Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 11:54 AM
Frank718Spyder
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
Cool! I know a hundred places to track that slippery &*$# down ever season. But seriously, talking about dream cars is a necessary respite from the 400th pdk vs manual thread, regardless of whether getting one enters the realm of the possible.

@Westcoast Continuing in the vein of using 4RS videos to assess spyder rs desirability, here is a video focused on “daily driving”, and it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. Even if we could get it, would mere mortals enjoy it more than a standard spyder (excluding track days and the (locally) rare chance for a smooth, curvy backroad blast)? Will it only be suitable as a curio for collectors, or those topless-only-for-me track rats? (Tip of the hat to @Mr.Brick ) BGTS owners will say the spyder is already “too much” for regular use.

https://youtu.be/HWQSHSXc8H8
Whatever works for people to rationalize that they can't get access to or can't/don't want to afford a SRS.

At the end of the day it's easy: if you can get a SRS at a decent price, buy one. Chances are high that you will be having lots of fun and don't burn a lot of money as its value will not drop a lot. No brainer.

Needless to say that it is way better to have something different as a daily, e.g. a SUV.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:58 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,091 Posts
Default Here we go

https://www.pca.org/events/los-angel...e-club-preview

Porsche Cars North America is thrilled to invite PCA members to the 2022 LA Auto Show Morning Preview to experience another exceptional moment in Porsche history. Porsche Cars North America is thrilled to invite PCA members to the 2022 LA Auto Show Morning Preview to experience another exceptional moment in Porsche history. Be a part of an exclusive Porsche Club of America Preview Event, where you will have access to the full array of Porsche models and a special global unveiling. As an attendee, you will have early access to the entire Porsche display before it’s shown to the general public. Be among the first to get up close and personal with all the latest Porsche models. Coffee will be served. Porsche. There is no substitute. a part of an exclusive Porsche Club of America Preview Event, where you will have access to the full array of Porsche models and a special global unveiling. As an attendee, you will have early access to the entire Porsche display before it’s shown to the general public. Be among the first to get up close and personal with all the latest Porsche models. Coffee will be served. Porsche. There is no substitute

The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
DFW01TT (10-05-2022), josephr25 (10-06-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 11:50 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
https://www.pca.org/events/los-angel...e-club-preview

Porsche Cars North America is thrilled to invite PCA members to the 2022 LA Auto Show Morning Preview to experience another exceptional moment in Porsche history. Porsche Cars North America is thrilled to invite PCA members to the 2022 LA Auto Show Morning Preview to experience another exceptional moment in Porsche history. Be a part of an exclusive Porsche Club of America Preview Event, where you will have access to the full array of Porsche models and a special global unveiling. As an attendee, you will have early access to the entire Porsche display before it’s shown to the general public. Be among the first to get up close and personal with all the latest Porsche models. Coffee will be served. Porsche. There is no substitute. a part of an exclusive Porsche Club of America Preview Event, where you will have access to the full array of Porsche models and a special global unveiling. As an attendee, you will have early access to the entire Porsche display before it’s shown to the general public. Be among the first to get up close and personal with all the latest Porsche models. Coffee will be served. Porsche. There is no substitute
According to my cleaning lady 992 Dakar and 992 T also scheduled for an unveiling...
The following 2 users liked this post by cooler2442:
n4v4nod (10-05-2022), Odin (10-06-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 12:15 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,690 Likes on 929 Posts

I will be there on the 17th for the press debut. 👍🏼
My gut tells me that 3 debuts is unlikely. Out of all three, the Carrera T makes the most sense. As there is already NHSTA documentation that it’s a 2023 MY.
Then the Spyder RS… simply because the 718 is EOLC. Dakar has less time restraints.
All guesses at this point.
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 01:00 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,675 Likes on 2,720 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I will be there on the 17th for the press debut. 👍🏼
My gut tells me that 3 debuts is unlikely. Out of all three, the Carrera T makes the most sense. As there is already NHSTA documentation that it’s a 2023 MY.
Then the Spyder RS… simply because the 718 is EOLC. Dakar has less time restraints.
All guesses at this point.
Looking at flights down now...
Old 10-05-2022, 01:02 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Cool! I know a hundred places to track that slippery &*$# down ever season. But seriously, talking about dream cars is a necessary respite from the 400th interior options poll thread, regardless of whether getting one enters the realm of the possible.

@Westcoast Continuing in the vein of using 4RS videos to assess spyder rs desirability, here is a video focused on “daily driving”, and it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. Even if we could get it, would mere mortals enjoy it more than a standard spyder (excluding track days and the (locally) rare chance for a smooth, curvy backroad blast)? Will it only be suitable as a curio for collectors, or those topless-only-for-me track rats? (Tip of the hat to @Mr.Brick ) BGTS owners will say the Spyder is already “too much” for regular use.

https://youtu.be/HWQSHSXc8H8
So is this why I get the strange looks when I am loading bags into the frunk at grocery store?
Old 10-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Cancuflas
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default harness

Do you think that the SRS will have harness installation?
Old 10-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Mr.Brick
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Cancuflas
Do you think that the SRS will have harness installation?
unfortunately no at 100%
Old 10-06-2022, 02:41 PM
Cancuflas
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr.Brick
unfortunately no at 100%
It sounds really strange that an RS does not have harnesses, and even more so being convertible
Old 10-06-2022, 02:47 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,502 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Do any of the RS models come stock with harnesses? US models I wouldn't think would, since they won't come from Porsche with cages.

Harnesses in a convertible are problematic. I would be MORE surprised if they came stock from the factory that way, than if not.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Cancuflas
7th Gear

Do any of the RS models come stock with harnesses? US models I wouldn't think would, since they won't come from Porsche with cages.

Harnesses in a convertible are problematic. I would be MORE surprised if they came stock from the factory that way, than if not.
I wish and hope that it is an option to order from the factory as a package (possibly clubsport) as in the rest of RS. If not, I think I'll change my current spyder for a GT3
Old 10-06-2022, 03:23 PM
Mr.Brick
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Cancuflas
I wish and hope that it is an option to order from the factory as a package (possibly clubsport) as in the rest of RS. If not, I think I'll change my current spyder for a GT3
on the Spyder there’s no harnesses points under the carpet behind the seats, as there are on the Gt4

the finished SRS mule we saw on the Ring was WP but had 3 points belts

then yes somebody thinks they’re dangerous on a roofles car… somebody no…
Old 10-06-2022, 04:46 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Brick
on the Spyder there’s no harnesses points under the carpet behind the seats, as there are on the Gt4

the finished SRS mule we saw on the Ring was WP but had 3 points belts

then yes somebody thinks they’re dangerous on a roofles car… somebody no…
How do you know it was finished?
The following users liked this post:
Cancuflas (10-07-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 02:37 PM
TrondGT4
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a likelihood (according to several national Porsche importers) that whole (or close to) GT4RS production is already sold. So another argument for no manual.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TrondGT4
There is a likelihood (according to several national Porsche importers) that whole (or close to) GT4RS production is already sold. So another argument for no manual.
Because only one transmission was offered and the GT4 RS sold out, I really don't see that as a reason 'not' to offer a manual (if they could)?

The Spyder RS doesn't have to follow the GT4 RS, heck it already broke the rule of no cabriolets allowed!

Quick Reply: The 718 Spyder RS Discussion Thread