Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
I think 35-40 over was the 'get it now' hype pricing. I am fine getting a later produced car in winter. My dealer is an MSRP dealer, i guess my hope is that the hype has died down enough for the guys 'in front of me' to move on to the next shiny thing. I do think ADM is falling quickly on the SRS though.
The spyder has always had less demand than the gt4. this one will be no different.
The following users liked this post:
DodoBrd (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 934 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
The next round will be the last round. Don’t expect any price relief, especially as more reviews proclaim best sports car at any price.

Better start calling now
take all that journalisming with a grain of salt, they are just looking for clicks. No doubt the SRS is great and the anti-thesis to my touring (coupe, 6mt, rear engine, etc), but hype doesn't seem to last very long on PDK. I could be wrong with this one though
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayson
Cars are available to order with a $20-$30 ADM right now, doesn't make sense to bid up on a weird BAT spec. Maybe in a year when they are out of production.
I was referencing this auction (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...8-spyder-rs-4/), are you saying this is a 'weird BAT spec'? Why? it looks pretty well put together.
Zoomzoom8 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
Journeyman73
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

i think the get it now hyped pricing was pretty far above 35k
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 248 Posts

I was referencing this auction (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...8-spyder-rs-4/), are you saying this is a 'weird BAT spec'? Why? it looks pretty well put together.
That is a very specific spec that won't appeal to everyone. Personally, I didn't like it and wouldn't want it. I'm sure someone would really like it but they weren't involved in bidding as in any auction the right parties need to be interested and bidding in order to get the price to where it needed to be for the seller. The other dealers were bidding pretty close to the end so there is more room for profit in their eyes. The ADM market on the SRS is not crashing as some would have you believe. There have always been MSRP dealers and in certain regional markets that is what it will take to sell the car. In others an ADM will be necessary to get it. I would expect anywhere from $25-50K on the SRS. If the GT4RS is still getting $25K ADM's there is no reason the SRS wouldn't get more. There are way more GT4RS's available.
Jay Cordeiro (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 835 Posts

Just talked to one of the dealers here in Los Angeles that's a top 10 dealer nationwide by volume and they sold every single Spyder RS allocation available at 50k+ over and have a customer ready to pay 60k over for his own allocation but they can't find a dealer to trade them one. He said he'd be happy to buy an allocation from a dealer for 30k over right now and since he can turn around to sell it for 60k.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,840 Likes on 2,171 Posts

take all that journalisming with a grain of salt, they are just looking for clicks. No doubt the SRS is great and the anti-thesis to my touring (coupe, 6mt, rear engine, etc), but hype doesn't seem to last very long on PDK. I could be wrong with this one though
It’s not just social media, but owners with an eye watering portfolio of cars saying it.

CJ Ichiban says the Spyder RS is a better GT3T that the GT3T.
Airbag997 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mwar99
That is a very specific spec that won't appeal to everyone. Personally, I didn't like it and wouldn't want it. I'm sure someone would really like it but they weren't involved in bidding as in any auction the right parties need to be interested and bidding in order to get the price to where it needed to be for the seller. The other dealers were bidding pretty close to the end so there is more room for profit in their eyes. The ADM market on the SRS is not crashing as some would have you believe. There have always been MSRP dealers and in certain regional markets that is what it will take to sell the car. In others an ADM will be necessary to get it. I would expect anywhere from $25-50K on the SRS. If the GT4RS is still getting $25K ADM's there is no reason the SRS wouldn't get more. There are way more GT4RS's available.
one would say this Ruby Star Spyder that sold for $60k over MSRP in July is even more polarizing than the green one that didn’t bid past $15k in September. All I’m saying is there’s definitely a softening happening. Maybe not ‘crashing’ as you put it but the hype is dying down. Sorry for all the folks here that bought the hype and now feel like they need to justify their ADM, you got the car you shouldn’t care
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Just talked to one of the dealers here in Los Angeles that's a top 10 dealer nationwide by volume and they sold every single Spyder RS allocation available at 50k+ over and have a customer ready to pay 60k over for his own allocation but they can't find a dealer to trade them one. He said he'd be happy to buy an allocation from a dealer for 30k over right now and since he can turn around to sell it for 60k.
you should’ve told them there was a PTS Weissach SRS on BAT that didn’t get about $15k and try to make a deal
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
It’s not just social media, but owners with an eye watering portfolio of cars saying it.

CJ Ichiban says the Spyder RS is a better GT3T that the GT3T.
it’s a great car, that’s why I decided to look for one
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 835 Posts

you should’ve told them there was a PTS Weissach SRS on BAT that didn’t get about $15k and try to make a deal
They said customers don't want someone else's spec and will pay a premium to spec their own which is why they've sold every single one at 50+ and have more lined up to pay that. I have one coming at MSRP which they know about so no reason for him to try and sell me on it. They said as soon as they see another dealer offering one for 30 over they will just buy that allocation themselves.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cooler2442
They said customers don't want someone else's spec and will pay a premium to spec their own which is why they've sold every single one at 50+ and have more lined up to pay that. I have one coming at MSRP which they know about so no reason for him to try and sell me on it. They said as soon as they see another dealer offering one for 30 over they will just buy that allocation themselves.
there seems to be a plethora at $25-$30k over based on what folks are saying here
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 443 Likes on 248 Posts

one would say this Ruby Star Spyder that sold for $60k over MSRP in July is even more polarizing than the green one that didn’t bid past $15k in September. All I’m saying is there’s definitely a softening happening. Maybe not ‘crashing’ as you put it but the hype is dying down. Sorry for all the folks here that bought the hype and now feel like they need to justify their ADM, you got the car you shouldn’t care
I’m not trying to justify an ADM, didn’t pay one. The Ruby Star had the right people bidding on it, the viper green did not. Doesn’t seem like any softening to me that is making any difference. Maybe when some more allocations come out but when the top dealers can’t get enough allocations it’s seems counter intuitive that the market would soften.
Old Today, 02:21 AM
Journeyman73
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

there seems to be a plethora at $25-$30k over based on what folks are saying here
i havent found one for less than 30k…so dont know about a plethora
Old Today, 07:59 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Where I am, GT4 RS’s with under 1000km are going for 30-50K USD under MSRP.
Booth9999 (Today)

Quick Reply: GT4RS Deliveries and Production Discussion