Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

spyder alignment settings for 30/70 track/road use

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 12:59 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by Assad Jarrahian
Picking up my Spyder this Friday and really trying to figure out alignment. Keeping my suspension stock and wanted to figure out what people are using for a "fast road setup" for weekend Spirited drives. I live in the mountains and mostly will be driving Mountain roads of South West Colorado, New Mexico and Utah and trying to figure out what to do for an alignment perspective? I have been told the following numbers, but the dealer doing the Alignment thinks it will completely destroy the tires for street dricving, so not sure what to do and if anyone has updated numbers that work with a stock setup?
The dealer is completely full of crap and I would not let them touch the alignment! Go find a decent Porsche shop that specializes in making these cars faster - you dont have to go nuts but its good when you have an experienced shop. The consensus is that on the 718 platform is that the tires wear extremely evenly even at relatively high neg camber and toe settings. Plus you are only going to get 10k miles max on the Cup 2s or any sport tire so WTH if you only get 9,000 lets say. The difference in the handling and enjoyability of these cars is completely tied to a decent alignment. You should get the rear toe links at a minimum (without these you cant get the rear camber above -1.6 which aint good enough for the twitchy rear end) and put in some front shims and get the camber to close to -2.0 to -2.2 front and at least -1.8 rear... keeping the caster to about 9.2. Trust me... you have made the investment in a great car CONGRATS with a great chassis but it needs a bunch of help in the alignment and suspension parts department to realize a fraction of its potential...

Last edited by dnimi123; 12-21-2022 at 01:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dnimi123:
MechEngr1287 (12-22-2022), TYPE911 (02-20-2023)

Quick Reply: spyder alignment settings for 30/70 track/road use