Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

LOST 10 HP with JCR EXHAUST (Non-silences Valved Race Pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 09:37 PM
lovetoturn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,118 Likes on 551 Posts

Well said. "In my personal experience with exhaust stuff, the gains will nearly always be larger than zero but smaller than what the manufacturer says it is."

I can say from personal experience though that Porscheftat6's GT4 with JCR's full exhaust hauls ***.

Last edited by lovetoturn; 11-03-2021 at 09:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lovetoturn:
F1Live (03-11-2023), josephr25 (12-12-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 04:57 PM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 552 Posts

Old 11-04-2021, 05:07 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by lovetoturn
I can say from personal experience though that Porscheftat6's GT4 with JCR's full exhaust hauls ***.
And in my opinion, this is what matters above all else

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
Alpha Ice (11-05-2021), Frank Torres (11-19-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Nish G.
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

We have a customer who is willing to help with the data gathering so we will be completing the back to back dyno at an independent dyno shop with proper testing techniques and logs and will follow up / back up each result with 100-200kph runs. 100% stock 718 GT4 with only our rear silencer replacement and approx 5000 miles.

As part of the dyno test we will also log AIT's and run with and without fans to demonstrate the point that im making above.

Planning to be able to get this test completed on 20th of this month, everything within one day. It's a little more difficult as im not prepared to run / publish 100-200kph testing on the road. Tests mean nothing without accompanying video of the run so we will be completing the runs on track at Donington Park.

JC
Really excited to see the results of these tests. Personally, I am very happy with my JCR rear section and have no problems recommending it to others. I didn't buy it for performance improvements, only for the amazing sound (IMO it's tied with Kline for best sounding exhaust available), but it would be a nice bonus to see some comprehensive performance data.
The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

I just installed the JCR non-silenced rear section. To me, the biggest selling points are the impeccable built quality and the tremendous sound. It is only the rear section but it changed the tone from all RPM ranges completely with nearly no adverse effects (i.e. drones, raspy, etc.).
I also found that with the JCR exhaust, the ticking noise from the engine is less noticeable.
My verdict: the JCR exhaust will add a virtual 2k rpm to the actual engine rpm from a sound perspective with a very classy tone. It is, IMO, the best after-market exhaust for the 982 4.0 platform.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dr.JDK:
Alpha Ice (11-05-2021), jamgolf (06-17-2024), JCR-Porsche (11-06-2021), Nish G. (11-06-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 03:54 PM
MannyLon
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
I just installed the JCR non-silenced rear section. To me, the biggest selling points are the impeccable built quality and the tremendous sound. It is only the rear section but it changed the tone from all RPM ranges completely with nearly no adverse effects (i.e. drones, raspy, etc.).
I also found that with the JCR exhaust, the ticking noise from the engine is less noticeable.
My verdict: the JCR exhaust will add a virtual 2k rpm to the actual engine rpm from a sound perspective with a very classy tone. It is, IMO, the best after-market exhaust for the 982 4.0 platform.
Bold statement
Old 11-19-2021, 01:19 AM
4lflat6
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xstnte
I had the opposite occur, the car gained almost 30hp from the JCR exhaust manifold—everything else being stock. The gains and change in power delivery were like two different cars, I should probably make my own thread as not to hijack this one, but was incredibly surprised how much the JCR headers uncorked the engine,
Yeah headers are more likely to add power than the backbox.. I really can't comment on headers, or JCR race pipes in conjunction with OAP. Just saying the JCR racepipes alone, in my car led to power reduction.
964C4 (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 01:25 AM
4lflat6
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 11 Posts

I really doubt that logged / PIWIS measured AIT's matched ambient temp within a couple of decimal points, thats almost impossible, especially with no fans by the side air intakes.

We have a customer who is willing to help with the data gathering so we will be completing the back to back dyno at an independent dyno shop with proper testing techniques and logs and will follow up / back up each result with 100-200kph runs. 100% stock 718 GT4 with only our rear silencer replacement and approx 5000 miles.

As part of the dyno test we will also log AIT's and run with and without fans to demonstrate the point that im making above.

Planning to be able to get this test completed on 20th of this month, everything within one day. It's a little more difficult as im not prepared to run / publish 100-200kph testing on the road. Tests mean nothing without accompanying video of the run so we will be completing the runs on track at Donington Park.

