Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

"Spyder" and “GT4” logo decal for front spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Locally there are guys that can change the look of the 'chrome' emblems through a (I believe) an electroplating process while they are still on the car... normally from silver to gold. I wonder if they can do this to a different colour, or if it is indeed a 'metal to meta' process?
Old 05-10-2021, 04:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyderman2
I like the labelling. The front spoiler "Spyder" is just a black impression in the black spoiler. Hard to notice. I wish the letters were white or red. If Bob Z gets white or red letters made to fit in the letter impressions, I will buy.
We may be in luck...contact John here and mention me: info@designstuffonline.co.uk

I am going to wait until my car arrives so I can see if it works right away but he said he made one for someone recently so you may want to chat with him about it.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: I talked to them again and they are willing to ship them to me with a small discount and in turn I will send them to those here in the US that want one. Granted I will have to buy envelopes and ship them so it may not be worth a few $ in savings, especially if only a couple of us want one. I am going to order one for sure though and not wait for my car since he verified the dimensions so I am confident what he makes will work.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:52 PM
Spyderman2
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks Bob - I took your advice and contacted John at designstuffonline. His response is below in red, and as you can see he requests a "group buy" for people in US. So when you order yours please also order one for me in white. Charge me whatever is fair to cover your costs. Won't bother me if you add a small middleman fee too. When you get them in, PM me and I'll send you my mailing address.
Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg

Many thanks for getting in touch. Yes, I have produced a couple of these now. The initial decal was produced from the dimensions supplied by the customer, as I unfortunately haven’t had chance to measure up/test out the decal in person. I will contact them now to request a photograph of it installed, to add to my web shop (https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/...er_decals.html). They are priced at £10.00 plus shipping. The only snag at the moment, is shipping to the US is taking quite a while and is costly. Therefore, I’m wondering if it’d be possible for someone to arrange a ‘group buy’ in the US?

Kind regards,

John
Design Stuff Online

Last edited by Spyderman2; 05-11-2021 at 12:54 PM. Reason: format fix
Old 05-11-2021, 01:16 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Will do, I have you down for one in White. If anyone else wants one let me know and I will not charge anything extra.
Old 05-19-2021, 12:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Last call before I order this Saturday. Again, I will order and pay for them and when they arrive from the UK I will send them to those that want them here in the US or Canada.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:25 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyderman2
Here is a photo. I think it would be tough to get an accurate digital image from a photo due to parallax error. I'd recommend waiting for your car. When are you expecting it?
I also like the idea of painting the chrome "Spyder" on the side. The chrome seems mildly out of place. Can you recommend how to pop them off w/o damaging them? Are they held on with clips, double sided tape, or ???
Any updates on this, I would like to get rid of the chrome as well, I am wondering if I need to buy the emblems to do this 'before' they are installed?
Old 05-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Any updates on this, I would like to get rid of the chrome as well, I am wondering if I need to buy the emblems to do this 'before' they are installed?
My car is not here but that is one of the first things I will do, and I bet I can get them off without breaking them.

In regards to the front Spyder lip on the logo I will wait one more week to order them - PM me what color you want if you have not so already...this is open to everyone.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:03 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
My car is not here but that is one of the first things I will do, and I bet I can get them off without breaking them.

In regards to the front Spyder lip on the logo I will wait one more week to order them - PM me what color you want if you have not so already...this is open to everyone.
Changed my mind since I can no longer wait for people to decide so I am ordering Monday....last call or get one on your own.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:33 AM
T i h o r
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 19 Posts

Changed my mind since I can no longer wait for people to decide so I am ordering Monday....last call or get one on your own.
Hi Bob,

Can you please order 3 for me. 1 in Flat White, 1 in Bordeaux Red, and 1 in GT Silver.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2021, 12:44 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by T i h o r
Hi Bob,

Can you please order 3 for me. 1 in Flat White, 1 in Bordeaux Red, and 1 in GT Silver.

Many thanks in advance!
There are really no places that can make decals out of Porsche OEM colors - you can check out the colors he carries here (https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/...our-guide.html) or contact them ( info@designstuffonline.co.uk ) to see if can get something closer. The decal need only be close to the color to look good, and I am getting one in Yellow and one in Black to try out on my Racing Yellow Spyder. I will hold ordering off a few days to allow people to contact him about colors.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:46 AM
T i h o r
Advanced

Received 58 Likes on 19 Posts

There are really no places that can make decals out of Porsche OEM colors - you can check out the colors he carries here (https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/...our-guide.html) or contact them ( info@designstuffonline.co.uk ) to see if can get something closer. The decal need only be close to the color to look good, and I am getting one in Yellow and one in Black to try out on my Racing Yellow Spyder. I will hold ordering off a few days to allow people to contact him about colors.
Hi Bob, re-reading my post about the colour selection sounded a bit demanding, so sorry if it was interpreted that way. I meant those colours just as a reference, not necessarily that it had to be that exactly. I double checked the website and White, Silver, and Crimson Lake Red look like they'll work great.

Also, what are your thoughts on the matte finishes?
Old 05-26-2021, 10:06 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by T i h o r
Hi Bob, re-reading my post about the colour selection sounded a bit demanding, so sorry if it was interpreted that way. I meant those colours just as a reference, not necessarily that it had to be that exactly. I double checked the website and White, Silver, and Crimson Lake Red look like they'll work great.

Also, what are your thoughts on the matte finishes?
No problem, it was probably not apparent that people did not know that. Please send me a PM with what you want since that is where I keep track of it. The seller of these is thinking about sending me one to ensure it fits so this may take a little while longer.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: I just talked to John the seller and he is making all of them and sending them soon so the order has been placed! He feels that it must be the correct size since he never heard back otherwise from the person he made one for and they had discussed the size, etc beforehand so all should be well. I will get the final price soon.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

They are on the way to me so if you requested one please email me your shipping address: blackbirdbobz@gmail.com

Use the same address for Paypal: $15 will get you one (or two depending on the color requested), and if paying via Paypal please add the fee and a little extra for postage if outside the US...thanks!

Last edited by Bob Z.; 06-23-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: "Spyder" and “GT4” logo decal for front spoiler