Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

"Spyder" and “GT4” logo decal for front spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 11:31 PM
RoadrunnerGTS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,081 Likes on 538 Posts

Try ask BumperPlugs or RennDecals to make for you
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (11-07-2022)
Old 11-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Bumperplugs will not be able to but look here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...decal&_sacat=0

You will need to measure the size though but if they do not have it you can ask them to custom make it for you.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:42 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

And I forgot to add, if you want the color to match you will have to buy a piece from this place and send it to them: https://www.colorxlabs.com/
Old 11-07-2022, 09:39 AM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

See post 76 here: "Spyder" logo on front spoiler? - Page 6 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

I will add that I got one through Bob for my Spyder, and it was excellent - no issues for over 2 years....then I accidently hit my splitter on a parking curb and needed to replace it...long story short, I contacted Penelope (penelopespassions@usa.com) and purchased 2 replacement stickers for the new splitter - these were not as great as the first batch....don't know what changed as they looked exactly the same, but they did not stick nearly as good, despite proper prep.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

My advice for anyone wanting the best outcome, and an exact color match, is to get a 12"x12" piece from ColorXLabs and have someone make them. And Penelope knew they did not stick well I am sure she would replace them with ones made from better vinyl. She knows a lot about it and can always source better stuff; however, she will only be able to get close to matching the color, which is why I bought the exact color vinyl and had it sent to her. She also made me decals for my interior side sills:

Old 11-07-2022, 11:07 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If I were you I would try to find some bug remover first. And you should have bought a Spyder, since I was able to get what you want!

Bob Z,

You know you could this 1-time go the extra mile and give a helping-hand on this.
I totally realize I'm more than likely NOT on your Short-List of favorite Rennlist members.

But ......................

If your contact/contacts made those Super-Killer front SPYDER decal and or Lettering ???
Maybe you could take a few minutes and see if they would hook me up.

Can't blame a guy for trying even if he knows who he is dealing with.

LOL,
Terry
Old 11-07-2022, 11:21 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RoadrunnerGTS
Thank-You I just sent an E-Mail to RennDecals.

I Really-really appreciate your Help.

Terry
Old 11-07-2022, 11:24 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Bob Z,

You know you could this 1-time go the extra mile and give a helping-hand on this.
I totally realize I'm more than likely NOT on your Short-List of favorite Rennlist members.

But ......................

If your contact/contacts made those Super-Killer front SPYDER decal and or Lettering ???
Maybe you could take a few minutes and see if they would hook me up.

Can't blame a guy for trying even if he knows who he is dealing with.

LOL,
Terry
I am willing to help anyone here, even those I may have had a few words with; however, I have a Spyder, not a GT4. It took a lot of time to work out the details regarding the size, colors, etc. so I cannot do the same for you, sorry. If you want to coordinate something with other GT4 owners you are welcome to contact Penelope (her email is above) and work with her to get them made, but she has not made them for the GT4 as far as I know.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:30 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I am willing to help anyone here, even those I may have had a few words with; however, I have a Spyder, not a GT4. It took a lot of time to work out the details regarding the size, colors, etc. so I cannot do the same for you, sorry. If you want to coordinate something with other GT4 owners you are welcome to contact Penelope (her email is above) and work with her to get them made, but she has not made them for the GT4 as far as I know.
Bob Z,

Thank-You for your follow-up and maybe we can just both keep in mind that we Both have Strong Personalities.

Thanks again,
Terry
Old 04-17-2023, 10:39 AM
nswift
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase a yellow GT$ decal for my 718 GT4? Do you still have one :)

Looking to purchase a yellow GT$ decal for my 718 GT4? Do you still have one
Old 04-17-2023, 10:44 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I never had GT4 decals so I cannot help, sorry. You can try searching for decals in this forum since someone else had posted that their wife was making decals for those that needed something.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:07 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Are you set on a decal? I would just ask your local pin stripe artist to stripe it for you. I like paint since I think it looks better and you can have it any color you like. If you are worry about protecting it, just clear your splitter. You can even clear the splitter before doing the pin stripe so you can take the stripe off later. Below is a picture of my custom carbon corvette rear bumper cover that I stripe the "corvette" lettering in red. In this case, I had the body shop clear before the stripe and clear afterwards. My lettering skill was not perfect but it has the custom look.

Last edited by planolemans; 04-18-2023 at 06:23 PM.
Denny Swift (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 06:33 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Since it is a horizontal surface, one could just fill the indented letters with paint.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:04 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

You could fill the indents. However, the splitter for the GT4 is not smooth; I just felt the one on my wall. So if you just fill the indents, the lines will not be sharp. That is also another reason to clear the part first so you can have a smooth surface to lay down your line. You may see a little bit of fuzziness if you look close at the lettering. I don't think it will be bad but it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. For some, that little fuzziness is what they are looking for, it shows that it was laid down by hand. I personally like a little bit of imperfection, it adds to the patina of the vehicle. Someone love the vehicle enough to laid it down by hand.

Last edited by planolemans; 04-18-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:27 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by planolemans
You could fill the indents. However, the splitter for the GT4 is not smooth; I just felt the one on my wall. So if you just fill the indents, the lines will not be sharp. That is also another reason to clear the part first so you can have a smooth surface to lay down your line. You may see a little bit of fuzziness if you look close at the lettering. I don't think it will be bad but it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are. For some, that little fuzziness is what they are looking for, it shows that it was laid down by hand. I personally like a little bit of imperfection, it adds to the patina of the vehicle. Someone love the vehicle enough to laid it down by hand.
I still think the decal is the best bet since it is not permanent and it looks fantastic, especially if one takes their time when applying it. Needless to say, no one is going to see it from any closer than about 5' away as it is, but mine looks great even at 5" away.

Quick Reply: "Spyder" and “GT4” logo decal for front spoiler