JC
Can you please make good on this promise and share the outcome of this test? I am very curious to see any indication of performance gain for the JCR Non-silenced Race Pipes alone other than the Spyder.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4lflat6
Can you please make good on this promise and share the outcome of this test? I am very curious to see any indication of performance gain for the JCR Non-silenced Race Pipes alone other than the Spyder.
We don’t have our own 718 now so we’re reliant on loan of a car to make this happen but we will, as soon as possible, make it happen

JC
Old 11-23-2021, 10:22 AM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by 4lflat6
Yeah headers are more likely to add power than the backbox.. I really can't comment on headers, or JCR race pipes in conjunction with OAP. Just saying the JCR racepipes alone, in my car led to power reduction.
I threw on the JCR Manifolds, and I can feel a big different in both regular and sport modes of how the car pulls between running the factory PSE valves open, and forcing the valves open. While I realize this is quite a bit upstream compared to your exhaust, it does tell me that the factory exhaust is quite limiting in how it allows air through. I would have to say that anything other than stock (if done under the right conditions) would and should be an improvement...especially when you consider the 20 lbs of weight savings alone. Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:13 AM
ashgaunt
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jcr gt4 exhaust plus filters plus chipped

hi I don’t see anyone here talking about chipping it? I chipped my GTS 4.0 pdk and the difference was slightly noticeable. After I put filters and the jcr on it is actually brutal. More wheelspin possible when pulling away in 1st but on wet days the rears can actually light up in 3rd at over 100mph when the revs hit 6k. Going to dyno it but it’s a massive difference. I always run it on 99.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:00 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I threw on the JCR Manifolds, and I can feel a big different in both regular and sport modes of how the car pulls between running the factory PSE valves open, and forcing the valves open. While I realize this is quite a bit upstream compared to your exhaust, it does tell me that the factory exhaust is quite limiting in how it allows air through. I would have to say that anything other than stock (if done under the right conditions) would and should be an improvement...especially when you consider the 20 lbs of weight savings alone. Just my .02 cents.
Originally Posted by ashgaunt
hi I don’t see anyone here talking about chipping it? I chipped my GTS 4.0 pdk and the difference was slightly noticeable. After I put filters and the jcr on it is actually brutal. More wheelspin possible when pulling away in 1st but on wet days the rears can actually light up in 3rd at over 100mph when the revs hit 6k. Going to dyno it but it’s a massive difference. I always run it on 99.
You're not imagining those gains

The latest post DRAGY thread once again proves that our parts make power and work in real world scenarios..

Unfortunately this thread still gets brought up in conversation with me at least once a week. It's really a shame that one dud test result amongst the hundreds of positive reviews and experiences can cause so much damage to a company.

JC
Alpha Ice (03-12-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Avera
Burning Brakes

Received 440 Likes on 256 Posts

You're not imagining those gains

The latest post DRAGY thread once again proves that our parts make power and work in real world scenarios..

Unfortunately this thread still gets brought up in conversation with me at least once a week. It's really a shame that one dud test result amongst the hundreds of positive reviews and experiences can cause so much damage to a company.

JC
Jonny

Did it cause damage? All I know and hear is how great JCR exhaust solutions sound.

The downside to rear box solutions is mixing them with high-flow headers/OAPs. DRONE . . . but that is not unique to JCR, rather, a characteristic of the chassis and anyone in the game at this point knows the give and take involved.

Avera
JCR-Porsche (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 02:07 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Avera
Jonny

Did it cause damage? All I know and hear is how great JCR exhaust solutions sound.

The downside to rear box solutions is mixing them with high-flow headers/OAPs. DRONE . . . but that is not unique to JCR, rather, a characteristic of the chassis and anyone in the game at this point knows the give and take involved.

Avera
To our credibility, a little, as it called into question if what we state can be trusted and ultimately that is damaging when almost all of our business is based on trust and reputation.

That’s just the highs and lows of the internet, I guess. Hopefully everything we do helps to gain trust which is why I always encourage questions and share as much as possible

Having another 718 GT4 of our own gives us lots more opportunities to share how our parts can help transform this already incredibly capable package

Our build thread for the JCR GT4 v2.0 will be the place that we share all updates and results until the car is moved on

JC
Old 03-11-2023, 02:20 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very informative and impartial post below

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18668537

JC

Quick Reply: LOST 10 HP with JCR EXHAUST (Non-silences Valved Race Pipes)