Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 09:10 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

Estimated arrival dates but they're not exact. I'm on the Supreme Ace right now and everything is about 2 days off from this schedule.

Originally Posted by gregturek
Dumb question, are these arrival dates or departure dates?
Old 09-30-2022, 10:43 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Confirmed via the VINAnalytics report on my VIN that my car is fitted with Pirelli PZeros. Oh well, break-in tires I guess.

Rear Tire Fitment DOT Code XTX0U016 3522
Front Tire Fitment DOT Code XT9KU017 2322
Old 09-30-2022, 12:10 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,263 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Generally, if the app says it's produced, the car is produced. I have yet to see an instance where the app was updated to say production was completed and it somehow wasn't.

That said, I have an all-new reason to be excited to get my car. This TYD crap will be over.

I just hope I maintain my current sense of enlightenment and never try to do this **** again.... the car I'm sure will be worth it, but I think I'll stick to plucking cars off the lot from now on. Or used.

This process has been every bit as painful as I thought it would be.
Haha yeah I have to agree. I honestly thought that after the first month I would have calmed down, closed TYD and basically just wait till my dealer contacts me telling me the car is ready. Instead what happened was this incessant need to check the app every 10 minutes on the hope that it would move forward sooner than stated, only to see the estimate get pushed back. This is probably one of the few times where its gone forward rather than back. I probably won't order another Porsche again for my own sanity, but I know my girlfriend wants one so I'll let her suffer through the process haha.
The following users liked this post:
Rasputin. (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 12:13 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Confirmed via the VINAnalytics report on my VIN that my car is fitted with Pirelli PZeros. Oh well, break-in tires I guess.

Rear Tire Fitment DOT Code XTX0U016 3522
Front Tire Fitment DOT Code XT9KU017 2322
Me too.

I'll also be swapping to Michelin AS4s about a month after getting the car too... but I'll do my best to burn through the Pirellis as soon as spring hits.
Old 09-30-2022, 12:49 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

I was really annoyed at Porsche the other week because they moved my change freeze date back from the 8th to the 20th (they did this on the 7th), and then when I went to check it on the 19th, it said my freeze date locked on the 16th ( I had also checked it on the 12th and it still said the 20th). It's not the end of the world because I am happy with my build, but I don't really care for the idea of pushing a date back and then moving it forward again.

Anyway, that's all small potatoes. Going to check TYD now and see what the deal is. My production date should be scheduled today. I will edit this post and update.

EDIT: So it has a production date (I cant find this date), and it has a CP8.0 and transit to Emden Port date of October 14th. Safe to say production should start around October 7th at the latest?

Last edited by Rasputin.; 09-30-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:38 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Weirdest thing for me is the fact that TYD still has my car in Phase 2 (scheduled for production). TYD is showing the car in transit to Emden, and if I do the inspect hack, it shows the status of the car as Ordered not Produced. I think that's the only thing that's really weirding me out as according the TYD the car is definitely made and on its way, but the Phase still has it as not even entering production yet.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:41 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

That part didn't update me until the car arrived at Emden. Don't sweat that part. It lags by about a week. You'll get an email.

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Weirdest thing for me is the fact that TYD still has my car in Phase 2 (scheduled for production). TYD is showing the car in transit to Emden, and if I do the inspect hack, it shows the status of the car as Ordered not Produced. I think that's the only thing that's really weirding me out as according the TYD the car is definitely made and on its way, but the Phase still has it as not even entering production yet.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:47 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

That part didn't update me until the car arrived at Emden. Don't sweat that part. It lags by about a week. You'll get an email.
ah ok good to know. I think I'm just being really wary of this part since ive seen so many delays but then all of a sudden things to be moving faster than expected. Looking at TYD it shows the car being halfway to Emden Port already even though the estimated milestone completion has it as 10/8. I really hope it gets on a boat sooner than later because I have heard of another interest rate increase happening in the beginning of November so I want to be able to lock down a rate before that increase happens.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:48 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Quarter-end push. They're trying to get everything to Emden as fast as they can. It'll make it.

ah ok good to know. I think I'm just being really wary of this part since ive seen so many delays but then all of a sudden things to be moving faster than expected. Looking at TYD it shows the car being halfway to Emden Port already even though the estimated milestone completion has it as 10/8. I really hope it gets on a boat sooner than later because I have heard of another interest rate increase happening in the beginning of November so I want to be able to lock down a rate before that increase happens.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Rasputin.
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 252 Posts

Can you tell me more about this inspect hack? Developer tools on chrome? f12?

NVM, found a thread on it here for anyone else interested

Last edited by Rasputin.; 09-30-2022 at 01:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rusmani (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 01:52 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Amazing to see how neurotic TYD has made me haha. My car says it has been in production since 9/23 with CP8.0 on 10/7. I did the "inspect hack" to look for pics, which weren't up yet, but I saw that my car status is "produced" rather than "ordered". Curious as to what this means. I'm Midwest, so hoping the car shows up before it gets too cold. Would love to get a few drives in at the end of this season.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
porschedetective (09-30-2022), Rasputin. (09-30-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by rusmani
Amazing to see how neurotic TYD has made me haha. My car says it has been in production since 9/23 with CP8.0 on 10/7. I did the "inspect hack" to look for pics, which weren't up yet, but I saw that my car status is "produced" rather than "ordered". Curious as to what this means. I'm Midwest, so hoping the car shows up before it gets too cold. Would love to get a few drives in at the end of this season.
Yeah I have no pics yet either. However the weird thing is that mine says its still in Ordered rather than Produced. And yet TYD clearly shows it halfway to the port. It gets weirder though. The local dealer near me decided to use my build for a GTS4.0 (I had a deposit and build order with them for one before I got my GT4 allocation) and so I can see the tracking for that as well. And the status for that one says Produced, even though TYD shows the car doesn't start production for another week. Just hoping TYD didn't mess up and its showing me the GTS on my TYD even though I have the GT4 selected. Who knows.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:08 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Confirmed via the VINAnalytics report on my VIN that my car is fitted with Pirelli PZeros.
My car showed up w/ the Dunlops. Def not my top choice, but like you said: break-in tires.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:52 AM
cybers3c
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 56 Posts

Well folks I am finally out of here. After 13+ months since my deposit and 8+ months since V200, I finally picked up my ‘22 Spyder today. I feel very fortunate to get it exactly as I specced it with PDLS+, PCCBs, yellow stitching and other goodies. More/better pics to follow in the official chalk thread, so stay tuned. Thank you all for many months of banter and entertainment while waiting!

The following 4 users liked this post by cybers3c:
Clark_Kent (10-02-2022), g0rillacake (10-01-2022), JBM718GTS (10-01-2022), patdonahue (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 01:32 AM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

TYD is behaving exactly the same way for me. SA confirms production complete.

The my Porsche app gave a notification that production is complete.

The car appears to be on its way to Emden since Wednesday night. Can’t be that far, but could it be sitting on a trailer waiting for a tractor to haul it to Emden.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...