Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

MY23 GT4/Spyder Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 08:57 PM
AlpineR
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
He's in Australia, dealers allow you to spec a car and sign a contract with the purchase price on it. I assume he's received comm's from PCA that they'll build his car as soon as they are able to and the dealership will be in contact at the time. @AlpineR is that correct?

Some additional colours would be nice, i.e. slate grey not being just PTS and some increase in standard options. Who knows?

spot on @1q2w3e4r , in Australia, for those who are not, one is encouraged very strongly to purchase in State and the dealers interstate are not “allowed” to sell to you without proof of local residency. As such it is almost impossible to shop around. To say it is unfair is an understatement.

all that said you get a “deal” and sign a contract and wait for the slot if there’s isn’t one currently available. With all the Covid/chip/ship sinking/ and sadly war, getting a slot may be never in the current Spyder.

To bide the time I bought a new TTRS yesterday, sigh.
Old 03-14-2022, 12:54 PM
phow
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
No one's waiting on a MY22 allocation. They're just waiting on an allocation for a GT4 or whatever MY it happens to be when they get it is what it happens to be.
That’s simply not true. There are many dealers that I’m aware of that have been selling (adm) future allocations for MY22 before the allocations have been issued. These dealers provide you with a sales contract that states the MSRP, MY, and ADM.

What you are referring to is a “waitlist” where a clients information is simply added to a list the dealer goes down once they have been issued an allocation. In this scenario generally there are no sales contracts issued.

These are two totally different things.

The issue is that most dealers oversell their allocations and those on the waitlist get bumped further down the line.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:26 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by phow
That’s simply not true. There are many dealers that I’m aware of that have been selling (adm) future allocations for MY22 before the allocations have been issued. These dealers provide you with a sales contract that states the MSRP, MY, and ADM.
You just described a waitlist.

Anything other than a buildable allocation is nothing more that an expression of desire and is “listed”.
The following 3 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
ausgang (03-14-2022), FASTRKMAN (03-14-2022), UncleDude (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 01:31 PM
phow
Pro

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
You just described a waitlist.

Anything other than a buildable allocation is nothing more that an expression of desire and is “listed”.
Yes, but there are two different ways they are handled and that is what I was describing in my reply. One is for a specific allocation with a sales contract while the other is nothing more than a name, phone number, and/or email.

The member I was responding to claimed there is no one waiting on a MY22 allocation and that is simply not true as there are those that currently have sales contracts for MY22 allocations and are still waiting on the dealer to receive the allocation. If the dealer over estimates how many allocations they will receive, these sales contracts will get bumped.

Last edited by phow; 03-14-2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:42 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, but there are two different ways they are handled and that is what I was describing in my reply. One is for a specific allocation with a sales contract while the other is nothing more than a name, phone number, and/or email.

The member I was responding to claimed there is no one waiting on a MY22 allocation and that is simply not true as there are those that currently have sales contracts for MY22 allocations and are still waiting on the dealer to receive the allocation. If the dealer over estimates how many allocations they will receive, these sales contracts will get bumped.
There is no “specific allocation” until a dealer receives an allocation. Dealers may have a general idea that they’ll receive something in the next drop, but not much more.

It’s all the same. Lots of people put down deposits, get POs, and are told your #1,2,3 etc. Dealers may even put down MY so they don’t have to absorb a new MY price increase.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:59 PM
phow
Pro

There is no “specific allocation” until a dealer receives an allocation. Dealers may have a general idea that they’ll receive something in the next drop, but not much more.

It’s all the same. Lots of people put down deposits, get POs, and are told your #1,2,3 etc. Dealers may even put down MY so they don’t have to absorb a new MY price increase.
Let me try and explain this again…

There are dealers (not all of them) that are essentially taking orders without yet having the allocation. They are telling customers they will have an allocation for them in X month and here is their sales contract which states the price, MY, and ADM.

This is not a traditional waitlist. This is a sales contract based on anticipated allocations the dealer believes are incoming.

I was only trying to point out to the other poster that there are those that are in fact waiting on a MY22 allocation per their signed sales contract that a dealer is anticipating but does not yet have.

I really don’t understand what we are arguing about.

Old 03-14-2022, 03:02 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Let me try to explain this again…lol.

You either have a V200 allocation or you don’t.

