Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024 | 12:55 PM
Andrew_PSD
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Astraelraen
Burning question.... is the 996 turbo parked right next to it the same size or smaller than a 718 Spyder???
996 is smaller overall. Spyder is longer and wider
Old 09-10-2024 | 01:22 PM
jskup1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andrew_PSD
Anyone interested in a Artic Grey 4RS or Spyder? Both on ground.
Any info on the 4RS? I don't see it on your website.
Old 09-10-2024 | 02:22 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Very interesting offer here.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/r4J...utm_campaign=n
Old 09-10-2024 | 02:36 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andrew_PSD
996 is smaller overall. Spyder is longer and wider
I seem to recall comparing and they were very close in size.

Old 09-10-2024 | 06:11 PM
matt0520
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jamie140
6 days left and already lots of interest
Old 09-11-2024 | 11:30 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matt0520
6 days left and already lots of interest
Four days left, almost at MSRP.
Old 09-12-2024 | 10:38 AM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
someone got awfully quiet

Porsche Plano
Porsche Dallas
Porsche Grapevine
Autobahn Porsche
Porsche San Diego
Porsche DTLA

all either don’t have allocations or want $25k-$40k.

your turn.

I did

YOU WONT
@welikethetrack waiting to hear about all these dealers at MSRP or a little above.
Old 09-12-2024 | 10:42 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

@welikethetrack waiting to hear about all these dealers at MSRP or a little above.
To play devil's advocate here, my local dealers are all MSRP. However, good luck getting an allocation. I am on the list but there are bigger fish above me and unless someone drops out no way I'm getting one. I only got my Spyder allocation as they determined someone above me was a flipper or not local so they jumped the line. They actually had a customer's car delivered that he had put for sale on the other side of the country before taking delivery. Because the customer used the vin, they found the ad and refused to deliver to him as they make you sign a first right of refusal clause for all GT cars and if you do flip, you will be blacklisted.

So, plenty of MSRP dealers, no available inventory unless you are a VIP with them. I had serviced my 997s with them so they knew I was local. If I was fo get a SRS allocation, they want my Spyder back and offered me $10k under MSRP so you could consider that ADM but any dealer will offer you under MSRP on trade.

Last edited by MaddMike; 09-12-2024 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2024 | 11:10 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaddMike
...they want my Spyder back and offered me $10k under MSRP so you could consider that ADM but any dealer will offer you under MSRP on trade.
If you ever sell your Spyder, please let me know. Gotta love a Shark Spyder!
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (09-13-2024)
Old 09-12-2024 | 02:57 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MaddMike
To play devil's advocate here, my local dealers are all MSRP. However, good luck getting an allocation. I am on the list but there are bigger fish above me and unless someone drops out no way I'm getting one. I only got my Spyder allocation as they determined someone above me was a flipper or not local so they jumped the line. They actually had a customer's car delivered that he had put for sale on the other side of the country before taking delivery. Because the customer used the vin, they found the ad and refused to deliver to him as they make you sign a first right of refusal clause for all GT cars and if you do flip, you will be blacklisted.

So, plenty of MSRP dealers, no available inventory unless you are a VIP with them. I had serviced my 997s with them so they knew I was local. If I was fo get a SRS allocation, they want my Spyder back and offered me $10k under MSRP so you could consider that ADM but any dealer will offer you under MSRP on trade.
Absolutely, there are many dealers that sell at MSRP for good customers. But @welikethetrack is saying something totally different... he thinks if you just call around to random dealerships you can score an MSRP deal. He asked me to call 5 dealers, I called 6, and I either got >$20k ADM or no allocations. So, I am just waiting to hear from him where all these allocations are close to MSRP just waiting for someone to call.
MaddMike (09-13-2024)
Old 09-12-2024 | 06:32 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Manheim Nashville tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2024 | 12:36 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Absolutely, there are many dealers that sell at MSRP for good customers. But @welikethetrack is saying something totally different... he thinks if you just call around to random dealerships you can score an MSRP deal. He asked me to call 5 dealers, I called 6, and I either got >$20k ADM or no allocations. So, I am just waiting to hear from him where all these allocations are close to MSRP just waiting for someone to call.
You can’t help people that don’t want to help
themselves, you clearly are not looking for a car (maybe already own one?) I didn’t respond because if you called those would have found what you were looking for, so it’s obvious you did not.

my dealer in LA sold the last one for 10-11 over, they don’t think they’ll get that on the next one, many will
play ball at 15 over and if you called that list you would
have found that, I know that for a fact btw and I’ve only spoken to two of them coincidentally (literally someone on that list is asking 15 over…). If you look hard enough you’ll find one at an msrp dealer from a backout, you won’t be able to order at msrp at this point. Not naming anyone due to you being a complete troll and not doing what I told you to and clearly not
being in the market. If you actually are you can PM me

Last edited by welikethetrack; 09-14-2024 at 12:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
Henry I. (09-14-2024), Lucifer (09-14-2024)
Old 09-14-2024 | 04:33 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

I did that for the Spyder, and it worked for me. I had zero prior relationship, it wasn't a local dealership, and it was my first Porsche. My Spyder's VIN was one of the last to ever leave the factory, so it was as last-minute as it gets. I assume that if I had decided earlier that the Spyder was indeed what I wanted, it would have been significantly easier. I also found a local dealer to help with courtesy-delivery, so I didn't pay for shipping either. Again, zero prior relationship with that dealer. Literally just being polite, a decent human being and call around.

Last edited by Lucifer; 09-14-2024 at 04:49 PM.
Henry I. (09-14-2024)
Old 09-14-2024 | 05:11 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
I did that for the Spyder, and it worked for me. I had zero prior relationship, it wasn't a local dealership, and it was my first Porsche. My Spyder's VIN was one of the last to ever leave the factory, so it was as last-minute as it gets. I assume that if I had decided earlier that the Spyder was indeed what I wanted, it would have been significantly easier. I also found a local dealer to help with courtesy-delivery, so I didn't pay for shipping either. Again, zero prior relationship with that dealer. Literally just being polite, a decent human being and call around.
Many/most on here did the same for Spyder/GT4.

Not applicable to an RS allocation which was being discussed.
DodoBrd (09-15-2024)
Old 09-14-2024 | 06:57 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Many/most on here did the same for Spyder/GT4.

Not applicable to an RS allocation which was being discussed.
The principal is the same, and back then it was $20k ADM instead of $50k (which is actually around the same portion of the car).
rwm (09-15-2024)

Quick Reply: New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale