Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Is the GTS 4.0 the GT3 Touring counterpart to the GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 04:24 PM
easter
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, the answer lies within your heart.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (11-24-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 12:40 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by c1pher
I will just say that the GTS4.0/GT4 is one heck of a sports car and occupies a fairly unique space. There are certainly other two seat sports cars out there but are either much heavier and less maneuverable, more hardcore and not as easy to live with, or smaller with much less power and handling.
This is true - these cars are spectacular. Throw in some thoughtful mods to the exhaust, suspension, alignment, tires, aero and they become mind bending. Not many cars in this price range (with this style and reliability) you can run to the piggly wiggly and fill the frunk and the trunk and the next day beat the crap out of doing 140mph on a track then rinse and repeat. The only thing these cars may not be great for are long road trips over say 2 hours. Maybe the GTS can do it but not the GT4 - daily drive (not commute) yes, long road trip mmm no thx.

Last edited by dnimi123; 11-24-2022 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2022, 01:05 AM
FLCAYMAN
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
This is true - these cars are spectacular. Throw in some thoughtful mods to the exhaust, suspension, alignment, tires, aero and they become mind bending. Not many cars in this price range (with this style and reliability) you can run to the piggly wiggly and fill the frunk and the trunk and the next day beat the crap out of doing 140mph on a track then rinse and repeat. The only thing these cars may not be great for are long road trips over say 2 hours. Maybe the GTS can do it but not the GT4 - daily drive (not commute) yes, long road trip mmm no thx.
The GTS is a great road-tripping vehicle. I made a 7 hour drive, one I’ve done many times in other cars, and arrived more comfortable than ever. Very pleased.
Old 11-24-2022, 02:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Obviously the comments span the spectrum here, but there is certainly an argument for the GTS to be the touring version, just lacking the suspension but that’s not a huge difference between the models. For myself, I went with the GTS because mine is mostly a track car and don’t have a need for the GT4 up charge.
Old 11-24-2022, 02:42 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 393 Posts

Obviously, everyone has a different experience and perspective. I have a 981 GT4 with LWBS and have had no problem on an eight-hour road trip and loved every minute of it. It also has tons of storage space. (I drove from NJ to northern VT and set Waze to avoid highways. It was an amazing drive.)
Old 11-24-2022, 03:04 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I have standard SS+ seats and have done many trips to the canyons that take roughly 3 hours or more without issues. The cabin is small, especially in the convertible counterparts, and when you add the high raised center console it gets a bit claustrophobic with the top up.

Quick Reply: Is the GTS 4.0 the GT3 Touring counterpart to the GT4?