Everyone else is waiting. The only special list is those will to pay big ADM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
FASTRKMAN (03-14-2022), UncleDude (03-14-2022), Zhao (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 03:05 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,455 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by AlpineR
Taking a leaf from Ol mate @Adrift to waste some wait time, no sign of my car, no build slot even (contract executed Aug 21). Estimate was 9 months from my order date, yeh…… nah.

anyways, I’m thinking late this year or next, who knows, but wanted to get the goss/rumors might be for MY23 cars.
  • colours
  • options
  • new standard jnclusions
  • etc

any ideas or cleaning lady input?
My prediction is there won't be a 2023 GT4.

Last edited by remington; 03-14-2022 at 03:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by remington:
Spyder718 (03-14-2022), Thefullsend (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 03:12 PM
phow
Pro

Let me try to explain this again…lol.

You either have a V200 allocation or you don’t.

Everyone else is waiting. The only special list is those will to pay big ADM.
Well that’s not what I was saying at all in my reply to the other poster. A reply which you have inserted yourself in to prove some other point that I was not making or trying to make.

Again, for the last time, my only point is that there are those with signed sales contracts waiting on 2022 cars. That’s all.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:21 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,253 Posts

nevermind

Last edited by UncleDude; 03-14-2022 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2022, 06:37 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Rumors are going both ways. A lot of unknowns right now for MY23. A very large US dealer that gets a large % of GT car allocations has moved all GT4/Spyder waitlist to GTS4.0. Their exact words are that MY23 is not happening and if it does, allocations will be so few that they don't feel it's ethical to keep anyone on a list where they may never see a car.

Other dealers are taking deposits and making lists with no confirmed allocations (interest-free money right there) for 2023.

Of course, 2023 could still happen and be a full production run model year. Who knows. But if you want a GT4/Spyder, the answer is not to put your eggs in the 2023 MY allocation basket. There is a long list of buyers still waiting on their 2022 allocations, all sorts of unknowns in the world right now. There is a high probability that if 2023 does happen, a big % of those cars will be going to people who were on 2022 MY lists and got bumped.
Just got off the phone with my SA. They just received a couple GT4 allocations, which is lower than they expected. So, the obvious take away here is that GT4 allocations are still being doled out and that is great news. They may be fewer than before but we will take what Porsche gives us and we will like it, dammit!
Old 03-14-2022, 07:01 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Well that’s not what I was saying at all in my reply to the other poster. A reply which you have inserted yourself in to prove some other point that I was not making or trying to make.

Again, for the last time, my only point is that there are those with signed sales contracts waiting on 2022 cars. That’s all.
Perhaps TXshaggy's point is that there cannot be a contract for something that does not yet exist, and may never exist. Once a dealer receives an allocation and assigns it to a customer --- then things get real. He's striving for clarity it would appear.
The following 2 users liked this post by ausgang:
FASTRKMAN (03-14-2022), Zhao (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 08:09 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
Perhaps TXshaggy's point is that there cannot be a contract for something that does not yet exist, and may never exist. Once a dealer receives an allocation and assigns it to a customer --- then things get real. He's striving for clarity it would appear.
Yup well said, sounds like my GT3 V070 explained in detail!.
Old 03-14-2022, 08:18 PM
phow
Pro

Originally Posted by ausgang
This is exactly my point… Dealers are engaging in this unethical practice and those that think they may be getting a 2022 MY and have paperwork stating they will, may actually never get a car.

TXshaggy was making a point that never needed making. I was engaging in a discussion with another member that was not aware of this practice.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:42 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

This is exactly my point… Dealers are engaging in this unethical practice and those that think they may be getting a 2022 MY and have paperwork stating they will, may actually never get a car.

TXshaggy was making a point that never needed making. I was engaging in a discussion with another member that was not aware of this practice.
TXshaggy just said what I said but better and in multiple different ways. A sales agreement and 'allocation' without v200 is smoke and mirrors. The dealer may be fairly confident based off allocations they normally get of being able to honor their agreement but there is no way it's set in stone. Porsche tells dealerships what they get not the other way around and sometimes there are dry spells on allocations on models. So having a sales agreement for a specific model year is fluff, because in this next round of allocations some people are likely going to get MY22s and others MY23s in the same release just like happened last year.

Quick Reply: MY23 GT4/Spyder Changes