Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

What did you buy your 718 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 01:22 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,659 Likes on 2,712 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
This is the PN from Suncoast:

Rear Trunk Liner - Boxster 981/718
SKU981LINER1$115.00$115.00Version: PK982LINER
Except those are not Porsche part numbers, they are Suncoast sku's for sale...
Old 02-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Except those are not Porsche part numbers, they are Suncoast sku's for sale...
Ummmmm…. read my post again.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:46 PM
Chinchilla
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 22 Posts

Bought a brand new driver side bucket seat from ScuderiaV.com. Easy transaction, fortunately it arrived in perfect condition from Germany.

Hopefully will be a straightforward swap. Plan is to keep the original 2 way sport seat wrapped up in storage.

The following 2 users liked this post by Chinchilla:
Dan Nagy (02-05-2022), masti99 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 01:58 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Chinchilla
Bought a brand new driver side bucket seat from ScuderiaV.com. Easy transaction, fortunately it arrived in perfect condition from Germany.

Hopefully will be a straightforward swap. Plan is to keep the original 2 way sport seat wrapped up in storage.

Nice! Why not get two? Apart from obvious cost that is. Won’t it look uneven(unbalanced) with a 2-way in passenger side and bucket on driver side?
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 01:58 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

I have the two-ways and am considering the same thing. How much was it? I don't want to subject my wife to the hassle of getting in and out of the bucket seat, lol.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,659 Likes on 2,712 Posts

Ummmmm…. read my post again.
Still the same, care to elaborate?

Last edited by Westcoast; 02-05-2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Chinchilla
Intermediate

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Nice! Why not get two? Apart from obvious cost that is. Won’t it look uneven(unbalanced) with a 2-way in passenger side and bucket on driver side?
Good question. There's a number of reasons for me going this route, including not speccing the LWBS in the first place.
Wife wouldn't put up with a nonreclining, nonheated seat that costs more than standard. By keeping the passenger side stock, she'll be happier.
I want heated seats too, and since the car is already wired for heated seats, I may add heated seat pads in the future.

I'm not too worried about the looks. It's all OEM equipment with standard colors and fabric.

Total was around $7500 shipped to the US. Certainly more than what I would have liked, but I don't see these seats decreasing in price any time soon, especially since they happened to have a brand new driver side only seat.

I plan on posting a youtube video of the swap. Fingers crossed that there won't be any issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chinchilla:
P-car-Vancouver (02-06-2022), theEnd (02-07-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Unstock
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstock
Rennline magnetic phone holder. Comes with the base and 2 metal plates so I can connect my iPhone or iPod. This will be installed on the passenger side by the head unit. Was about $57 shipped from sun coast parts. I will install it this weekend 👍

Originally Posted by MechEngr1287
This looks great! saving this one for future purchase for sure
Originally Posted by MaddMike
I have been meaning to get one of those. I had to google to find a seller with free shipping and no tax as I was not going to pay $15 shipping and $4 tax for a $45 part.
Right Mike, was a tuff pill to swallow but worth it. The install was tricker them what the videos show. The first tap on the side panel was impossible to remove with a trim tool. After 20 mins of messing around with it I ended up putting a zip tie around the first tap and pulled it out. The first tab has a metal clip that locks it into place. After that comes out the rest is a breeze. The install of the mount was simple, use a T25 bit to remove the 2 screws and bolt the bracket into place. Then all you have to do is put the side panel back into place. Didn’t get a pic of the phone mounted in place but it’s perfect.

MaddMike (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 03:37 PM
incursion
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Good question. There's a number of reasons for me going this route, including not speccing the LWBS in the first place.
Wife wouldn't put up with a nonreclining, nonheated seat that costs more than standard. By keeping the passenger side stock, she'll be happier.
I want heated seats too, and since the car is already wired for heated seats, I may add heated seat pads in the future.

I'm not too worried about the looks. It's all OEM equipment with standard colors and fabric.

Total was around $7500 shipped to the US. Certainly more than what I would have liked, but I don't see these seats decreasing in price any time soon, especially since they happened to have a brand new driver side only seat.

I plan on posting a youtube video of the swap. Fingers crossed that there won't be any issues.
Wow that's pricey! Do you know how Recaros compare to the factory LWB?
Old 02-06-2022, 09:07 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstock
Right Mike, was a tuff pill to swallow but worth it. The install was tricker them what the videos show. The first tap on the side panel was impossible to remove with a trim tool. After 20 mins of messing around with it I ended up putting a zip tie around the first tap and pulled it out. The first tab has a metal clip that locks it into place. After that comes out the rest is a breeze. The install of the mount was simple, use a T25 bit to remove the 2 screws and bolt the bracket into place. Then all you have to do is put the side panel back into place. Didn’t get a pic of the phone mounted in place but it’s perfect.

Good feedback. By the way, a quick search found a legit seller with no shipping and no sales tax so that is who I bought it from (Torqued.com).
Old 02-06-2022, 09:12 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by incursion

Recaro RMS carbon backed buckets are about 5500-6500 depending on your supplier. So I don't think its horrible considering its a OEM Porsche carbon seat. That is one of the reasons I went with LWB's when I specc'd my GT4. 5900 sounds like a bargain for 2 lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by SlickxAC:
Chinchilla (02-07-2022), MaddMike (02-06-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 02:58 AM
Chinchilla
Intermediate

Originally Posted by incursion
At one point I was considering Recaros or some other race seat. But then I realized that the side airbag is in the OEM seat. So to avoid issues with that, I started looking for the OEM buckets.

I'll be installing the seat tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I was going to ditch the Pirelli's on day one but decided to ride them out a bit. My plan was for Michelin 4S. But I'm VERY interested in your feedback on these.
So as a quick follow up on the Michelin AS, they seem to be excellent for my winter purpose. They handle the country roads without an issue; good grip. I haven’t broken the rear end loose with them on yet - not enough miles on them and it’s been bitter cold when I’ve taken it out. I don’t want to press my luck given the frigid road surface and the tires not fully broken in. Hopefully somebody will take these to the track and we’ll get a performance at the limit perspective.

Anyway, they do eliminate the need for a winter set for me. Normally, our average highs in February are in the forties and overnight in the twenties. I’ll see if they are too soft this summer.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,971 Likes on 1,722 Posts

Thanks for the follow up @Dan Nagy How do they look close up, especially the rears? Do they come in the same exact size as OEM and do the fit the rim like the 4S or do they fit more like the PZero (ie, stretched look)? Go pics?
Old 02-07-2022, 02:04 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts

So as a quick follow up on the Michelin AS, they seem to be excellent for my winter purpose. They handle the country roads without an issue; good grip. I haven’t broken the rear end loose with them on yet - not enough miles on them and it’s been bitter cold when I’ve taken it out. I don’t want to press my luck given the frigid road surface and the tires not fully broken in. Hopefully somebody will take these to the track and we’ll get a performance at the limit perspective.

Anyway, they do eliminate the need for a winter set for me. Normally, our average highs in February are in the forties and overnight in the twenties. I’ll see if they are too soft this summer.
Dan,

If you haven't seen this I think you might find it of interest.

Terry
Dan Nagy (02-07-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 718 today?