Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

adjusting sensitivity of headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022 | 09:23 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Default adjusting sensitivity of headlights

Does anybody know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights of when they turn on and off? I went through the manual and couldn't find anything. On my other cars, there's a way to adjust the sensitivity and wondering if there is such a thing on the Spyder/GT4?
Old 08-22-2022 | 09:29 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Rennlist Member

As far as I could tell, only via coding. I have seen the option on my Launch X431 coder/scanner. Alternatively you could get it coded via PIWIS.

From memory, it needs to be set per light. I decided not to fiddle with it
Old 08-22-2022 | 09:39 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

^^^Thanks for the info. I will not mess with it either then. I was hoping for an easy PCM menu find to adjust but I guess no such luck.
Old 08-22-2022 | 11:13 PM
arne
Instructor

The PCM-like interface in my 2016 Audi has 3 selections for this. I have it set to "later" (more dark) there. I'm sure that the settings are hidden in there, but just like so many other options that my previous VWs and Audis have made easily end-user configurable, Porsche seems to not trust its customers.

I'm ordering an X431 later this week, and this is yet another coding change I will look for.
Old 09-22-2022 | 03:34 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
As far as I could tell, only via coding. I have seen the option on my Launch X431 coder/scanner. Alternatively you could get it coded via PIWIS.

From memory, it needs to be set per light. I decided not to fiddle with it
Do you happen to recall seeing another setting in Launch to adjust the sensitivity of the automatic high beams? I find on my wife's Macan they are a little slow to respond to oncoming cars sometimes. I'd rather they were more sensitive and shut off sooner than blind an oncoming driver.
Old 09-22-2022 | 03:45 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arne
The PCM-like interface in my 2016 Audi has 3 selections for this. I have it set to "later" (more dark) there. I'm sure that the settings are hidden in there, but just like so many other options that my previous VWs and Audis have made easily end-user configurable, Porsche seems to not trust its customers.

I'm ordering an X431 later this week, and this is yet another coding change I will look for.
I've looked for this too, and it isn't there. I like mine set to Late too and find the lights come on a bit early. I just turn the parking lights on instead, but need to remember to back to Auto when I turn the car off.

Quick Reply: adjusting sensitivity of headlights