Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Do interesting colors make your car a "cop magnet"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021 | 12:32 AM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sharm
Radar detectors are illegal in VA (and DC for that matter)..You're liable to end up in jail or with a hefty fine if you're caught. Better off turning it off when there.

To answer OPs question, I don't think the color matters to police. I've had a carmine red 911 (pictured) and never once was pulled over, and I consider that a standout color. Of course it all depends on where you live..YMMV
Here in the Bay Area, Waze is the best radar detector you can get. The user participation here is amazing. Not sure about other areas though, and probably isn't much good in rural areas, but around here it's gold.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021 | 12:35 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

I drive a Birch Green GT4, I get the same amount of tickets in it as I do my normal color M3 using Waze + Radar Detector(no speeding tickets for a long time but lots of no front plate tickets *knock on wood*).

The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021 | 10:55 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ramon Vennik
Well, my Spyder isn't my first yellow sports-car, besides yellow will attract the police a bit more than regular colors, a Porsche attracts the local police (here in Belgium/Netherlands) whether retired or not a bit more because of the history of Police and their Porsches https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26108/lot/19/

But maybe my racing yellow attracts more because of the JCR race headers and Fabspeed valveless Competition exhaust, I don't know

Just don't consider the highway as your personal race-track, and it won't matter.

PS, I've discovered that a stripe on your frunk helps fellow drivers in front of you to keep you lane free 😜
That will definitely turn some heads!

Bonus points if they can hear you coming from a mile away

Quick Reply: Do interesting colors make your car a "cop magnet"?