Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 10:25 AM
Runner
Pro

Received 288 Likes on 111 Posts

My Spyder is scheduled for delivery July 20th. Shark Blue, yellow interior, carbon buckets - basically all the leather upgrades, audio and technology. So far my list isn't that much, just clear side markers, car cover and cleaning supplies. In the past, I was quick to buy aftermarket exhaust on my turbos and GT3's, but for some reason I have a kind to keep it all factory. I even made a special trip to my dealer to listen to the factory exhaust note on a Spyder that was on the floor - it sounded really nice. Not too much, but enough. Maybe I will change my kind later, but for now my list of mods will remain very small.
The following 2 users liked this post by Runner:
Dan Nagy (04-03-2022), StormRune (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 10:39 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner
My Spyder is scheduled for delivery July 20th. Shark Blue, yellow interior, carbon buckets - basically all the leather upgrades, audio and technology. So far my list isn't that much, just clear side markers, car cover and cleaning supplies. In the past, I was quick to buy aftermarket exhaust on my turbos and GT3's, but for some reason I have a kind to keep it all factory. I even made a special trip to my dealer to listen to the factory exhaust note on a Spyder that was on the floor - it sounded really nice. Not too much, but enough. Maybe I will change my kind later, but for now my list of mods will remain very small.
Many have said the same and wound up deleting the OPFs, at the least...it will be interesting to hear what you do a couple months after you get it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
Alpha Ice (04-11-2022), flynlo (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Many have said the same and wound up deleting the OPFs, at the least...it will be interesting to hear what you do a couple months after you get it.
Yes, I am hoping for some get together this summer where I can hear the OPF delete. You know, Bob, I had that exhaust built for my 992 and the drone was annoying as hell in it. I like the valve restritor idea above, but wondering about long-term damage by doing that. It also looks like something that I could do.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:59 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,971 Likes on 1,722 Posts

GPF delete and valve controller are the perfect mod without making big changes IMO. I love being able to make changes as I drive. And with these two mods, you have a wide range, from basically stock to really nicely modified.
The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 11:16 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,659 Likes on 2,082 Posts

I even made a special trip to my dealer to listen to the factory exhaust note on a Spyder that was on the floor - it sounded really nice. Not too much, but enough. Maybe I will change my kind later, but for now my list of mods will remain very small.
Assume by “on the floor” you mean indoors on the showroom. I expect that inclosed with the cold start routine (valves open, rich fuel) it did sound ok.

That’s probably not a good representative of what they sound like outdoors and warmed up.

With that being said, I always recommend to wait till after break in…perhaps stock will be fine for you.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:43 PM
Runner
Pro

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
GPF delete and valve controller are the perfect mod without making big changes IMO. I love being able to make changes as I drive. And with these two mods, you have a wide range, from basically stock to really nicely modified.
I'll be looking for quality sound, not loud. Yes, it did sound good in the dealership lobby, and probably misleading in the real world. If so, I'll probably replace the over axil pipe with Akropo. I plan to track it so it will be in the higher RPM and I've been told the factory exhaust sounds great in the higher range.
Old 04-04-2022, 12:49 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

I'll be looking for quality sound, not loud. Yes, it did sound good in the dealership lobby, and probably misleading in the real world. If so, I'll probably replace the over axil pipe with Akropo. I plan to track it so it will be in the higher RPM and I've been told the factory exhaust sounds great in the higher range.
Kline stainless and inconel OAP + Rear Valvetronic in stock. Our #1 seller by far is the Kline for this platform.

If you wish to order Akra we can get you the OAP as well special order

Feel free to email sales@supremepower.com or shoot us a PM and we can get you set up

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

The following 2 users liked this post by SupremePower:
dnimi123 (04-04-2022), flynlo (04-05-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 01:15 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,971 Likes on 1,722 Posts

Here's what my car sounds like from inside the car, using my cell phone mounted in the center of the car, window open driving next to a concrete barrier. Flat-6 OAP and Cargraphic EV controller set to open.

The following 2 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
Dan Nagy (04-04-2022), Unstock (04-05-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 01:41 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

There is only 1 must have non negotiable mod for the 718 GT4/Spyder... and that is a set of adjustable rear toe links (I selected TPC). Without these you cant get a decent alignment on the cars and these cars absolutely need neg 2.0 camber front and rear. THEN you can go from there. The exhaust is really awful in so many ways and if you are coming from GT3s you will want the Kline OAP/Rear in inconel at a minimum. @SupremePower give Eric a shout - he is the best and has them in stock (I think).
Old 04-04-2022, 01:46 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
There is only 1 must have non negotiable mod for the 718 GT4/Spyder... and that is a set of adjustable rear toe links (I selected TPC). Without these you cant get a decent alignment on the cars and these cars absolutely need neg 2.0 camber front and rear. THEN you can go from there. The exhaust is really awful in so many ways and if you are coming from GT3s you will want the Kline OAP/Rear in inconel at a minimum. @SupremePower give Eric a shout - he is the best and has them in stock (I think).
Thanks for the shout out David! Happy Monday!

As a matter of face, we do have KLINE Innovations Stainless and Inconel OAP + Rear Valvetronic in stock for 718 GT4/GTS/Spyder 4.0's ready to go!

Anyone interested please PM or email sales@supremepower.com and we would be happy to get you set up
Old 04-04-2022, 02:37 PM
Runner
Pro

Originally Posted by dnimi123
This has been very helpful. I'll follow up with Eric for his recommendation on the exhaust. I have a 986 Boxster S with a full racing Soul exhaust and headers and absolutely love it. No drone and it wails at the high rpm. I've heard a lot of good things about Kline and their 718 equipment. I'll email you Eric. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:06 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

My spyder was delivered last week but this week full custom PPF , Ceramic coating, window tint front and side windows and valve controller installation. Oh and of course clear side markers and RGS screens on the intakes... Then we drive!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 11:02 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Spyder also delivered last week. GT silver w/classic int.

PPF/Ceramic, clear sides markers, paint to match black
plastic roof flaps with black “Spyder” script, plastic side intakes
painted to match & 8mm front wheel spacers.

I’ll post some pictures when I pick it up.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:16 AM
IRM
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete C
Spyder also delivered last week. GT silver w/classic int.

PPF/Ceramic, clear sides markers, paint to match black
plastic roof flaps with black “Spyder” script, plastic side intakes
painted to match & 8mm front wheel spacers.

I’ll post some pictures when I pick it up.
Wow. Can't wait to see this one.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:45 AM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

Received 208 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Full PPF!

Just brought her home!

The following 5 users liked this post by TriggerHappy:
Dan Nagy (04-09-2022), Growler48 (04-06-2022), Lucent (04-05-2022), OldJedi (05-01-2022), sonystyle02 (04-05-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?