neo:

And a non-rendered PTS Ruby Star... Really not that close to either, but closer to the rendered neo?

Ruby Star Neo is an almost dead ringer for Ruby Star. See this photo from Porsche’s press release:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_AU/2...n-2-30231.html
Old 11-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Scrounger
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 60 Posts

Suncoast sells them under the GT4RS section
I’m not in the US I’m afraid so Suncoast is no good to me. My OPC will order them but I just need the part numbers
Old 11-02-2022, 06:40 AM
Prime
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 97 Posts

The change from frozen berry metallic to ruby star neo as standard paint has been discussed here numerous times over the last few months. So not really a surprise…

Ultimately it’s a different colour. The chance of getting compensation from Porsche is probably near zero.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:45 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
Does anyone know if the Porsche lettering on the rear window is removable?
I believe the lettering is actually embedded in the glass.
Odin (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 11:18 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by Prime
The change from frozen berry metallic to ruby star neo as standard paint has been discussed here numerous times over the last few months. So not really a surprise…

Ultimately it’s a different colour. The chance of getting compensation from Porsche is probably near zero.
Not everyone lives on the internet. My dealer told me nothing about the upcoming color and didn’t believe me after I told them of the rumor once I found out (build was locked by that point). Also, since frozen berry was not available on the GT4 RS, I had no reason to believe Ruby Star Neo would be added as a new color to replace it.

Put yourself in my shoes for a minute.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:20 AM
PorscheNut454
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by greatfox315
Not everyone lives on the internet. My dealer told me nothing about the upcoming color and didn’t believe me after I told them of the rumor once I found out (build was locked by that point). Also, since frozen berry was not available on the GT4 RS, I had no reason to believe Ruby Star Neo would be added as a new color to replace it.

Put yourself in my shoes for a minute.
Sorry to hear man. You can try reaching out to Porsche Customer Relations and see what they can do it. Even if its something like throwing in a prepaid maintenance plan. It is frustrating to say the least considering how much money one spends on PTS to be a rare/exclusive spec only to have it come out as a normal option on the palette.
greatfox315 (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 11:27 AM
greatfox315
Instructor

Sorry to hear man. You can try reaching out to Porsche Customer Relations and see what they can do it. Even if its something like throwing in a prepaid maintenance plan. It is frustrating to say the least considering how much money one spends on PTS to be a rare/exclusive spec only to have it come out as a normal option on the palette.
Thanks for the empathy.

I haven’t yet signed the purchase contract, so this car may end up being an orphan if I don’t get a resolution. Feeling really terrible about all this hassle for nothing.

Last edited by greatfox315; 11-02-2022 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:35 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Honestly, what's the big deal? It's not the exact same colour. It's like I PTS Arctic Silver on a car then Porsche updated the standard palette to include a slightly different shade of silver but with silver in the name. There are only so many primary colours in the world and all other colours are just different shades of the primaries.

There are 50 shades of grey, 50 shades of yellow from Porsche, 50 shades of reds, 50 shades of green, 50 shades of blue, hence even white has numerous shades from Porsche too, metallic or non metallic.

Ruby Star is Ruby Star, there is no substitute, Ruby Star Neo means new Ruby Star, they reformulate the paint but kept the Ruby Star in it.

I ordered Viola Metallic, should I be upset Porsche also offers Viola Purple Metallic, Viola Blue Metallic just because they contains the word Viola and are also purple hued?

Ever since the 992 appeared, Ruby Star had been one of the most popular PTS paint, it's not like it's one of those rare paint job. It's only natural for Porsche to try to mainstream that colour.

You have Ruby Star, the unique PTS colour, you knew it, knowledgable Porsche people know it, and that's enough. If a Ruby Star Neo car shows up, you guys will be able to stay that's a clone of the Ruby Star but it's not and it's a lot cheaper etc.

You should be glad there is only one shade that's close to your PTS colour. Go ask those blue Porsche people, the Porsche blues are a lot closer in shades, or the slivers.
The following 3 users liked this post by Whoopsy:
hahaleung (11-03-2022), RealityGT (11-02-2022), very green R (11-24-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 12:45 PM
greatfox315
Instructor

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Honestly, what's the big deal? It's not the exact same colour. It's like I PTS Arctic Silver on a car then Porsche updated the standard palette to include a slightly different shade of silver but with silver in the name. There are only so many primary colours in the world and all other colours are just different shades of the primaries.

There are 50 shades of grey, 50 shades of yellow from Porsche, 50 shades of reds, 50 shades of green, 50 shades of blue, hence even white has numerous shades from Porsche too, metallic or non metallic.

Ruby Star is Ruby Star, there is no substitute, Ruby Star Neo means new Ruby Star, they reformulate the paint but kept the Ruby Star in it.

I ordered Viola Metallic, should I be upset Porsche also offers Viola Purple Metallic, Viola Blue Metallic just because they contains the word Viola and are also purple hued?

Ever since the 992 appeared, Ruby Star had been one of the most popular PTS paint, it's not like it's one of those rare paint job. It's only natural for Porsche to try to mainstream that colour.

You have Ruby Star, the unique PTS colour, you knew it, knowledgable Porsche people know it, and that's enough. If a Ruby Star Neo car shows up, you guys will be able to stay that's a clone of the Ruby Star but it's not and it's a lot cheaper etc.

You should be glad there is only one shade that's close to your PTS colour. Go ask those blue Porsche people, the Porsche blues are a lot closer in shades, or the slivers.
If you had picked PTS Viola Metallic and Porsche offered a non-PTS $3400 color called Viola Purple metallic right before delivery of your car and the colors were nearly indistinguishable, then yes you would be upset.

Two things are wrong with your analogy:

1. BOTH Viola Metallic and Viola Purple Metallic are PTS hues. Thus rarity is ensured not only by the cost, but also by the nature of PTS being limited in allocation (not everyone who wants it gets a PTS build slot). It’s not the same as comparing a PTS to a non PTS color since the non PTS color will be much more common.

2. Viola Metallic and Viola Purple Metallic look nothing alike. One is super dark, and the other is very light. Nobody would mistake the two colors.

My top three picks were Hellgrün, Viola Purple Metallic, and Ruby Star. Indeed I went with Ruby Star because I love it, but also because I *thought* it would be rather exclusive and rare. The rarity element is basically gone. The colors are nearly indistinguishable from each other, and it’s available as a $3400 option across the 718, and 911 range all the way down to a base Boxster.

can you see a difference in color in this Porsche press photo? Ruby Star Neo is on the Boxster:

Last edited by greatfox315; 11-02-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion