Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Chrome “718” on Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 01:51 PM
AJ_Tokyo
Advanced

Received 98 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
There will be 2 holes in the leather when it is removed. You might try to flatten it out (from the inside of the boot) and put some black electrical tape on it (also on the inside of the boot) but I think you might still see it - might be worth a try!
Thanks very much for the info!
My Spyder is a November build so once it arrives I think I will give that a try - worst case if it looks bad I just put it back or get an aftermarket boot without it.
Appreciate the insight sir!
The following users liked this post:
Ken in San Diego (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 02:04 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by parkway
GT4 has the same number of characters as 718.

My theory is Porsche's supplier didn't want to reprogram the printing machine with new spacing settings, and/or the word "Spyder" is too wide for some production reason.
I wonder what they will do on the spyder RS
• never mind.. just realized its only PDK

Last edited by AtoB; 09-22-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:13 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 206 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ_Tokyo
Thanks very much for the info!
My Spyder is a November build so once it arrives I think I will give that a try - worst case if it looks bad I just put it back or get an aftermarket boot without it.
Appreciate the insight sir!
Wow..... You live in Tokyo. I used to live in Nagoya and Tokyo. 1) Don't see a lot of Porsches, and 2) I can't imagine how few Spyders are around.

Anyway, lots of hills and great roads outside of Tokyo, and I am sure that you will love your new ride! I am here in San Diego, and my Spyder will spend a lot of time in the hills outside of town when I get it in December.

Quick Reply: Chrome “718” on Shifter