Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 09:05 AM
TriggerHappy
Instructor

Received 208 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
One day soon I'll be able to make my post here! Just got confirmation that Spyders will be produced for MY23 for the Canadian market. Was beginning to worry as March is around the corner, and not having an allocation yet means I may not get a car under the previous assumption of production ending at MY22.
okay this is awesome news - if true!😁 I was under the assumption that MY22 was the last year. This means I may have a chance to get a build and join the waiting room as well. I’ll have to reach out as well to my SA and let you know what I hear. Was so concerned about not getting. A build that I jumped on a used Spyder (bare bones black w LWBSs) earlier this month. Looks like now it might be a bridge car after all!
The following users liked this post:
6IXSPD (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 10:28 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 109 Posts

Yesterday must have been the day for TYD to be back on track as my production started on my spyder a week late but at least its started.
Also from my SA the builds to replace cars from the Felicity are starting in May so hopefully that will not delay anyone that is getting built before May.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:46 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 744 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS
Funny timing, I heard the same thing today from a friendly SA. Maybe that means it's true?!

Probably best to manage expectations though.
Agreed, I remain cautiously optimistic. Was starting to shop for alternatives as Spring is around the corner, in case an allocation was no longer going to happen. What market are you buying from?
Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
okay this is awesome news - if true!😁 I was under the assumption that MY22 was the last year. This means I may have a chance to get a build and join the waiting room as well. I’ll have to reach out as well to my SA and let you know what I hear. Was so concerned about not getting. A build that I jumped on a used Spyder (bare bones black w LWBSs) earlier this month. Looks like now it might be a bridge car after all!
I saw your posts earlier. Congrats on picking up that black beauty! I'm sure having bought that, your odds of grabbing an allocation for a new car are vastly improved with that dealership. Though that usually means they ding you on the trade, or in this case, selling a marked up car. Such games we convince ourselves of worth dealing with, lol... Cars are an addiction!
Old 02-26-2022, 02:53 PM
Scrounger
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by *991*
Yesterday must have been the day for TYD to be back on track as my production started on my spyder a week late but at least its started.
Also from my SA the builds to replace cars from the Felicity are starting in May so hopefully that will not delay anyone that is getting built before May.
Yep. My SA confirmed something similar. Porsche will be replacing lost vehicles using dealer demo/showroom stock and mid '22 allocations. No cars that are either scheduled or have started production will be used.

My GTS was due to go into build on the 18th Feb and be finished by the 25th. I've had no updates at all since but my recent PVMS screen shot shows it being sat in production until 11th March! Surely that can't be right.... 3 weeks on the assembly line!! Delivery has also slipped to the right by 2 weeks.

My SA has been off sick with Covid all last week so he said he'd look at it when he's back in on Monday.

Fingers crossed it's now done but I'm not hopeful. No final pictures on the MY Porsche app nor an email to say its done (we don't have TYD in the UK).

Last edited by Scrounger; 02-26-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:57 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta-j
Congrats! Very exciting time.

I've been waiting since last April when I put down my deposit, and my car is now built and waiting for shipment from Emden. A bit earlier and it might have burned in the fire!
So close now! Remind me which car did you order again? Hope to meet you at some of the PCA events here.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:05 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
So close now! Remind me which car did you order again? Hope to meet you at some of the PCA events here.
Hey @P-car-Vancouver !

It exited the production plant Feb 15, and was due to be in Emden Feb 25 (not sure why that 10-day delay), for shipping Mar 3. So I can almost narrow it down to the likely ship now — Siem Aristotle I'm thinking.

I got a Carmine Red CGTS4 with Carerra wheels.

The following 2 users liked this post by Delta-j:
P-car-Vancouver (02-26-2022), UncleDude (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 04:21 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

I logged into my account on the Porsche site.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:38 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 239 Posts

So it looks like the PSVMS and TYD are finally in sync for my Spyder build. Prior to the Felicity Ace I was scheduled to enter the body shop on 4/15 with a projected dealer delivery date of 6/3. Post ship fire, and after slipping back to V100 (due to lack of supply for high performance summer tires) and now, back to V200 status, all systems are in sync for an updated body shop date of 5/27 and a new projected to the dealership date of 7/15. So, all in all, a push back of 6 weeks.

Given what’s happening in the world and Porsche logistics challenges, I’ll take it. Crossing my fingers and hoping that everything holds firm moving forward through the ordering, build and delivery process.

The good news is that there doesn't seem to be any supply chain roadblocks on my build spec which includes buckets and PCCB’s.

Here’s the link to my final build. Not making any changes from this point forward.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4KDDA1

jimdillard (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 06:51 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 156 Posts

Congratulations! That's great news given all the "issues" Porsche has undergone recently between supply chain disruptions and the Felicity Ace shipboard fire. And I'm SO pleased to hear the PCCB's are once again available. Love the Lizard Green you've chosen. That'll be an attention-getter!

I wonder what percentage of customers with cars aboard the Felicity Ace chose to NOT re-order and instead requested a refund for their build allocation deposit? That would be interesting data. Good luck. I hope it goes smoothly from here!
Old 02-26-2022, 06:54 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
So it looks like the PSVMS and TYD are finally in sync for my Spyder build. Prior to the Felicity Ace I was scheduled to enter the body shop on 4/15 with a projected dealer delivery date of 6/3. Post ship fire, and after slipping back to V100 (due to lack of supply for high performance summer tires) and now, back to V200 status, all systems are in sync for an updated body shop date of 5/27 and a new projected to the dealership date of 7/15. So, all in all, a push back of 6 weeks.

Given what’s happening in the world and Porsche logistics challenges, I’ll take it. Crossing my fingers and hoping that everything holds firm moving forward through the ordering, build and delivery process.

The good news is that there doesn't seem to be any supply chain roadblocks on my build spec which includes buckets and PCCB’s.

Here’s the link to my final build. Not making any changes from this point forward.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4KDDA1
Nice spec. You checked pretty much all the boxes. Now the wait begins.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:55 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimdillard
Love the Lizard Green you've chosen.
Python. Lizard woulda been PTS.
jimdillard (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 07:08 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

My error! And an expensive mistake to boot!! Python Green no less attractive. That'll be a beautiful car.
SpyderSenseOC (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 07:39 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,278 Posts

I had no idea how stoked I would be to get a green car. lol At the start of this ordering process, it was an interesting yet oddball color. Now that I committed, I am twice as excited as I was for my original guards red car.
jimdillard (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 07:58 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
I had no idea how stoked I would be to get a green car. lol At the start of this ordering process, it was an interesting yet oddball color. Now that I committed, I am twice as excited as I was for my original guards red car.
If I had gotten any sort of moral support from my family on this color, I would have gone Python and configured the interior like this. I know it's a lot. But Python Green is A LOT!

The following 2 users liked this post by SpyderSenseOC:
Adrift (02-26-2022), fman15 (02-27-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 07:59 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

My wife and I recently saw a Python Green 911 GT3 on the showroom floor awaiting delivery at our local Porsche dealer. The color was STUNNING. It was fun watching people walk-in, do a double-take, and then walk over to admire the car. Like a fine piece of art. Which of course these cars are. Talk about WOW-FACTOR...

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...