Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 09:29 AM
slowdown
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat
Share you configs? Any odd options?
​​​​​Here's my configuration. Nothing odd really. Black brushed aluminum, red gauges and Porsche crest on the headrest are the only possible reasons?

Old 05-04-2022, 11:01 AM
Min Choi
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS
Definitely an ugly bump, but I suspect most car manufacturers will pass a significant bump in MSRP between 22-23. We are finally feeling the full impact of combined supply chain strain, and extraordinary demand.
I was given an allocation last month for a GT4, and it is a MY23 so the new MSRP it is. Combine that with Ontario luxury tax and this car will roughly cost $20k more than a 2022. Pay to play I suppose.
Yeh, here In BC, most GT4 configurations will exceed 150k and will get a bump next tax bracket to 25% from 20%. Ouch!
Old 05-04-2022, 11:10 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Definitely an ugly bump, but I suspect most car manufacturers will pass a significant bump in MSRP between 22-23. We are finally feeling the full impact of combined supply chain strain, and extraordinary demand.
I was given an allocation last month for a GT4, and it is a MY23 so the new MSRP it is. Combine that with Ontario luxury tax and this car will roughly cost $20k more than a 2022. Pay to play I suppose.
It's not an Ontario Lux Tax. This is a Federal Tax in all provinces.

Shame as it was created to "have the wealthy pay their fair share and take from those who did well during the pandemic", that is very close to Crystia Freeland's words when delivering the 2021 budget. It also penalizes those who have saved their money to afford a car that crosses the threshold, they are not wealthy or high earners, just diligent savers. But I suppose the government's mindset is if you can save that kind of money, then you are better than those who cannot, therefore pay a luxury tax because you are doing too well.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:25 AM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

Received 299 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto

Shame as it was created to "have the wealthy pay their fair share and take from those who did well during the pandemic", that is very close to Crystia Freeland's words when delivering the 2021 budget. It also penalizes those who have saved their money to afford a car that crosses the threshold, they are not wealthy or high earners, just diligent savers. But I suppose the government's mindset is if you can save that kind of money, then you are better than those who cannot, therefore pay a luxury tax because you are doing too well.
Realized my error, and hadn't had a chance to edit (changed now). I had to sign a doc at the dealer yesterday stating that lux tax may apply when the final bill is tallied.. sign of the times.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:27 AM
Min Choi
Track Day

Is it coming in September 2022?
Old 05-04-2022, 11:28 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Realized my error, and hadn't had a chance to edit (changed now). I had to sign a doc at the dealer yesterday stating that lux tax may apply when the final bill is tallied.. sign of the times.
When is your car expected to land?
The following users liked this post:
JBM718GTS (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 11:28 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Min Choi
Is it coming in September 2022?
Seems like it's moving forward for a Sept 1 2022 date. It was tabled into a Bill introduced last week. Doesn't seem to be getting much media attention if any.
JBM718GTS (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 11:36 AM
Min Choi
Track Day

Seems like it's moving forward for a Sept 1 2022 date. It was tabled into a Bill introduced last week. Doesn't seem to be getting much media attention if any.
Well, my understanding is you can avoid the tax if you have a written agreement on sale before April 2021. I hope you are one of the cases. I feel lucky to have got my car two weeks ago.
JBM718GTS (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:49 PM
davefl1976
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by unclemat
Share you configs? Any odd options?
Mine's a PTS (Oslo Blue) but no real crazy options. Blue stitching and seatbelts are the only real oddballs.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:16 PM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 68 Posts

obviously I have no clue how it works in Canada but here’s my scenario. I got a build slot last May and took deliver late November. I had a very low mileage ‘14 TurboS I bought a year earlier and got trade in price what I had paid for it in ‘20. I got my GT4 at msrp and got a $9k check from dealer at delivery so my cost for sales tax purposes was -$9k paid no sales tax. Is there offset like this in CN?
Old 05-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Min Choi
Track Day

Originally Posted by lnirenberg
obviously I have no clue how it works in Canada but here’s my scenario. I got a build slot last May and took deliver late November. I had a very low mileage ‘14 TurboS I bought a year earlier and got trade in price what I had paid for it in ‘20. I got my GT4 at msrp and got a $9k check from dealer at delivery so my cost for sales tax purposes was -$9k paid no sales tax. Is there offset like this in CN?
No, I don’t think so. The lux tax will be applied before the trade-in value is applied.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:39 PM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswd62
The Siem Confucius seems to be sitting off the Port of Baltimore. Hopefully it will dock soon.

Has anyone else noticed that the Siem Confucius is still anchored just outside of port? It's been there for over 3 days now. Does anyone know what's going on? I guess my hopes of picking up my car this weekend is more of a pipe dream.
Growler48 (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 04:53 PM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

When is your car expected to land?
My car is scheduled for build on Sept 15, delivery November 15ish. It's all flexible in the current environment I'm sure. Its PTS too, which meant lock was way early.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:56 PM
JBM718GTS
Instructor

Originally Posted by lnirenberg
My basic understanding at this moment... the dealer will be 'charged' the lux tax and then add it onto MSRP before tax. Effectively the MSRP of the car is now higher, and DOUBLE LOSE; you pay sales tax on the new total (MSRP+LUX = total). No discount applied for trade in either. Liberals appear keen to ensure the wording 'tax isn't charged to the buyer, but to the dealer'.. we can all see through that.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:43 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

^ That's what you get when you elect f**king commies.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...