Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: To Auto-Blip, or not to Auto-Blip?
I am a die-hard manual blipper
21.71%
Set it and forget it
67.44%
Have been on auto pilot so far but still interested in seeing if unaided is for me
10.85%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Auto-blip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

I plan on definitely doing it myself, but I’m sure I’ll play with it, and prob use auto in traffic / around town.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:41 PM
wanderingshi
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Question, can you enable auto-blip on normal mode?
Old 08-02-2021, 06:23 PM
edub
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 191 Posts

yeh it works in any mode
Old 08-02-2021, 06:38 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderingshi
Question, can you enable auto-blip on normal mode?
On the GTS I don’t think you can. GT4 and Sypder have a switch.
The following users liked this post:
momo360 (10-21-2022)
Old 10-20-2022, 05:10 PM
DrainsWalletsFast
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
On the street, you have to get into the brake pretty far in order to properly do it so I don't find many chances for heel-toe. That being said, I still don't use auto-blip on the street.
I don't have one of these yet but I rarely get into the brakes super aggressively and still rev match all my downshifts even just putting around. So unless the pedal placement on these cars is way off of what I'm used to, I don't think it should be a whole lot different. I'm actually way better at doing it in normal driving than super hard driving just because of experience level. But I'm using either side of my foot a bit more so than truly using my heel on the throttle. I'm actually worried here since I'm waiting on a GTS and not a GT4. I really wish they'd just included the switch in those cars as well. It's odd they did not.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:50 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
I don't have one of these yet but I rarely get into the brakes super aggressively and still rev match all my downshifts even just putting around. So unless the pedal placement on these cars is way off of what I'm used to, I don't think it should be a whole lot different. I'm actually way better at doing it in normal driving than super hard driving just because of experience level. But I'm using either side of my foot a bit more so than truly using my heel on the throttle. I'm actually worried here since I'm waiting on a GTS and not a GT4. I really wish they'd just included the switch in those cars as well. It's odd they did not.
I could heel and toe better on the GTS than the Spyder (so far) because there’s more pedal travel on the GTS. I can do it on the Spyder too, but it’ll take some more practice. I like trying to get a shift as good as the German Blipper - very stratifying when you get close!

Quick Reply: Auto-blip?